Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans Inside MiniCamp NFL Channel (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39157)

WaywardTexanFan 06-09-2007 09:00 PM

Texans Inside MiniCamp NFL Channel

The Texans will be featured on "Inside Mini-camp" on Jun 12th at 8pm EST on the NFL Network.

Brando 06-09-2007 09:28 PM

Re: Texans Inside MiniCamp NFL Channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaywardTexanFan (Post 678492)
The Texans will be featured on "Inside Mini-camp" on Jun 12th at 8pm EST on the NFL Network.

Thanks for the heads up, it's been a busy couple of days for me!

Thanks again.:cool:

ccdude730 06-09-2007 10:03 PM

what is this nfl network you speak of?

signed,
time warner cable customer

Pantherstang84 06-09-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccdude730 (Post 678509)
what is this nfl network you speak of?

signed,
time warner cable customer

It is a beautiful thing.

signed,

Dish Network Customer

Silver Oak 06-10-2007 07:26 AM

thanks for the heads up Wayward on the mini camp show. I've been wondering when our turn was coming.

maybe there will be some good video of our draft picks and the 7 on 7 drills watching Schaub should be good to watch as well.

alphajoker 06-10-2007 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 (Post 678511)
It is a beautiful thing.

signed,

Dish Network Customer

Indeed it is!:heart:

Shaft75 06-10-2007 12:31 PM

The team looks great in HD.

Signed,
DirecTV customer

PapaL 06-10-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaft75 (Post 678582)

Signed,
DirecTV customer

Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.

Yes it does!

Yankee_In_TX 06-10-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaft75 (Post 678582)

Signed,
DirecTV customer

Speaking of which, now that I have HD.... How many Texans games were in HD last year? ANy word on this year?

TEXANS84 06-10-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 678644)
Speaking of which, now that I have HD.... How many Texans games were in HD last year? ANy word on this year?

Week by week decision.

The maps I post on Thursday's from gribblenation show which networks are picking the games for HD.

disaacks3 06-11-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 678644)

Via broadcast, I remember at least two.

NitroGSXR 06-11-2007 02:25 AM

I have a HD tv myself but I can barely tell the difference when it comes to a football game. Seriously, I don't get the hype among it. Maybe I'm not setting it up correctly or whatsoever. Yes, the screen is slightly better but I'm just fine with watching my game via the coaxil cable from the cable provoider. I mean, it's football. I'm a HUGE fan don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to say that I probably never noticed it being in HD and when it wasn't last season. Those two games that someone above mentioned, I probably never noticed that they were in high definition. I was probably too busy screaming at David Carr or at our secondary to even notice. Am I missing something here? It's a genuine question.

BigWig 06-11-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroHonda (Post 678833)
I have a HD tv myself but I can barely tell the difference when it comes to a football game. Seriously, I don't get the hype among it. Maybe I'm not setting it up correctly or whatsoever. Yes, the screen is slightly better but I'm just fine with watching my game via the coaxil cable from the cable provoider. I mean, it's football. I'm a HUGE fan don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to say that I probably never noticed it being in HD and when it wasn't last season. Those two games that someone above mentioned, I probably never noticed that they were in high definition. I was probably too busy screaming at David Carr or at our secondary to even notice. Am I missing something here? It's a genuine question.

Are you getting the HD programming? That would be my first question, then if you are I would also say you need to check how you have it all setup, it definitely has a difference, and analog just doesnt look right on an HDTV anyway, reall grainy if ya know what I mean!:user:

WaywardTexanFan 06-12-2007 07:05 PM

Texans Inside MiniCamp on the NFL Channel is on now. Looking for opinions after the segment airs.:texflag:

nunusguy 06-12-2007 09:26 PM

I am not familiar with NFL-Network analyst Jamie Dukes, but I was very impressed with him.
(A) He didn't bad-mouth the Texans, but did question if they had enough to be there - a playoff candidate I took that to mean. Certainly a fair question.
(B) complimented Rick Smith for the Schaub deal and pointed out the Texans only have 'bout 8-9 mil guaranteed money in Schaub. So if he doesn't work out, its not a huge investment. Good point IMO. But he thinks the Schaub pickup was a good move as it was time for Carr to move on.
(C) Seemed to think that Akoye was an excellent prospect
(D) Was not at all impressed with Marios rookie year and clearly thinks he was a mistake as when asked who he reminds him of he said Courtney Brown. Ouch ! Says he just doesn't think Mario has the quickness of Julius Peppers and is just a big, strong DE. Says he's got to hit double digit sacks this year.
(E) Because of the invetments in the DLine, he said they have to step up and be productive this year.
I enjoyed seeing the team for the first time in '07 - got me pretty excited for the upcoming season.

