Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Trading LT (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41383)

PapaL 08-28-2007 03:34 PM

Trading LT

Long story short I missed my draft time. Luckily I had the first pick so I have LT on my team. Unfortunetly my starting QB is VY and backup Chad Pennington.

Here's the proposed trade:

LT and either VY or Pennington

for

Peyton Manning and Willis McGhee

What do you think?

texasguy346 08-28-2007 03:39 PM

Re: Trading LT

Don't do it. Look for a guy you can pick up on waivers or if nothing there look to shop for a lesser QB some other player you've got on your team.

Maybe look at grabbing Big Ben, Schaub, Kitna, Lossman, etc. They should come at a relatively cheap price. Maybe give up a wideout or something along with VY.

Specnatz 08-28-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 721081)
Long story short I missed my draft time. Luckily I had the first pick so I have LT on my team. Unfortunetly my starting QB is VY and backup Chad Pennington.

for

What do you think?

I would do it in a heart beat, perferr if it was Pennington. While Young is a highlight real and not great fantasy value persay, I have heard rumblings that penning might not start the whole year. his play in the PRESEASON was not steller.

swtbound07 08-28-2007 04:30 PM

there is no possible way to get enough value from LT to unload him.

real 08-28-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specnatz (Post 721087)
his play in the PRESEASON was not steller.

Pennington is known for having terrible pre-seasons.

mexican_texan 08-28-2007 04:42 PM

Trade for Jason Campbell. Take my word, he'll do great.

PapaL 08-28-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexican_texan (Post 721138)
Trade for Jason Campbell. Take my word, he'll do great.

I live in DC. I've heard great things about him HOWEVER he has not been up to speed on the playbook and with Portis and Betts in the backfield (with a first time starting QB) they will run the ball A LOT. He's a FA, but we have limited roster moves. This is a pay to play league.

Blazing Arrow 08-28-2007 05:09 PM

Most people who are not so jaded over Young would realize that having LT and Young will net more points then McGahee and Manning. LT alone will probably make up 3/4 of the points. Add to that a running QB who will get passing and rushing yards it would seem you are set.

Only thing to worry about is the curse .... which either LT or Young most likely have.

mexican_texan 08-28-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 721160)
I live in DC. I've heard great things about him HOWEVER he has not been up to speed on the playbook and with Portis and Betts in the backfield (with a first time starting QB) they will run the ball A LOT. He's a FA, but we have limited roster moves. This is a pay to play league.

I've heard he's been studying since the end of last season and was by far the most impressive player in Training Camp. Then again, I live in Houston, not DC.

Mr. White 08-28-2007 06:38 PM

No way I'd make this trade. Even if the Madden Curse hits Vince, you can still pick up a serviceable QB on the waiver wire.

VY has way too much upside and LT is the crown jewel of any fantasy team.

hollywood_texan 08-28-2007 06:42 PM

Depends on the scoring structure in your league.

IN my league, top-tier running backs are worth more than QBs in general.

If it was my league, I would keep LT and find a QB somewhere else that puts up decent numbers. They aren't that hard to find.

You have the top tier guy in the RB position. You can manage at the QB postion.

nfl-brit 08-28-2007 06:44 PM

Don't do it, mate!!

LT is fantasy gold, man. You'd come off worse in any trade. Surely you can get a workable, no-thrills QB off waivers?

swtbound07 08-30-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 721163)
Most people who are not so jaded over Young would realize that having LT and Young will net more points then McGahee and Manning. LT alone will probably make up 3/4 of the points. Add to that a running QB who will get passing and rushing yards it would seem you are set.

Only thing to worry about is the curse .... which either LT or Young most likely have.

this is exactly how i built my team in a dynasty league..we all get 10 keepers. My first 4 picks?

LT
VY
Jerious Norwood
Reggie Brown.

Im going to have to upgrade my recieving corp next year, but meh. I like my chances with that foundation. Geniuses in my league didn't realize that passing touchdowns count for only 4 points, rushing touchdowns 6. Add that to the fact that 10 rush yards=1 point, where as 25 passing yards=1 point....vy and LT will crush that league.

Mr teX 08-30-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

for

What do you think?

You're about to commit fantasy football suicide if you get rid of LT period.

Ryan 08-30-2007 05:42 PM

it would be alot cheaper and better to trade for someone like a roethlisberger who is probably someone's back up qb, but he could be a good fantasy starter. Maybe give away VY for Roethlisberger and maybe another running back to add depth.

Second Honeymoon 08-30-2007 06:15 PM

trading LT is a bad trade any way you look at it. Peyton is a luxury. Anyone that made Peyton a Top10 pick is really screwing up. He scores enough points to justify it but in most leagues RB are so much more valuable than a Peyton at QB. He is a luxury. A nice one but a luxury nonetheless. I got Bulger in the early 6th Round of my league and being patient with drafting a QB is going to pay off big.

I just hope Marshawn Lynch blows up because I kinda reached on him in the late 3rd Round. I think he may put some impressive numbers in Bill Country and once McGahee got picked one pick too early for me to choose him, I had to go with Lynch's upside over drafting a WR or a QB.

Vinny 09-03-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 722071)
You're about to commit fantasy football suicide if you get rid of LT period.

yep...the last guy I'd trade on any team would be LT.

TexansLucky13 09-03-2007 03:35 PM

Chad Pennington will be a stud this year. Mark it down.

Mr teX 09-04-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 (Post 725327)
Chad Pennington will be a stud this year. Mark it down.

Nope...

4Texans 09-06-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

What do you think?

I think, you don't trade LT.