Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   KEYE in Austin ALREADY messing with Texan fans (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41311)

DiehardChris 08-26-2007 07:27 PM

KEYE in Austin ALREADY messing with Texan fans

I just checked the schedule for Thursday, and KEYE in Austin is going to televise the Hillbillies to the North game instead of the Texans/Bucs game. This really infuriates me becaues the KEYE website actually says "KEYE 42 is the official home of Houston Texans preseason football." On the EXACT SAME PAGE, the site ALSO says "KEYE 42 is the official home of Dallas Cowboys preseason football."

Hey ***holes - YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!! Or should I say - you can't have it THREE ways, because we all know what's going to happen when Austinites start crying about wanting to see VY this season.

It really makes me angry that these jerks actually say they are the 'official' home of Texans preseason football, when they won't even show the freaking game on Thursday night. Instead - we get Hillibillies vs. Vikings??? GRRRRR!!!

jaayteetx 08-26-2007 07:41 PM

Re: KEYE in Austin ALREADY messing with Texan fans

Could be worse, you could be stuck in New Mexico and have to pay for the NFL package just so you can see regular season games. Preseason? Man, I'm glad when we play the cowboys, cause it means I get to watch my boys before the season starts.

V Man 08-26-2007 07:58 PM

Or you could be in San Antonio, where they don't act like they are going to show the Texans (cause they don't)

NitroGSXR 08-26-2007 08:06 PM

THIRD BASE THIS THURSDAY!

I just called and scheduled a babysitter for Cage. Me and Mary Jane will be there! Let's make this a large gathering so we can just scream our heads off and make our presence known in Austin. If we get a large gathering, then maybe we can let KEYE know that that's where the Houston Texans fans of Austin hang out and they'll send a noob over to film us like they do for other teams. It's been done!

HardcoreTexan 08-26-2007 10:00 PM

MAke 'em regret not showing the Texans :fans:

BigWig 08-27-2007 07:41 AM

Nitro, glad to see your showing however you wont see me yet. I cant do thursday night and really dont want to do the last preseason game.
I'll be there no doubt for the Chiefs game, and thats what we are gearing up for as far as I know.
KEYE had the game on but it was the Cowgirls announcers , but the NFL netwrok had another team thank god, becaue those homers never said one good thing about the Texans.

Texan_Bill 08-27-2007 09:31 AM

I remember a bunch of y'all writing the station last year with no results from KEYE... Maybe the approach should be going to the front office of the Texans and trying pressure that way. Maybe they are breaking regional rules??? It wouldn't hurt to at least write the Texans FO..

rollinstone18 08-27-2007 09:32 AM

Pre-season, meh.

But, just check their schedule and guess whose opener ISN'T going to be televised? OURS! They have Titans @ Jags. http://keyetv.com/programming
:wild:

So pissed off right now.

Kaiser Toro 08-27-2007 09:46 AM

What is sad is that the Titans game will most likely not feature VY, yet the official Texans station will not show the Texans game as we whittle down to 53. Incompetence and ignorance is abounding from KEYE's sports programming department.

Specnatz 08-27-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 720134)
I remember a bunch of y'all writing the station last year with no results from KEYE... Maybe the approach should be going to the front office of the Texans and trying pressure that way. Maybe they are breaking regional rules??? It wouldn't hurt to at least write the Texans FO..

I emialed the fan feedback a few times last year and the response was less than steller. The Texans marketing dept seriously needs an overhaul. They do nothing outside of the Houston Area.

Second Honeymoon 08-27-2007 09:56 AM

yeah, VY will probably play one possession and then sit on his keister. Austin was a great city to go to school at but their local stations are horrible.

OT - is KLBJ still around and independent? I had heard that radio station was bought by the evil empire, Clear Channel.

TD 08-27-2007 10:02 AM

This is nothing new. When I lived in Austin many years ago, the local NBC station (which carried the Oilers) had the Cowboys and Oilers rights for a particular Sunday. The Cowboys were awful while Houston was in the playoff hunt. The station did a telephone poll to decide which game to show which the Oilers won handily.

The station must not have liked the result, because a few weeks later when the situation came up again, they didn't ask, and, no big surprise, they showed the Cowboys.

The moral is, call all you want, the station will do whatever it wants. If you want action, contact the advertisers; they're the ones with the pull.

rockabilly 08-27-2007 10:35 AM

Are you serious that they are already not going to show the Texans opening day in Austin?

If so, looks like im switching to sattelite.

Hookem Horns 08-27-2007 10:37 AM

KEYE is NOT the official station of the Texans no matter what the hell they say. They opted for the Cowboys feed on Saturday and to my surprise/dismay they are showing the Titans vs Jags game on opening day. Normally they have waited for the Texans to stink it up for a few weeks before pulling the plug. Watch their sorry asses start back peddling when the Texans start showing they are clearly better than the Titans. Screw them. I traded in my Texans season tix for NFL Sunday Ticket this year so they can bite me.

Mr. White 08-27-2007 10:41 AM

We've been through it all. Calling the station...calling the advertisers...e-mailing the Texans. Nothing worked.

Nobody cares because the Texans don't bring ratings in Austin. The only way that they'll get respect in Austin is if they make the playoffs and the Titans totally tank.

We can count on seeing them twice a year on KEYE for sure.

rockabilly 08-27-2007 10:43 AM

Give me through the night. I am going to make a website directly aimed at KEYE. I am ending my cable service and switching to DirecTV.

Specnatz 08-27-2007 11:19 AM

I am about just fed up with this crap, but the cost from switching to DTV would be higher because of what I have, plus the bundle packages I have for internet and phone.

I am in a no win situation.

Can't get NFLN because they want to charge the cable company and they do not want to pay unless they can charge the customer who wants it versus paying for it and giving to everyone for free.

This is such a huge crock.

Hookem Horns 08-27-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockabilly (Post 720200)
Give me through the night. I am going to make a website directly aimed at KEYE. I am ending my cable service and switching to DirecTV.

Why do that, simply create a page about this and we can put it here. This website has great rankings and we would get a lot more exposure here.

rollinstone18 08-27-2007 11:37 AM

It'd be nice if the NFL had something like MLB gameday, where you could watch games on the computer. But Texas residents shouldn't have to resort to that or buying a satellite dish.

I sent my profanity laced e-mail to KEYE. Don't expect anything of it but it helped the anger. Somewhat.

gwallaia 08-27-2007 11:55 AM

I do not live in Austin.

I thought that the reason the tv station there shows Titan games is because ratings show that all the VY worshipers want to watch him and not the Texans. According to the station, there are more VY worshipers than Texan fans living in Austin.

ps. I am so thankful I do not live in Austin.