Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41596)

DiehardChris 09-03-2007 02:21 AM

Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
AND YES I'M USING CAPS BECAUSE I'M *******ING PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!

www.keyetv.com/programming

So much for Keye promising Texan fans to "start 2007 with the Texans and see how it goes".

So much for KEYE promising Texan fans a "balance between the Titans and Texans games."

TexanSam 09-03-2007 02:25 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
If Vince Young gets hurt and is out for the season, what will they do?

DiehardChris 09-03-2007 02:29 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
I would never wish that on anyone - especially not someone I like - Vince Young - but that's kind of what I'm going to have to start doing I guess.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if KEYE televised people eating live kittens. SO SO ANGRY!!!!!

JohnsonFan 09-03-2007 02:37 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
can someone exlpain this whole keye to me please, thanks, and what does it matter what VY does?

DiehardChris 09-03-2007 02:46 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
There are tons of threads about it in this section of the boards.

Short version - Austinites are hung up on Vince Young and can't get over that he isn't here anymore, so they insist that KEYE televises Tennessee Titans games instead of Houston Texans games.... even though they promised to 1 - start the season showing Texans games and 2 - 'balance' the schedule between Texans and Titans games.

...and Austinite Texan fans are pissed.

aj. 09-03-2007 02:56 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 724962)
If Vince Young gets hurt and is out for the season, what will they do?

I've heard that the plan is to hook up a Vince cam on a remotely piloted vehicle. The RPV will follow him around and broadcast his every move on the internet 24/7. It will be simulcast on KEYE from 12-3 every other Sunday so that Longhorn fans will have something to watch as they recover from their hangovers. On alternate Sundays, KEYE will show 2006 Rose Bowl replays in that time slot until Vince recovers from the injury.

Hook'er 09-03-2007 08:48 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
That SUCKS!...........I'm in the Austin Area too (Leander) and ended up having to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket. I started this last season, it looks like I will have to continue till VY retires! The way K-eye is, the Texans could be headed for the playoffs and they would still be airing Tacks games.

nunusguy 09-03-2007 08:55 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Of course its strictly a business decision, so who can blame the TV station over there for making the bottom-line the top priority ? I don't think we're talking about a public-TV station here are we ?
If you've seen the ratings data you know the audiences at the lower range of Titans telecasts in Austin last year pretty much exceeded any of the Texans games that were telecast in that market in 2006.
I dunno if this is more of a statement of VYs enduring popularity in Austin or
just the total apathy they apparently have for the Texans ?

Hookem Horns 09-03-2007 09:15 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nunusguy (Post 725020)
Of course its strictly a business decision, so who can blame the TV station over there for making the bottom-line the top priority ? I don't think we're talking about a public-TV station here are we ?
If you've seen the ratings data you know the audiences at the lower range of Titans telecasts in Austin last year pretty much exceeded any of the Texans games that were telecast in that market in 2006.
I dunno if this is more of a statement of VYs enduring popularity in Austin or
just the total apathy they apparently have for the Texans ?

Honestly, while I am peeved also, this is just as much the fault of the Texans than anyone else. They stuck with Carr too long and made themselves look like morons during the 2006 draft (of course the jury is still out on that one). As big of a Texans fan as I am even I had a hard time watching them last year. Watching Carr was like listening to someone run their fingers down a chalk board and I couldn't take it anymore. Of course this is all last year and that is what KEYE is going on. The real shame is the Texans have gotten rid of Carr and are finally starting to look like a real team. Many of us fans that held on finally have something to be excited about and now they have pulled the plug.

As someone mentioned this is about business and when the Texans become better business than the Titans this problem will remedy itself. We can all pull for the sophmore and Madden jinxes to kick in and the Texans to take care of business. In the meantime it's not a bad idea to have NFL Sunday Ticket or plan on hitting a good sports bar every weekend. I saw this coming and traded my season tickets for the NFL Sunday Ticket this offseason which now looks like a smart decision considering I could only drive down to Houston a few times a season coupled with all of this.

Yankee_In_TX 09-03-2007 09:19 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
I just wish we lived in our own little ideal world...

KEYE: "KEYE, can I help you?"

"Yes, this is Mr. McNair. We just wanted to let you know, we're pulling your Texan coverage rights forever. We'll be broadcasting the Houston coverage of the game on channel 500. We're also pulling all sponsoships. I hope you live to regret your decisions when the Texans win and people forget who Vince Young is."

I mean, I could understand if they were showing the Cowboys, but the fact they're showing the Titans is a joke in my book.

BattleRedToro 09-03-2007 09:29 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 725034)
Honestly, while I am peeved also, this is just as much the fault of the Texans than anyone else. They stuck with Carr too long and made themselves look like morons during the 2006 draft (of course the jury is still out on that one). As big of a Texans fan as I am even I had a hard time watching them last year. Watching Carr was like listening to someone run their fingers down a chalk board and I couldn't take it anymore. Of course this is all last year and that is what KEYE is going on. The real shame is the Texans have gotten rid of Carr and are finally starting to look like a real team. Many of us fans that held on finally have something to be excited about and now they have pulled the plug.

