Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Gridiron, TX?!? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40367)

Yankee_In_TX 07-30-2007 09:19 PM

Gridiron, TX?!?

Anyone seen this crap? The new, best, loudest seats in the stadium? Are you TRYING to insult the Bullpen to sell some more 500 and 600 level season tickets?!?!

Andrew6 07-30-2007 09:25 PM

Re: Gridiron, TX?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 699727)
Anyone seen this crap? The new, best, loudest seats in the stadium? Are you TRYING to insult the Bullpen to sell some more 500 and 600 level season tickets?!?!

In a nutshell

dskillz 07-30-2007 09:26 PM

500+ level holds close to 30k of the seats in the stadium (last time I checked that is more than the Bullpen), they are the level where most of the seats available are, so that is what they are going to advertise? Would you rather them advertise Bullpen tickets, even though they can't sale any of them? That would make alot of sense.

I swear alot of the Bullpen is so f'n elitist that it is annoying. You act like if you aren't in the Bullpen, you ain't nothing. I thought this board was for all fans, if not someone let me know.

Just by mentioning another area of seats in the ads is some kind of insult? What kind of crazy assed elitist talk is that?

Yankee_In_TX 07-30-2007 09:50 PM

I'm not insulting people in 500 and 600, but rather marketing it as "the loudest place in Reliant stadium." I just don't think that's true. People in other areas of the stadium are always telling stories about how their neighbors get annoyed at their cheering, or the people behind them yell at them to sit down. How is that the "loudest place in Reliant?"

IMO, the Bullpen is about the only place where the majority of the fans stand, wave, and yell the entire game. And you don't have to worry about getitng yelled at, because they're in the minority. That, to me, is the loudest place in the stadium. That'sm why I sit there. Not for the view, you can only see plays on your end, and for me personally I have to duck below a goalpost to see. But I sit there because it's loud.

It's like marketing the Director's club as the most lavish seats in the stadium (I still can't picture where these seats are) - the most lavish suites are in Mr. McNair's suite, the Brazos suite, and the other one (can't remmeber the name).

Call me elitest if you must....

On another note, nopt sure where the band is going to play during half time? One of the endzones?

Speedy 07-30-2007 10:41 PM

I don't have a problem with the Bullpen being the Bullpen. The individual fan in the Bullpen may be another thing, but as for what the Texans wanted the Bullpen to be, I'm all for.

Sad to say that from my view of the Bullpen for the first 4 years I sat directly over it, it has more of the opposing teams fans in it than any place in the stadium. Now I understand that that is probably because of the level of play and that the season ticket holders there probably sold their tickets....maybe. If so...well...I've never missed a game up in my 500 perch. So in that sense, it's not working as far as what the idea was supposed to be.

Now, those who are down there every game, stand the whole game, and do the things that the Bullpen was supposed to be about, more power to you. Hell, I wish the whole stadium had the passion you guys and gals have. I want the Bullpen to get big, known nationally, rank up their with the Dawg Pound and the Black Hole, but with much classier fans, of course. It hasn't happened yet.

We'll see what happens when the Texans become a winning football team, but I can guarantee that when that happens, you won't find any section of that stadium any louder than the other.

Well, not including the socialites in the club section.:hides:

Yankee_In_TX 07-30-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 699771)

Well, not including the socialites in the club section.:hides:

Isn't my yacht more important than the Texans? Sadly, the Bullpen had as many empty seats/Ebayed tickets as the rest of the stadium last year. Hopefully winning will help fill the entire stadium with TEXANS fans.

dskillz 07-30-2007 11:23 PM

It's advertising, is Budweiser the most refreshing beverage on the planet? Are any slogans or claims totally true in advertising? I work in advertising and I know that is not true. Not sure why anyone would get offended because of the Texans advertising for seats in the stadium.

I just thought your post reeked of, "How dare the Texans advertise another section besides the Bullpen," and frankly that is the kind of talk that creates the atmosphere of division that I have felt at times here and with fans in general. I am glad the Texans are now making everyone feel welcome by giving attention and a nickname to us upstars. They are even doing promotional events upstairs for us this year. I think it's great you have your Bullpen and reasons for being there, but I my own valid reasons for being up there.

The main thing is, they are selling tickets where they are available. They are going to make them sound like the most desirable seats. In my opinion, pretty much everything they said was mostly true. Best view of the action and loudest area (when you have 30k people, yes it is the loudest section). For the first 3 seasons, the Texans ignored the 500-600-700 levels. The only thing you heard in all advertising was Bullpen, Bullpen, Bullpen and more Bullpen. It frankly made everyone else feel like we weren't appreciated and not exactly important to the team. So your post kind of irritated that same sore that the Texans are trying hard to heal.

hobie 07-31-2007 09:19 AM

It frankly made everyone else feel like we weren't appreciated and not exactly important to the team. So your post kind of irritated that same sore that the Texans are trying hard to heal............

Dskillz...I sit in sec. 547... Half way up, and I look right down the middle of the goalposts and have a sweet view. The fans in my section are very passionate and very loud. I have never felt as if the Texans organization has treated us like 2nd class ticket holders, EVER ! My seats are excellent, the fans around us are passionate, and if you felt as if Yankee was being elitest, well that is your thought, as I would not trade my seats for any in the bullpen, and thats no slight on those fans...As Yankee said, he can only see whats going on down at his end, I see the entire field, coming and going, holes opening and closing, routes being ran, plays being covered...

