Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   deadspin.com titan preview (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40675)

Silver Oak 08-09-2007 04:11 PM

deadspin.com titan preview

there's a couple of vulgarities used in this preview. if you are easily offended, please do not read further.

http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl-seaso...ans-286809.php

Quote:

Lost amidst the Vince Young hoopla last year was the fact that, outside of Young, the Tennessee Titans stunk worse than Chris Berman's ball sack at the end of NFL Primetime.

The top-three playmakers were Drew Bennett at one wide receiver, Bobby Wade at the other wide receiver and Travis Henry at running back. So impressed were the Titans with this triumvirate's performance that they let all three players leave via free agency. Despite having ample free agency money. Meaning Vince Young is officially weaponless and will have as much difficulty making plays as a pederast at a nursing home bingo game. So instead of worrying about unimportant parts of football like the entire defense, here's a breakdown of the Titans top offensive weapons by position.

Texans_Chick 08-09-2007 04:26 PM

Re: deadspin.com titan preview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Oak (Post 705710)
there's a couple of vulgarities used in this preview. if you are easily offended, please do not read further.

http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl-seaso...ans-286809.php

Goodness that was funny.

The part about LenDale was particularly funny.

Errant Hothy 08-09-2007 04:57 PM

Loved the breakdown of the WR corps, too funny.

Overalls 08-10-2007 06:53 AM

I wish I could access the Titans board at work and post this.

Silver Oak 08-10-2007 07:13 AM

I can, and I would, but it seems to me that Yvette has had Aunt Flo visiting her for the last few weeks and I would probably get the boot. I don't want that to happen until I get to crow on their MB about winning our first game with them here at Reliant. :doot:

swtbound07 08-10-2007 10:21 AM

david givens dogfighting line was top shelf. Nice job deadspin.

Overalls 08-10-2007 09:31 PM

Well I have been banned on Titansonline, but still am allowed on GoTitans so I felt like it was my duty to enlighten them a little.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/show...325#post309325

Blazing Arrow 08-10-2007 10:52 PM

You make yourself look dumb posting links to poorly witen articles that try for a punchline more then actually convaying football information.

The guy calls L-Dub fat but he is reporting at a lower weight then he played in the Rose Bowl. I guess facts make those really "funny" line worthless. Not like the guy who wrote this would have any idea what a "fact" is.

Crow in this guy will be delicious at the end of the season ....

Specnatz 08-10-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 706430)
You make yourself look dumb posting links to poorly witen articles that try for a punchline more then actually convaying football information.

The guy calls L-Dub fat but he is reporting at a lower weight then he played in the Rose Bowl. I guess facts make those really "funny" line worthless. Not like the guy who wrote this would have any idea what a "fact" is.

Crow in this guy will be delicious at the end of the season ....

WOW who pissed in your cheerios? I guess they dont teach satire where you went to school. It was funny and if you can not laugh at it then you will be in for a real long season.

Blazing Arrow 08-10-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specnatz (Post 706432)
WOW who pissed in your cheerios? I guess they dont teach satire where you went to school. It was funny and if you can not laugh at it then you will be in for a real long season.

Don't get me wrong I got the humor it just could have focused on more recent events. The fight could have been used pretty well. Why not take a shot at Pacman and his crazyness.

It just did not have any flavor IMO. It is like they used last years material or something and threw in a couple WR jokes.

Specnatz 08-11-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 706454)
Don't get me wrong I got the humor it just could have focused on more recent events. The fight could have been used pretty well. Why not take a shot at Pacman and his crazyness.

It just did not have any flavor IMO. It is like they used last years material or something and threw in a couple WR jokes.

I think they used material from before training camp or even OTAs. He did preface it with they had to write it early cause of so many to write abuot.

I just consider the source and go from there. Most sites like that are a month or 4 behind the curve.

:specnatz:

Overalls 08-11-2007 07:30 AM

He did mention as a recent addition, that their #1 WR is Texans caste off Eric Molds.

Silver Oak 08-11-2007 02:17 PM

Don't recall reading when something so obviously got to you before BA.

Truth is painful huh?

:texflag:

Blazing Arrow 08-11-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Oak (Post 706699)
Don't recall reading when something so obviously got to you before BA.

Truth is painful huh?

:texflag:

I guess I am ready for some football?

JohnsonFan 08-14-2007 10:27 PM

"Lost amidst the Vince Young hoopla last year was the fact that, outside of Young, the Tennessee Titans stunk worse than Chris Berman's ball sack at the end of NFL Primetime.

The top-three playmakers were Drew Bennett at one wide receiver, Bobby Wade at the other wide receiver and Travis Henry at running back. So impressed were the Titans with this triumvirate's performance that they let all three players leave via free agency. Despite having ample free agency money. Meaning Vince Young is officially weaponless and will have as much difficulty making plays as a pederast at a nursing home bingo game. So instead of worrying about unimportant parts of football like the entire defense, here's a breakdown of the Titans top offensive weapons by position."

hahaha we all already knew that though

ChildressTitanMan 08-15-2007 07:30 AM

Keep thinking that buddy.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r.../elmerbutt.jpg

Texan_Bill 08-15-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan (Post 709590)

*shakes head*

Titans are the inbread children of Uranus

Overalls 08-15-2007 12:06 PM

[quote=JohnsonFan;709488
hahaha we all already knew that though[/QUOTE]

TENNhead logic is that those players were trash and not good enough to keep so they are going to start the the players who could not beat them out as strarters and go to the playoffs.:splits: