Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Vince Benched for Violation of Team Rules (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40750)

The Dude Abides 08-11-2007 06:21 PM

Vince Benched for Violation of Team Rules

Quote:

Titans quarterback Vince Young will not play in tonight's game against the Washington Redskins at LP Field after violating a team rule.
“He will be on the sidelines tonight, and will practice this week and play next weekend at New England,’’ Coach Jeff Fisher said.
Fisher would not reveal the rule Young violated. Veteran Kerry Collins will start for the Titans.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS01/70811011

It's the first pre-season game. This is just to get his attention and little more than a slap on the wrist

Hookem Horns 08-11-2007 06:47 PM

Re: Vince Benched for Violation of Team Rules

Let's hope he keeps setting this type of example as team leader.

Second Honeymoon 08-11-2007 06:58 PM

Obviously Fish is sending a message to VY and the rest of the Titans. He is the Anti-Jimmy Johnson because he makes all players follow the same rules. I am sure he was late to a meeting or possibly insubordinate to a coach.

It could also be an excuse to hold him out the game to prevent injury, but I doubt it. it smells like a genuine reprimand that will stay 'in house'.

2 minutes till Schaub begins a new era for the Texans!
GO TEXANS!!

Overalls 08-11-2007 07:07 PM

It is probable because vy is doing terrible in camp and they don't want to embarrass him by letting him look like a fool against a bad Redskins team.

Wolf 08-11-2007 07:41 PM

VY suspended for game

He didn't play, all NFL network said was he violated a team rule but was not specific on what it was

that is the game I get to see on dish ...yippee

Showtime100 08-11-2007 09:16 PM

Re: VY suspended for game

Does Vince own a dog?? :)

ChildressTitanMan 08-11-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 707114)
Does Vince own a dog?? :)

Yes,it's called Houston. :splits:

Silver Oak 08-11-2007 10:49 PM

quite frankly, with all of the turds they have on that team, I didn't think there were any rules at all!

gwallaia 08-12-2007 12:42 AM

........ and the Madden Curse begins.:dancing:

Hookem Horns 08-12-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 707303)
........ and the Madden Curse begins.:dancing:

LOL, I didn't think about that.

I am watching the game now on DVR. The Titans look like total crap. VY is going to have to be Superman for these guys to have any shot at being competitive.

TexansMVP 08-12-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Titans quarterback Vince Young will not play in tonight's game against the Washington Redskins at LP Field after violating a team rule.

Young violated curfew by spending a night at home instead of the hotel where the team stays during training camp.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../70811011/1027

Wolf 08-12-2007 01:21 AM

titans-redskins game was a snoozer, I didn't make it past the 1st quarter.

my thoughts on holding him out (figured the team rules thing was kinda a joke) ...i figured Fisher knows he is the guy so he wanted to see what the other players had in them

Silver Oak 08-12-2007 11:29 AM

methinks there is more to this story than meets the eye.

the entire team knows they are staying at the hotel overnight, and only Wunderlich decides to sleep in his own bed?

Vinny 08-12-2007 11:30 AM

I'm a big VY fan....but he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

CloakNNNdagger 08-12-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 707468)
I'm a big VY fan....but he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

It's just an attention getter.........even his team mates are on record saying that if this were the real season, the rule would have been overlooked.

This isn't a rule he wouldn't have known about. The rule states that all players with less than four years' experience are required to stay at the hotel. All you need to know is how to count to "four." I keep remembering VY's first comeradeship on the Titans was with Pacman at a club.........Maybe the Wonderlic isn't all that useless.

brakos82 08-12-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan (Post 707140)
Yes,it's called Houston. :splits:

Don't bring Whitney into this... :bat:

Those 610 commercials... :ouch:

Wolf 08-12-2007 06:31 PM

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=28033

wow talk about rollercoasters

aj. 08-12-2007 07:45 PM

Not sure what a few reps in the first quarter of a preseason game will get you - except maybe injured - when your game is mostly improv anyway.

I hope she was worth it.

nunusguy 08-13-2007 09:46 AM

I dunno, but I thought right away that VY got a free-pass re the little right hook he thru at his teammate who took-down VYs WR in the Titans practice.
Instead his fans raved about him having his receivers back and being a leader.
Now we got this and I'm wondering if VY isn't having trouble coping with the size of his ego, his celebrity status and expectations of treatment by a different standard ?

Overalls 08-13-2007 12:06 PM

Don't let VY's act of being stupid fool you. He controls the world with his mind.