Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Ever been to the Omelettry? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39363)

V Man 06-20-2007 06:22 PM

Ever been to the Omelettry?

This past Father's day, my family and I were staying at my sister's place in Austin. And for breakfast, we went to the Omelettry. Man I love that place, have any of my fellow Texan fans from Austin ever been there. It is on Burnet Road,

Lucky 06-20-2007 06:35 PM

Re: Ever been to the Omelettry?

I went to brunch at the Omelettry on a regular basis when I lived in Austin. I loved the chili con queso omelette. Their coffee was better than Starbuck's. I wish there was a place like that in my neighborhood here in Houston. :(

Kaiser Toro 06-20-2007 06:45 PM

Oh yes Brutha. Four lefts and a right and I am there, or 5.1 miles.

V Man 06-20-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 683038)
I went to brunch at the Omelettry on a regular basis when I lived in Austin. I loved the chili con queso omelette. Their coffee was better than Starbuck's. I wish there was a place like that in my neighborhood here in Houston. :(

I have not tried that one yet, I will next time though. And their coffee is pretty good as well.

V Man 06-20-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 683044)

Man I am jealous, but since I usually have to be rolled out of the there (love their pancakes) it is probably a good thing I am not that close.

michaelm 06-20-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 683044)

Couldn't you cut out the four lefts and just make the one right? That'd be the same, wouldn't it? j/k

2BCF 06-20-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 683038)

Man that sounds good.

BigWig 06-21-2007 07:53 AM

In the voice of Homer Simpson:
" MMMMMMMM Paaaaaannnnncakes!
"MMMMMMM Ommletry!
Totally awesome place, just another example of old Austin which is still cool place to live.
I think it was also in a movie recently, cant remember which one.

BeerTastesLikeVictory 06-21-2007 08:23 AM

Why did no one tell me of this place when I was living in the area? I'm a fat guy so I should have a sixth sense over this type of stuff, but this must have slipped off the radar.

Texan_Bill 06-21-2007 09:05 AM

We've got IHOP in H-town..... :splits:

:sarcasm: