Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Mario Williams...a poor man's Julius Peppers (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42058)

JPEPP4PREZ 09-13-2007 10:19 AM

Mario Williams...a poor man's Julius Peppers

Just wanted to raise the accumulative blood pressure of the board :doot:

Double Barrel 09-13-2007 10:21 AM

Re: Mario Williams...a poor man's Julius Peppers

Be gone, troll! :pirate:

real 09-13-2007 10:22 AM

:ohsnap:

Texan_Bill 09-13-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPEPP4PREZ (Post 734263)
Just wanted to raise the accumulative blood pressure of the board :doot:

Mario has a long ways to go to be mentioned in the same sentence as Peppers. I think the most homer of Texans fans admit that.... Last week, he played a great game, but he has to string a bunch of those together to even begin to scratch the surface.

Ironically, there are many members (including me) that wanted to draft Peppers in 2002 rather than Carr.

Now, with that said.... Be gone!!! :bat:

Kaiser Toro 09-13-2007 10:26 AM

NFL Defensive Players of the Week in 2007

http://www.cincyjungle.com/story/2007/9/12/191850/883

I did not see Peppers name mentioned anywhere on that list.

Double Barrel 09-13-2007 10:27 AM

David Carr...a poor man's Trent Dilfer.

Now we're even. :loser

Does this clown really think any Texans fan is trying to compare Mario to Peppers? Trolls are funny creatures sometimes. They reveal themselves from beneath their rocks, only to grace us with absolutely no social skills.

Leaving trolling to the professionals, like Overalls, Texans Bill, and even Blazing Arrow. At least they bring something of reality into the mix.

Overalls 09-13-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 734281)
David Carr...a poor man's Trent Dilfer.

Now we're even. :loser

Does this clown really think any Texans fan is trying to compare Mario to Peppers? Trolls are funny creatures sometimes. They reveal themselves from beneath their rocks, only to grace us with absolutely no social skills.

Leaving trolling to the professionals, like Overalls, Texans Bill, and even Blazing Arrow. At least they bring something of reality into the mix.

Yep. I think the dude can be good, but right now I take the Pepper's comment as a compliment.

May be this guy is a closet Texans fan.

:fans:

Vinny 09-13-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 734275)
Mario has a long ways to go to be mentioned in the same sentence as Peppers. I think the most homer of Texans fans admit that.... Last week, he played a great game, but he has to string a bunch of those together to even begin to scratch the surface.

Ironically, there are many members (including me) that wanted to draft Peppers in 2002 rather than Carr.

Now, with that said.... Be gone!!! :bat:

true dat. Peppers and Williams have different games too....Williams is not as quick and doesn't have much instinct to this game right now, but is more powerful and may play inside quite a bit as his career evolves. Right now Peppers is an elite DE and Williams is a young player with loads of potential and very well could see a few pro bowls in the years to come himself. Too bad we could have had both of these guys...but oh well.

powerfuldragon 09-13-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 734364)
true dat. Peppers and Williams have different games too....Williams is not as quick and doesn't have much instinct to this game right now, but is more powerful and may play inside quite a bit as his career evolves. Right now Peppers is an elite DE and Williams is a young player with loads of potential and very well could see a few pro bowls in the years to come himself. Too bad we could have had both of these guys...but oh well.

i go with that.

Jackofalltrades 09-13-2007 12:34 PM

Peppers = perennial Pro-bowler and starter

Carr = back up

YellerLotYeller 09-13-2007 01:08 PM

Steve Smith is a short-man's Andre Johnson....

HOU-TEX 09-13-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackofalltrades (Post 734419)

Carr = back up

Rub it in why don't ya.:gun:

Bubbajwp 09-13-2007 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller (Post 734461)

LOL. Your on a roll. I'd rep you but I gotta spread it around first.

TexansSeminole 09-13-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackofalltrades (Post 734419)

Carr = back up

Well you've got that right. That's a start.

TexansLucky13 09-13-2007 02:58 PM

This reminds me of all that "fast-twitch" and "slow-twitch" muscle garbage that people were sifting through after the draft last year. What a joke.

HuttoKarl 09-13-2007 03:00 PM

Dan Morgan = concussed man's DeMeco Ryans

awtysst 09-13-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller (Post 734461)

Rep your way!!!

Edit: You must spread some reputation around before giving it to YellerLotYeller again.

real 09-13-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 (Post 734590)
This reminds me of all that "fast-twitch" and "slow-twitch" muscle garbage that people were sifting through after the draft last year. What a joke.

Umm...

I think there's plenty relevance to that "slow-twitch" "fast-twitch" talk...

gtexan02 09-13-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx (Post 734602)
Umm...

I think there's plenty relevance to that "slow-twitch" "fast-twitch" talk...

No theres not. I already thought we settled this medically?

Mario's workout performances completely invalidate any of the slow-twitch fast-twitch crap that permeated the media for a while

Slow twitch muscle are aerobic, slow fatiguing, high strength muscles and fast twitch muscles are anaerobic, quickly fatiguing, quick bursts of energy muscles.

Mario would never have been able to put up his combine numbers if he was predominately a "slow-twitch" kind of guy.

Additionally, EVERYone has both types. At most, you may posses 75-80% of one type, but everyone has both. And there is good evidence that the numbers switch depending on what you train for.

I simply don't buy into the fast twitch slow twitch medical prognosis on Mario Williams. I've seen him fly off the ball, and I've seen him get pancaked from being too slow. I dont think muscle fiber has anything to do with it. I think its primarily football instict, and thats something Mario doesnt seem to have yet

If you want to speculate that his muscles use the wrong energy source and therefore he'll never be a great pass rusher, thats your own perogative. But the fact that he can dominate one game and then disappear the next screams technique, motivation, and instinct to me. I believe my eyes, not some sports writers whose job it is to critique the Texans every move

HOU-TEX 09-13-2007 03:28 PM

Not this again. :worm: