Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Watch Party Vote (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40473)

Yankee_In_TX 08-03-2007 10:04 AM

Watch Party Vote

I KNOW I just had a sticky put up, but I found a new bar last night. Please vote. (it is literally 1 block away from Pub Fiction)

Pub:
Plus: proven food and drink specials
Minus: Cannot accomodate us really other than noon Sunday games; secondary TV's are kinda' small
Parking: pay valet, plenty of Sunday noon parking

Coaches Pub:
Plus: management is willing to work with us to ensure the games are on, seating, etc., all the TV's are pretty big
Minus: menu is small, management has assured me it will expand when football starts; no web site, current Sunday special is $1.50 drafts (and some other stuff), management said they'll likely have some kind of Texans game day special as well
Parking: strip mall parking lot, free valet may be brought in if the lot starts filling

hobie 08-03-2007 10:37 AM

Re: Watch Party Vote

Coaches and Pub are both good places..Why not switch back and forth, support both local business..always good to have good standings at multiple places...

Yankee_In_TX 08-03-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobie (Post 701908)
Coaches and Pub are both good places..Why not switch back and forth, support both local business..always good to have good standings at multiple places...

Consistency. Both for the fan's sake and the bar's sake. I'm leaning towards Coaches, personally. I love Pub and am friends with most of the staff (and they used to pay our rent), and they're always accommodating. But their ability to accommodate us is limited by the fact their primary business is being a midtown bar/lounge, not as a sports bar.

I think Coaches needs the business a bit more, and would be willing to let us bring in a P/A, a board for squares, etc. (not that Pub has ever said no, but I'd feel weird asking, it's not that kind of place, lol).

Should we get a big enough regular crowd (big if), I can bring the OSU Club PA system, should we start doing squares, trivia, half time games, etc. (that would require prize donations).

[tried to edit the poll to add a "both" option, don't think I can]

BullPenPhotos 08-03-2007 10:56 AM

I know Pub Fiction has this site... Pub Fiction
But do know if Coaches Pub has one? The only one I can find is for the Coaches Bar up on the NW side...

Yankee_In_TX 08-03-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos (Post 701927)
I know Pub Fiction has this site... Pub Fiction
But do know if Coaches Pub has one? The only one I can find is for the Coaches Bar up on the NW side...

Coaches does NOT. Same owner as the Dog House Tavern, some of the same bar staff.

Texan_Bill 08-03-2007 11:03 AM

Y'all figure it out and I will be there (most of the time anyway)... BUT, my only request is hot waitresses... Pub Fiction was good for that.

Yankee_In_TX 08-03-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 701936)
Y'all figure it out and I will be there (most of the time anyway)... BUT, my only request is hot waitresses... Pub Fiction was good for that.

You know I LOVE Pub Fiction, so if I am suggesting Coaches it must be a pretty ideal location. But I'll work it out where ever those who plan on attending would rather go.

Texan_Bill 08-03-2007 11:38 AM

The only issue I have with Coaches, is that for me, the drive it might as well be Tobins again. Okay, maybe not quite that far, but......

Downtown is about as central as you can get...

BullPenPhotos 08-03-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 701979)
The only issue I have with Coaches, is that for me, the drive it might as well be Tobins again. Okay, maybe not quite that far, but......

Downtown is about as central as you can get...

Hey I like Tobins...It is only about 3 miles from the house...I can drive home with my eyes closed...
Not that I have ever done that... :toast2: :shots: :drunk:

TEXANSTAILGATER 08-03-2007 11:56 AM

Tobin's? Isn't that on 529 or W Little York? I know I have seen it while out working.

Yankee_In_TX 08-03-2007 11:58 AM

Coaches is 1 block away from Pub Fiction. It is called Coaches Pub (I think) and is not listed any where online yet.

I am NOT referring to the "Coaches Sports Bar and Grill" on 290 past 8.

You can stand in the parking lot and look at Pub.

Next door to this addy:

2204 Louisiana St
Houston, TX 77002

Texan_Bill 08-03-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos (Post 701993)
Hey I like Tobins...It is only about 3 miles from the house...I can drive home with my eyes closed...
Not that I have ever done that... :toast2: :shots: :drunk:

Right....

I never had a problem with Tobin's itself. They treated us well... The drive there wasn't so bad, but dang, that made for one long drive home.

Texan_Lee 08-03-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANSTAILGATER (Post 702004)
Tobin's? Isn't that on 529 or W Little York? I know I have seen it while out working.

Tobin's is on Jones Rd, about 1 1/2 miles north of 1960...

Texan_Lee 08-03-2007 12:36 PM

As for the location, it will probably depend on how I'm feeling that day... if I'm willing to drive in to Downtown or just stay close by the house...

But the scenery would also have a BIG influence on that decision as well...

Texan_Bill 08-03-2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Lee (Post 702053)
As for the location, it will probably depend on how I'm feeling that day... if I'm willing to drive in to Downtown or just stay close by the house...

But the scenery would also have a BIG influence on that decision as well...

Pub Fiction is great for "scenery"....

:heart:

bpe3 08-03-2007 01:35 PM

Pub Fiction is 10x better than coaches. Don't like to valet? Park on the street. There's LOTS of free street parking around. Pub is the only way to go.

bpe3

Yankee_In_TX 08-03-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpe3 (Post 702088)
Pub Fiction is 10x better than coaches. Don't like to valet? Park on the street. There's LOTS of free street parking around. Pub is the only way to go.

bpe3

I just see 4 games on the schedule that we won't be able to watch at Pub. (though 2 are preseason). I'd also like to get more of a "watch party" going and at IMHO Pub we're rather limited to "group of fans watching the game."

I'll go with the poll vote.

I am not sure about the attractiveness of Coaches' waitstaff.

Texan_Bill 08-03-2007 02:06 PM

Sounds like some research is required..... :hmmm:

Yankee_In_TX 08-03-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 702129)
Sounds like some research is required..... :hmmm:

So go check it out this weekend :-P Just picture us in there, guaranteed to have every game on, probably reserved seating, and otherwise free reign of the place. We could invite the twins back and reinstitute half time games.

Texan_Bill 08-03-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 702136)
So go check it out this weekend :-P Just picture us in there, guaranteed to have every game on, probably reserved seating, and otherwise free reign of the place. We could invite the twins back and reinstitute half time games.

Going fishing this weekend. Maybe next week..

Ahhhhhh, twins.