Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Yellow & Orange Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   This board is dead, so I started a new thread... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42376)

bpe3 09-19-2007 11:38 AM

This board is dead, so I started a new thread...

Gee, I'm a poet and didn't even know it.:splits:

Come on Yellow Lotters!!! Let's liven this place up!!!

bpe3

Tedc 09-19-2007 11:42 AM

Re: This board is dead, so I started a new thread...

:includeme:

bpe3 09-19-2007 05:17 PM

OK... Now we're getting somewhere. Quality conversation at its finest. I love this board.:gathering:

bpe3

GlassHalfFull 09-19-2007 05:23 PM

I posted this earlier today on another yellow lot thread, maybe it will do better here.

My husband can't make the game so our tailgating group will consist of 3 teenage boys and 3 moms. We need some good food suggestions - we are cooking on a camp stove - no one has a portable grill. Last week we made breakfast tacos - that was great - but are looking for some new ideas for this week.

One of the moms is Irish, so she has the drinking beer thing down - but her football knowledge is based on a rugby background. We were at our middle schoolers football game last night, her son made some great tackles. The rugby thing doesn't hurt there. She was thrilled when I explained tailgating to her and that it was ok to bring beer.

bpe3 09-19-2007 06:23 PM

No offense, but you know it's possible to start your own thread right??? That's what people usually do when they want to discuss a brand new topic.

How about Lobster omlettes for everyone in the Yellow Lot? Eggs benedict?It's hard to get good breakfast food at a tailgate party. We have a gas griddle and used to cook up bacon fresh at every home game. Haven't had it in a while though. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

bpe3

aj. 09-19-2007 06:31 PM

I did breakfast tacos before the KC game (eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, onions, peppers w/ home made flour tortillas courtesy of our friends, hot picante) etc., all made fresh on my Coleman stove. It's one of my favorite tailgate b'fasts.

This week it's an egg bake, made at home and transported in a hot bag for the 25 minutes it takes me to get to Reliant from my house. More time for me to socialize while grilling Chappel Hill jalapeno sausage and other tasty nibblings.

texanmojo 09-19-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpe3 (Post 740439)
We have a gas griddle and used to cook up bacon fresh at every home game. Haven't had it in a while though. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

I still have it...if you want me to bring it...

bpe3 09-19-2007 09:05 PM

I want fresh bacon, but I want someone else to cook it. It would be a great condiment for Doug's famous tacos.

bpe3

dskillz 09-20-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanmojo.com (Post 740475)

Breakfast tacos this week? They were great for the Chiefs game.

bpe3 09-20-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Yeah. Bring that bacon cooking machine. Bacon rules.

bpe3

Brando 09-20-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj. (Post 740447)
I did breakfast tacos before the KC game (eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, onions, peppers w/ home made flour tortillas courtesy of our friends, hot picante) etc., all made fresh on my Coleman stove. It's one of my favorite tailgate b'fasts.

This week it's an egg bake, made at home and transported in a hot bag for the 25 minutes it takes me to get to Reliant from my house. More time for me to socialize while grilling Chappel Hill jalapeno sausage and other tasty nibblings.

Man that sounds good aj!

mmm Home made flour tortillas...........

powerfuldragon 09-20-2007 12:50 PM

i vaguely remember eating some delicious breakfast tacos before the kc game.

bpe3 09-21-2007 09:19 AM

Whoever invented the taco should be given a Noble Prize.

Also, go ahead and give one to the first guy who ate a pig and declared, "Damn, bacon tastes GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!"

bpe3