As someone mentioned this is about business and when the Texans become better business than the Titans this problem will remedy itself. We can all pull for the sophmore and Madden jinxes to kick in and the Texans to take care of business. In the meantime it's not a bad idea to have NFL Sunday Ticket or plan on hitting a good sports bar every weekend. I saw this coming and traded my season tickets for the NFL Sunday Ticket this offseason which now looks like a smart decision considering I could only drive down to Houston a few times a season coupled with all of this.

I wish Vince Young wasn't on the Madden cover this year. I don't want to hear that lame excuse used to rationalize his poor performance this year. If he sucks it up this year, then I want people to except the fact that he, his coaches, and his teammates are responsible for their poor performance not some purported curse. If Mario has a breakout year as well, I want all of those people that :crying:, to man up and admit they were wrong for demeaning the Texans over their draft.

rollinstone18 09-03-2007 11:15 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
god damnit I hate keye.

Hardcore Texan 09-03-2007 11:33 AM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiehardChris (Post 724961)
AND YES I'M USING CAPS BECAUSE I'M *******ING PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!

www.keyetv.com/programming

So much for Keye promising Texan fans to "start 2007 with the Texans and see how it goes".

So much for KEYE promising Texan fans a "balance between the Titans and Texans games."

This sucks, but I guess I am getting used to it. I will shell out whatever I have to to watch my team. So what if the Titans get blown out and the Texans win week one.....will they not change their mind? :gun:

rockabilly 09-03-2007 12:38 PM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 725088)
This sucks, but I guess I am getting used to it. I will shell out whatever I have to to watch my team. So what if the Titans get blown out and the Texans win week one.....will they not change their mind? :gun:

They cant'. They must decide the game they will show 12 days in advance, and stick with it.

hollywood_texan 09-04-2007 01:39 PM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 725037)
I just wish we lived in our own little ideal world...

KEYE: "KEYE, can I help you?"

"Yes, this is Mr. McNair. We just wanted to let you know, we're pulling your Texan coverage rights forever. We'll be broadcasting the Houston coverage of the game on channel 500. We're also pulling all sponsoships. I hope you live to regret your decisions when the Texans win and people forget who Vince Young is."

I mean, I could understand if they were showing the Cowboys, but the fact they're showing the Titans is a joke in my book.

I believe your hypothetical phone conversation is not possible.

It appears this situation is directly out of the hands of the Texans organization and the station.

An NFL team cannot dictate coverage outside a certain area (designated as their home) and a local TV station is probably told what to air when they don't have a home team to cover.

Lower ratings mean less money. I work in the TV syndication business, I see the Nielsen ratings, I process advertiser rebates, and I hear all the talk about ratings and the issues.

Now, I am not an expert on the TV business and I don't know the specifics of the contract between the NFL and National networks.

Having said that though, I can't imagine them running a show that will make them less money. Which is what you guys are suggesting!

The Networks get paid off the Nielsen ratings. Complain all you want about the ratings, how they are done, but that is the agreed upon method for advertisers to pay for TV spots. Spots in my business are paid in advance and settled many months later.

If you have lower ratings, you have to either pay them money back or do make good contracts. Which means you have accountants and Nielsen ratings analyst people making decisions that have no idea of the local issues regarding a broadcast. Their job is to make money!

So, if there are lower ratings, that means less money, which means less money for the NFL, which means less money for the players the way the CBA works with revenue sharing.

As you can see, it's less money for Texans players and the organization if the ratings aren't that good in Austin and there is a better alternative.

If the ratings are there, the Texans will be shown in Austin. It's really that simple!

To help the situation, the Texans should:

A. Market the Texans in Austin (which does not include having Toro and few cheerleader hanging out at some kid's birthday party, I am taking about spending some real money with a real ad campaign)

B. Win meaningful football games and push for the playoffs

I really think you guys complaining to the station is pointless. They are a business and I suspect the coverage is dictated to them anyway from a National level.

brakos82 09-04-2007 03:13 PM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
:shades: And I don't even live there... \/

Double Barrel 09-04-2007 03:16 PM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
I'd make a business decision and go with the NFL Ticket on DirecTV.

Just sucks because it's probably pretty pricey.

Yankee_In_TX 09-04-2007 03:17 PM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 724962)
If Vince Young gets hurt and is out for the season, what will they do?

3 hours of Sanford and Sons?

Yankee_In_TX 09-04-2007 03:19 PM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 725037)
I just wish we lived in our own little ideal world...

KEYE: "KEYE, can I help you?"

"Yes, this is Mr. McNair. We just wanted to let you know, we're pulling your Texan coverage rights forever. We'll be broadcasting the Houston coverage of the game on channel 500. We're also pulling all sponsoships. I hope you live to regret your decisions when the Texans win and people forget who Vince Young is."

I mean, I could understand if they were showing the Cowboys, but the fact they're showing the Titans is a joke in my book.


(psst, Hollywood, see the bold)

HuttoKarl 09-04-2007 03:20 PM

Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 726029)
3 hours of Sanford and Sons?


A special Encore Presentation of "Radio" starring Vince Young.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger