Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New #12 Jersey (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41217)

59hitshard 08-23-2007 09:10 PM

New #12 Jersey

I just ordered my new #12 Jones Jersey from NFL Shop. I sure hope he plays as well in the regular season as he has this pre-season. I hate to make a $230 investment on a rookie but I think there is something special about this guy. I just read Jacoby didn't start playing until his junior year of high school in New Orleans and was 5'7 150 pounds. He went to Southeastern LA Univ. on a track scholarship then on to Lane College for football. Wow now he is 6'2 220. Could he still be growing? Maybe by next year he will be 6'5 250 and running a 4.3 forty. Now that would be a hell of a third round Pick.

powerfuldragon 08-23-2007 09:15 PM

Re: New #12 Jersey

okay.

Brando 08-23-2007 09:17 PM

You might have wanted to wait until the regular season started to see if he switched to some # in the 80's. Not that far out of the question. You never know he might keep #12.

Cjeremy635 08-23-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 59hitshard (Post 717856)
I just ordered my new #12 Jones Jersey from NFL Shop. I sure hope he plays as well in the regular season as he has this pre-season. I hate to make a $230 investment on a rookie but I think there is something special about this guy. I just read Jacoby didn't start playing until his junior year of high school in New Orleans and was 5'7 150 pounds. He went to Southeastern LA Univ. on a track scholarship then on to Lane College for football. Wow now he is 6'2 220. Could he still be growing? Maybe by next year he will be 6'5 250 and running a 4.3 forty. Now that would be a hell of a third round Pick.

You could have spent $50 and got a Reebok jersey made with his name and #. Call me lame, I just can't see spending that kind of money on something unless it was a souveneir (sp) item such as an authentic game worn jersey that was autographed or something. But hey, to each his own I guess.

Speedy 08-23-2007 09:33 PM

If I'm spending that kind of money, which I have for a battle red, a liberty white and a steel blue jersey (only took me 4 1/2 years), I'm putting my own name and number on it.

Players come and go. I'll be a Texan forever.

michaelm 08-23-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 59hitshard (Post 717856)

Welcome to the boards, Jacoby... or NFL/Marketing guy here to pimp jerseys...

gwallaia 08-23-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M Shadows (Post 717861)
You might have wanted to wait until the regular season started to see if he switched to some # in the 80's. Not that far out of the question. You never know he might keep #12.

He could very well opt for a number in the 80's.

TexanSam 08-23-2007 11:20 PM

You guys just ruined his day.

It would be kinda funny if he changed his number

Ole Miss Texan 08-23-2007 11:20 PM

I too am going to buy a Jacoby jersey.

I like many look for specials and got a battle red mario jersey (replica) at academy for $29.99. I was about to order a liberty white replica jacoby jersey online but think I may wait untill they start carrying it in stock so its like $75.

Jacoby doesn't plan on switching his number either. That was one thing I was worried about as well. #12 is what he's sticking with.

Q: I'm too lazy to look up on google the past OROY winners. What positions have they generally been? QB and RB? I think WR may be kind of tough to win OROY although colston would prob. have won it if he didn't get injured last year.

I brag to all my friends that I predicted Demeco would win DROY. This was during preseason last year. I have this funny feeling that Jacoby is going to at least be in the hunt for OROY- I think he's a long shot for sure but I think he'll at least be in somewhat of the consideration...

kiwitexansfan 08-23-2007 11:49 PM

The last 20 OROY's were: 2 QB
3 WR
15 RB

So it isn't impossible, improbable but not impossible.

Bonus points to anyone who can guess the 3 WR who won it without looking it up.

swtbound07 08-24-2007 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 717939)
3 WR
15 RB

off the top of my head

anquan boldin
randy moss
marvin harrison?

but honestly i have no clue

HOU-TEX 08-24-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 717894)
He could very well opt for a number in the 80's.

I don't even think names and numbers have been turned into the NFL yet. IMO, the poster could very well be full of bullbutter.:)

Lucky 08-24-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Galloway (???)
Moss
Boldin

Double Barrel 08-24-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 717873)
If I'm spending that kind of money, which I have for a battle red, a liberty white and a steel blue jersey (only took me 4 1/2 years), I'm putting my own name and number on it.

Players come and go. I'll be a Texan forever.

I agree!! :texflag:

texasguy346 08-24-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

3 WR
15 RB

I'm going to guess it was Boldin, Moss, and Clayton from TB.

ledzeppelin229 08-24-2007 10:08 AM

Boldin and Moss sounds right...#3 my brain wants to say Keyshawn but thats a shot in the dark.

texasguy346 08-24-2007 10:13 AM

Just looked it up. Wow no one is going to guess number three.

Exithios 08-24-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 (Post 718045)
Boldin and Moss sounds right...#3 my brain wants to say Keyshawn but thats a shot in the dark.

I know for a fact Moss and Pickens were but I will follow the trend and say Boldin...

Hookem Horns 08-24-2007 10:29 AM

According to some sports radio talk show hosts here in Austin, if you are over 30 and still wearing jerseys you are "gay".

I'm 38 and must be "flaming" since I own several. Granted, I normally don't wear them out anywhere unless it's to a game or a sports bar to watch a game.

I also don't know how many men you will see walking down Montrose wearing jerseys so I didn't get the whole gay angle they were trying to spin on that. However, they spent a whole hour talking and taking calls on this subject. Surprisingly most agreed with them. Maybe I am just immature for my age.

Specnatz 08-24-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 718060)
According to some sports radio talk show hosts here in Austin, if you are over 30 and still wearing jerseys you are "gay".

I'm 38 and must be "flaming" since I own several. Granted, I normally don't wear them out anywhere unless it's to a game or a sports bar to watch a game.

I also don't know how many men you will see walking down Montrose wearing jerseys so I didn't get the whole gay angle they were trying to spin on that. However, they spent a whole hour talking and taking calls on this subject. Surprisingly most agreed with them. Maybe I am just immature for my age.

Sounds like you were listening to 790 between noon and 3. Please, they do screen callers. they did not want to look like idiots .................. errrr to late.