Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Wear White Sunday!!! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41688)

Mean Machine 09-05-2007 09:59 AM

Wear White Sunday!!!

Tell your friends, tell your buddies, tell your girlfriend.
It's LIBERTY WHITE KICKOFF!!!
Sunday, September 9.
Wear White.
Go Texans!!!

swtbound07 09-05-2007 10:13 AM

Re: Wear White Sunday!!!

I can't....I dont own a liberty jersey. Gonna have to rock the battle red andre. Sorry guys.

GlassHalfFull 09-05-2007 10:24 AM

So help me understand. Is it better to wear any white shirt or your color (red, blue) texans gear?

StarStruck 09-05-2007 12:36 PM

All of my liberty white jerseys are players who are no longer with the team. Sharper, Glenn, Carr, Davis/Williams. Which one should I choose?

powerfuldragon 09-05-2007 12:44 PM

i don't have a white jersey or any white shirts with a texans logo... i'll just wear a regular white tee.

Yankee_In_TX 09-05-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarStruck (Post 726719)
All of my liberty white jerseys are players who are no longer with the team. Sharper, Glenn, Carr, Davis/Williams. Which one should I choose?

Davis, it's what I wear.

GlassHalfFull 09-05-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Take the Carr one and duct tape over the name with Schaub:fans:

Yankee_In_TX 09-05-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CabbageFerguson (Post 726727)
i don't have a white jersey or any white shirts with a texans logo... i'll just wear a regular white tee.

White outs and Battle Red look good. Better to wear a red/white T than to not. On battle red days, I wear a red T (don't have a BR jersey).

Brando 09-05-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

You can take the name off any of the jerseys and have no name if you want to alter them.
That's what I did with my Glenn jersey.

SheTexan 09-05-2007 02:09 PM

The Texans screwed this up. It should be Steel Blue day, since the Chiefs are red and white. I'm wearing blue!

TxDavid 09-05-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 726588)
So help me understand. Is it better to wear any white shirt or your color (red, blue) texans gear?

Stay away from Red. White is best, but like Gma said - Texans screwed the pooch on this one. Target & Academy usually have Texans T's for ~$12 if you want to get a white one.

Tedc 09-05-2007 06:14 PM

If it is Liberty White day, you should wear white.

The problem with Houston as fans is we don't do things like other fans do.

It would be nice to have ALL white jerseys/shirts, with the seats filled before player announcements, and everyone being loud and proud. It just won't happen in Houston.

Maybe we will get better at it as the team does well.

Texan_Bill 09-05-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedc (Post 727049)

It would be nice to have ALL white jerseys/shirts, with the seats filled before player announcements, and everyone being loud and proud. It just won't happen in Houston.

Sorry Ted. As the Texans begin to do well, Houston fans (not all of course - there's a lot of folks like us) will show up later and later. See the Rockets.

Tulip 09-05-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 726588)

Wear white. Even though I think Surrender Sunday is a totally lame gimmick.

On Liberty White Day and Battle Red Day, always choose the color over wearing team apparel. The point is to have the whole stadium looking uniform. My desktop has Petey in battle red in the sea of Bull Pen fans. Only a couple of fans weren't wearing red, and it looks bad.

My other half did NOT want to buy a white Texans shirt, but he got lucky when they passed out free ones at training camp. I bought one at Academy last year for the same occasion.

GlassHalfFull 09-05-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 727110)

On Liberty White Day and Battle Red Day, always choose the color over wearing team apparel. The point is to have the whole stadium looking uniform. My desktop has Petey in battle red in the sea of Bull Pen fans. Only a couple of fans weren't wearing red, and it looks bad.

My other half did NOT want to buy a white Texans shirt, but he got lucky when they passed out free ones at training camp. I bought one at Academy last year for the same occasion.

White it is, I have to take my son to Academy to buy cleats - looks like they will be very expensive cleats (I have to slip it by my other half).:user:

Speedy 09-05-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 727110)

I've got to admit, from a guy who has never ever liked the all white unis, the Texans actually looked pretty sharp in them last year. I wouldn't want them to switch to it permanently, and other than that game and battle red day, I wish they'd wear the blues for all other home games.

Gimmick or not, I think it's a cool idea to try and get the stadium all white, all blue or all red. I think that actually may be an original idea. Well, at least a twist to that idea. I know team's fans have dressed one color at games before, but I don't know of any who do 3 colors.

And when the team starts winning, the fans will get with the program.

JohnsonFan 09-05-2007 07:35 PM

why do we not have a specific home jersey or away like we where blue when we are home and away same as white?

Double Barrel 09-05-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Wear White Sunday!!!
Do socks count?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedc (Post 727049)

Some of us aren't swayed by marketing decisions that give us FIVE home unis.

What I don't get is "Liberty White Day", like the white jerseys are special...expect for the other 3-4 times they wear them this season.

ohhhhh, they have white pants now, so that makes all the difference...not.

I'm going with my steel blue custom authentic. No way do I blow $200 on a jersey only to skip wearing it so I can wear a t-shirt to make sure I'm color coordinated.

Nobody cares what us goat herders wear up on the mountain anyway... :shades:

Quote:

Originally Posted by swtbound07 (Post 726579)
I can't....I dont own a liberty jersey. Gonna have to rock the battle red andre. Sorry guys.

Nothing to apologize for, IMO. I hate the strength of the marketing department that this team seems to display. Maybe I'm old school, but teams should have official home and away jerseys, IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnsonFan (Post 727130)
why do we not have a specific home jersey or away like we where blue when we are home and away same as white?

Good question, and one I've never figured out in five seasons.

JohnsonFan 09-05-2007 07:58 PM

i only have a steel blue andre

shinerbock_girl 09-05-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

I feel your pain, only white i have is an old Carr jersey...going to have to be steel blue Meco or battle Red Mario