So I feel bad for you if you think that the Bullpen fans are sounding like they are elite, as you should not care how they feel. And to allow some printed words that you took out of context to get you in a lather, relax my friend, the season is close upon us....

Joe Texan 07-31-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

I swear alot of the Bullpen is so f'n elitist that it is annoying. You act like if you aren't in the Bullpen, you ain't nothing. I thought this board was for all fans, if not someone let me know.
It is for everyone, you see we let you in didn't we.
lighten up francis, you might ruffle someones Big Toe

Quote:

is Budweiser the most refreshing beverage on the planet
that statement should end with an exclamation point ! and a Hell yea

I will point out that Budweiser and Bud light are the official sponsors of the Houston Texans

hobie 07-31-2007 10:05 AM

I will point out that Budweiser and Bud light are the official sponsors of the Houston Texans

Hey Joe, so is Miller Lite....:toast2:

Personally, who ever hands me an Ice Cold Beer, regardless of brand, I will drink it..Well as long as it's not a Corona....

Kaiser Toro 07-31-2007 10:20 AM

This is a funny thread. I am going to give my tickets to a Titans fan. :neener:

Yankee_In_TX 07-31-2007 10:20 AM

Mmmmmmmmmm.....Beer......

http://www.winostuff.com/BeerStuff/Images/homer2.gif

Double Barrel 07-31-2007 12:16 PM

Back in 2002, we were given some 2nd row seats on the 20 yard line (against the Bengals where we got blown out).

Anyway, the noise in the stadium comes from both endzones, which was clearly evident when I sit down low in the middle. And not just the bottom sections of the endzones, but the entire endzones from top to bottom.

Up in 547, we scream our heads off when the defense is on the field, and have NEVER been told to be quiet or sit down. Three crazy dudes in Texans hardhats are probably not the guys that you want to tell to be quiet during a football game anyway. We don't drink, so we won't be rude about it, but your request will go unfulfilled.

I can't say who is the craziest or loudest fans or sections, because in reality, it doesn't matter and it would be purely a subjective opinion. All I know is that Reliant has the capacity to be extremely loud when the fans are in a game, and this is all that really matters to me. We just try to be section cheer leaders who whip up those around us into a frenzy. It's been tough the last couple of years, but we have hope that better times are ahead and H-town can reclaim it's notoriety as one of football's loudest cities.

With regards to the Bull Pen, we are brothers in arms, and we are all Texans!

LOUD, PROUD, & TEXAN!! :fans: :texflag: :redtowel:

hobie 07-31-2007 12:25 PM

Up in 547, we scream our heads off when the defense is on the field, and have NEVER been told to be quiet or sit down. Three crazy dudes in Texans hardhats are probably not the guys that you want to tell to be quiet during a football game anyway. We don't drink, so we won't be rude about it, but your request will go unfulfilled

The reason the others around you NEVER tell you to sit down or to be quiet has nothing to do with your hardhats DB, it's those pink lacey ballerina outfits you are wearing that keeps them quiet....:shades:

Double Barrel 07-31-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobie (Post 700024)
The reason the others around you NEVER tell you to sit down or to be quiet has nothing to do with your hardhats DB, it's those pink lacey ballerina outfits you are wearing that keeps them quiet....:shades:

We couldn't let you be the only Texans princess in 547! :wild: :fans:

Yankee_In_TX 07-31-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 700032)
We couldn't let you be the only Texans princess in 547! :wild: :fans:

Oh, SNAP
http://z.about.com/d/tvcomedies/1/0/...y_darville.jpg

hobie 07-31-2007 12:40 PM

We couldn't let you be the only Texans princess in 547!

That is absolutely hilarious, I never knew you noticed me !!

dskillz 07-31-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobie (Post 700024)
Up in 547, we scream our heads off when the defense is on the field, and have NEVER been told to be quiet or sit down. Three crazy dudes in Texans hardhats are probably not the guys that you want to tell to be quiet during a football game anyway. We don't drink, so we won't be rude about it, but your request will go unfulfilled

I sit in 611 and never have I seen anyone tell people to sit down or anything. The only time I heard anything like that was when some guys were drunk as a skunk and using the kind of language that was not appropriate. Other than that incident, people stand, make noise, etc. Actually there is a 63 year-old lady next to me that cheers or boos every single play. It is quite the display of enthusiasm that gets pretty much everyone else invloved as well.

dskillz 07-31-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 700011)
I can't say who is the craziest or loudest fans or sections, because in reality, it doesn't matter and it would be purely a subjective opinion. All I know is that Reliant has the capacity to be extremely loud when the fans are in a game, and this is all that really matters to me. We just try to be section cheer leaders who whip up those around us into a frenzy. It's been tough the last couple of years, but we have hope that better times are ahead and H-town can reclaim it's notoriety as one of football's loudest cities.

With regards to the Bull Pen, we are brothers in arms, and we are all Texans!

LOUD, PROUD, & TEXAN!! :fans: :texflag: :redtowel:

That was basically my point with my post. I feel like we are all fans, regardless where we are sitting in the Bullpen, Gridiron, the new 'Society Pods', wherever.

texanmojo 07-31-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Texan (Post 699901)

Not at Texan Mojo...and if I recall, the lots are now the 'Miller Lite' lots. Maybe you should change the beer you drink...since you will be tailgating on the land of Miller Lite!!!! :stirpot:

Frankly I could care less where anyone sits...as long as they root for the home team and they are loud.