Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Fisher finds answers for Young's struggles against Patriots (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41078)

Brando 08-19-2007 11:06 AM

Fisher finds answers for Young's struggles against Patriots

Quote:

"I think it was the weather, the surface, people in his face. The approach the Patriots took defensively, which was a unique approach," Fisher said Saturday.
nfl.com

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...ure-081807.jpg

Wolf 08-19-2007 11:14 AM

Re: Fisher finds answers for Young's struggles against Patriots

whatever...all i know is defensive coaches are studying the film on Young right now on what the Patriots did to him.

I think young is going to be a good one, but right now overrated

Runner 08-19-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

"I think it was a combination of things the (wet) weather, the surface, people in his face," Fisher said Saturday. "The approach that the Patriots took defensively was a unique approach. They brought people (in pass rush) almost every down from different places, dropped different people out in coverage.

"We went out in this game with a very basic game plan. We had not put ourselves in position to try to take advantage of those things."
The bolded part is of interest too. Fisher will also be looking at the film.

Brando 08-19-2007 01:30 PM

http://www.gifninja.com/Workspace/4f...738/output.gif

TexanSam 08-19-2007 01:35 PM

The weather and the surface? Now I don't have much of a problem with Fisher blaming the game plan and such, but blaming the weather and surface is kind of lame.

Vinny 08-19-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 714091)
The weather and the surface? Now I don't have much of a problem with Fisher blaming the game plan and such, but blaming the weather and surface is kind of lame.

downpour...Brady had a pick too...it wasn't good game conditions for passing...but jump on VY while you can! He suxors@!

TexansLucky13 08-19-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 714093)
downpour...Brady had a pick too...it wasn't good game conditions for passing...but jump on VY while you can! He suxors@!

I envy your man-crush.

:splits:

Silver Oak 08-19-2007 01:50 PM

Kerry Collins didn't have those problems with the weather. Hmmmm...

Texans_Chick 08-19-2007 02:04 PM

You know, in watching that game, I almost wonder if the defense retaliated for the first Tom Brady sack.

Brady got sacked early in the game on a stunt by the Titans d-line. Took a really hard shot that led to an interception. A hard enough shot that you worried Brady might be hurt. And it put the Patriots down early in the game.

And then the can of whoopass came out by the Patriots D. Almost like, okay, you gonna do that to Brady, let's show you what we will do to your guy.

I haven't read anybody else saying that, but it is just my observation.

HoustonFrog 08-19-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 714093)

He had 2 picks and one was returned. It was a nasty game overall. I find it humorous that people are very obssessed with one man who did nothing wrong..lol

Second Honeymoon 08-19-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 714129)
You know, in watching that game, I almost wonder if the defense retaliated for the first Tom Brady sack.

Brady got sacked early in the game on a stunt by the Titans d-line. Took a really hard shot that led to an interception. A hard enough shot that you worried Brady might be hurt. And it put the Patriots down early in the game.

And then the can of whoopass came out by the Patriots D. Almost like, okay, you gonna do that to Brady, let's show you what we will do to your guy.

I got the same feeling. The level of aggressive hitting was definitely not your normal preseason variety. That hit by Rodney on VY was brilliant though. All shoulder and then lifted his forearm into VY's chin. Now THAT is the football that I grew up with. Harrison walks the line between clean and dirty play but anyone who wouldn't want that guy on their team is just crazy. He is a baller to this day. All this leading with the helmet stuff just gets you hurt. Keep your head up and look at where you are going to hit. I remember coaches always preaching that.

Brando 08-19-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 714129)
You know, in watching that game, I almost wonder if the defense retaliated for the first Tom Brady sack.Brady got sacked early in the game on a stunt by the Titans d-line. Took a really hard shot that led to an interception. A hard enough shot that you worried Brady might be hurt. And it put the Patriots down early in the game.

I had the same thoughts.

Brando 08-19-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon (Post 714135)
I got the same feeling. The level of aggressive hitting was definitely not your normal preseason variety. That hit by Rodney on VY was brilliant though. All shoulder and then lifted his forearm into VY's chin. Now THAT is the football that I grew up with. Harrison walks the line between clean and dirty play but anyone who wouldn't want that guy on their team is just crazy. He is a baller to this day. All this leading with the helmet stuff just gets you hurt. Keep your head up and look at where you are going to hit. I remember coaches always preaching that.

I would love to have Rodney Harrison on the Texans.
The Patriots are a better team with him out there. The Colts would have had a hard time defeating the Patriots in the AFC Championship if he was healthy.

kiwitexansfan 08-19-2007 05:25 PM

What I find weird is why the Patriots would throw complex defenses at VY in preseason.

If they saw him as a threat why not keep your powder dry till a game that counts, unless they are trying to get inside his head before the season starts.

Unless of course it was revenge based, which would surprise me, the Patriots organisation is to smart for petty revenge surely.

Second Honeymoon 08-19-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 714280)
What I find weird is why the Patriots would throw complex defenses at VY in preseason.

If they saw him as a threat why not keep your powder dry till a game that counts, unless they are trying to get inside his head before the season starts.

Unless of course it was revenge based, which would surprise me, the Patriots organisation is to smart for petty revenge surely.

I wouldn't put it past Belichik to be that petty. He is an ingrate and a pretty bad guy all in all. great coach but kinda a prick. just ask Bill and Mangini.

CloakNNNdagger 08-19-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 714280)

Maybe, he feels that showing their hand will make no difference later in the season, because VY and crew don't and won't have the tools to counteract.

TheDrifter 08-19-2007 07:34 PM

Lame laundry lists of excuses should be left to the Jags....

Just man up and play better next week and it'll all be quickly forgotten.