Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   KENS Showing Texans (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41424)

FirstTexansFan 08-29-2007 04:21 PM

KENS Showing Texans

Ok, surprise, but from what I can determine looking at various TV guides on the web, KENS-TV (Channel 5) in San Antonio will be showing the opening game of the Texans vs. Chiefs. I've already sent them email thanking them for their decision, as I'll try to take the Elle approach and attract them with sweetness (As much as I prefer the big stick method). I will continue to keep an eye on this, and do my best to stay on top of this situation with proactive emails, etc. It is up to us to make sure they know they have an audience for these games.

SheTexan 08-29-2007 05:46 PM

Re: KENS Showing Texans

That's definitely a positive sign First Texan!! I'm happy for all you SA fans who can't make it down here for the game. Keep the positive vibes going!!

BSofA04 08-30-2007 01:40 AM

FTF that's great news!!!!! If you wouldn't mind giving me some email address to KENS, I wouldn't mind sending some thank you messages as well. I'm unsure as to whom to thank.

HuttoKarl 08-30-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan (Post 721782)
Ok, surprise, but from what I can determine looking at various TV guides on the web, KENS-TV (Channel 5) in San Antonio will be showing the opening game of the Texans vs. Chiefs. I've already sent them email thanking them for their decision, as I'll try to take the Elle approach and attract them with sweetness (As much as I prefer the big stick method). I will continue to keep an eye on this, and do my best to stay on top of this situation with proactive emails, etc. It is up to us to make sure they know they have an audience for these games.

You should tell KENS to contact KEYE in Austin and tell them to do the same thing. Lucky mugs!

FirstTexansFan 08-30-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSofA04 (Post 722008)
FTF that's great news!!!!! If you wouldn't mind giving me some email address to KENS, I wouldn't mind sending some thank you messages as well. I'm unsure as to whom to thank.

jreinagel@kens5.com

UvaldeTexan 09-02-2007 11:31 AM

Well I am really happy that KENS is showing the game here in SA...lets just hope that they dont abandon ship like they have in the past couple of years. I will also email KENS and thank them for showing the Texans game (even though it's what they should be doing in the first place).

BSofA04 09-04-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan (Post 722134)

Thanks, got the email sent out today.

bayshorebevo 09-04-2007 02:09 PM

Congrats SA

jaayteetx 09-04-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UvaldeTexan (Post 724469)
Well I am really happy that KENS is showing the game here in SA...lets just hope that they dont abandon ship like they have in the past couple of years. I will also email KENS and thank them for showing the Texans game (even though it's what they should be doing in the first place).

They won't have to abandon ship, because the Texans will win a lot more this year!

BSofA04 09-05-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 726026)
They won't have to abandon ship, because the Texans will win a lot more this year!

Hell yeah. That's what I told Joe Reinagel. I said for him not to sleep on them this year because they're not hoping to win, they're expecting it.