alphajoker 06-12-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunusguy (Post 679799)
(D) Was not at all impressed with Marios rookie year and clearly thinks he was a mistake as when asked who he reminds him of he said Courtney Brown. Ouch ! Says he just doesn't think Mario has the quickness of Julius Peppers and is just a big, strong DE. Says he's got to hit double digit sacks this year

His assessment of Mario's lack of quickness is contributed to the fact of his plantar fiscitis IMO. I liked what he did say about the Texans but I think he forgot that Mario played with that injury most of the season. He should be fine this year, and then he will see how quick he really is. :texflag:

real 06-12-2007 10:34 PM

I'm familar with Jamie Dukes, and he's a joke...

the wonger need food 06-13-2007 05:53 AM

Jamie Dukes is a troll.

Anyone notice how Rick Smith made a point to mention that he got here after the draft last year, when talking about Mario?

aj. 06-13-2007 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunusguy (Post 679799)
Says he just doesn't think Mario has the quickness of Julius Peppers and is just a big, strong DE.

This is a correct assessment - the Mario to Peppers comparisons are totally off base (have been since last year) as they are quite different players.

Even a totally healthy Mario isn't anywhere as quick and explosive as Peppers. Mario is thicker in the trunk and is more of a power DE. He has good pursuit speed to the play but does not have anywhere near the cat quick explosiveness of Peppers. Few DEs do.

I heard some fairly interesting info yesterday about how Coach Karm was the one who lobbied extremely hard for Mario just before last year's drarft. all in the context of "I've been coaching in this league for 30 years and you're going to miss out on the next Bruce Smith if you don't pick him." Hadn't heard that before and I always wondered where the Mario energy came from internally. I knew it didn't come from Kubiak, Calhoun or Sherman. I suspected Richard Smith.

I'm not expecting Mario to be a 'great' player and I doubt he will ever live up to high first round, much less #1 overall expectations. He's a good DE who at times has shown he can be distruptive but he's streaky and can disappear for long stretches -- foot considered. If he can't dominate this year (or if reports of nagging injuries linger), then we'll know...

I hope he has a good year.

nunusguy 06-13-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj. (Post 679885)
This is a correct assessment - the Mario to Peppers comparisons are totally off base (have been since last year) as they are quite different players.

Even a totally healthy Mario isn't anywhere as quick and explosive as Peppers. Mario is thicker in the trunk and is more of a power DE. He has good pursuit speed to the play but does not have anywhere near the cat quick explosiveness of Peppers. Few DEs do.

I heard some fairly interesting info yesterday about how Coach Karm was the one who lobbied extremely hard for Mario just before last year's drarft. all in the context of "I've been coaching in this league for 30 years and you're going to miss out on the next Bruce Smith if you don't pick him." Hadn't heard that before and I always wondered where the Mario energy came from internally. I knew it didn't come from Kubiak, Calhoun or Sherman. I suspected Richard Smith.

I'm not expecting Mario to be a 'great' player and I doubt he will ever live up to high first round, much less #1 overall expectations. He's a good DE who at times has shown he can be distruptive but he's streaky and can disappear for long stretches -- foot considered. If he can't dominate this year (or if reports of nagging injuries linger), then we'll know...

I hope he has a good year.

Good stuff AJ.
It clearly sounds like you think the Mario pick was a big mistake ? I know you're not saying he's a bust (atleast at this point), but it sounds like you feel that he is worth nothing like the #1 overal in last years Draft ?
I didn't see the quickness last year that we'd expect for a superior pass rusher and if it doesn't somehow appear this year in a healthy Mario, I dunno how they can leave him on the weakside edge, especially in passing situations ? We know that Weaver from the stong-side can't generate real pressure.