Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Yellow & Orange Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Grass or Concrete???? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39057)

dskillz 06-05-2007 10:18 AM

Grass or Concrete????
 
Which one is it for you?

I have to be in the grass, can't do the concrete unless it is raining. The grass is what makes the Yellow Lot special. Easier on my feet, kids can play, and it is alot cooler than being on concrete with the heat bouncing right back at you. Not sure who made the decision to only have grass in one lot, but I am glad they did!

But I do see quite a few people parking in the concrete even when there is plenty of parking in the grassy area. My question to you is why do you prefer the concrete? Allergies? Grass stains?

gwallaia 06-05-2007 10:23 AM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Grass is better but the concrete is closer to the stadium.

Double Barrel 06-05-2007 10:26 AM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Grass!

We've tailgated on the concrete when it's raining, but it's always been a grass thing for us, as well (since the first season).

We have a very unique atmosphere at the yellow lot grass, because I don't think any other lot has the grass option.

OzzO 06-05-2007 11:58 AM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Pfft, concrete's the way to go.



....oh, wait - this isn't the Blue lot section is it. :shades:

OrangeLotPole8 06-05-2007 12:14 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
I say concrete, but I am biased! I know that washers are easier to find on concrete rather than grass. The EZ-UPS keep the concrete cool and the fans are there on the hot days. The grass can't be very good on the rain days.

Hagar 06-05-2007 12:37 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Grass is the only way to go.

Trust me, when its 95 degees outside, you want to be on grass.

Texan_Bill 06-05-2007 12:39 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
You forgot one option:

Platinum: a heavy, grayish-white, highly malleable and ductile metallic element, resistant to most chemicals, practically unoxidizable except in the presence of bases, and fusible only at extremely high temperatures: used for making chemical and scientific apparatus, as a catalyst in the oxidation of ammonia to nitric acid, and in jewelry.

OrangeLotPole8 06-05-2007 12:49 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
I thought platinum lot was covered in silstone?

OrangeLotPole8 06-05-2007 12:52 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hagar (Post 676490)
Grass is the only way to go.

Trust me, when its 95 degees outside, you want to be on grass.

Not me, I am in the shade on concrete. Sitting next to the margarita machine between games of washers. Everybody has their own preference, mine is concrete in the Orange Lot. :toast2:

texanmojo 06-05-2007 01:00 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dskillz (Post 676408)
Which one is it for you?

I have to be in the grass, can't do the concrete unless it is raining. The grass is what makes the Yellow Lot special. Easier on my feet, kids can play, and it is alot cooler than being on concrete with the heat bouncing right back at you. Not sure who made the decision to only have grass in one lot, but I am glad they did!

But I do see quite a few people parking in the concrete even when there is plenty of parking in the grassy area. My question to you is why do you prefer the concrete? Allergies? Grass stains?

Can't we keep this a secret? I don't want a bunch of non-grass types taking up the prime grass real estate! :bat:

Double Barrel 06-05-2007 01:58 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 (Post 676505)
Not me, I am in the shade on concrete. Sitting next to the margarita machine between games of washers. Everybody has their own preference, mine is concrete in the Orange Lot. :toast2:

Do you y'all even have a choice? :um:

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanmojo.com (Post 676515)
Can't we keep this a secret? I don't want a bunch of non-grass types taking up the prime grass real estate! :bat:

No doubt! :spy: grass? what grass?

Speedy 06-05-2007 06:38 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by texanmojo.com (Post 676515)
Can't we keep this a secret? I don't want a bunch of non-grass types taking up the prime grass real estate! :bat:

The grass is horrible in the rain, and it catches fire a lot for those 95 degree days and it's a long, long, long, loooooong way from the stadium. For your own safety, I'd advise staying away from the grass.:shades:

http://inlinethumb12.webshots.com/17...500x500Q85.jpg

YellerLotYeller 06-06-2007 01:31 AM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
I always tailgate on grass.....oh are we talkin about where we park??:shades:

Dean 74 06-06-2007 11:18 AM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
grass....duh

dskillz 06-06-2007 11:55 AM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elle (Post 676973)
Orange has grass at the corner, right before you cross over to blue. That's where we were, but we also visit FILO and they are on concrete. The grass is easier on the legs for me.

Orange has grass? I thought it was a Yellow exclusive.

texanskan 06-06-2007 01:39 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
I would like to do it on the grass but since we have that nice area along the fence (off Murworth) it gives us the space we need.

nflnutswife 06-17-2007 02:30 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Grass!

rush2112mn 08-30-2007 03:57 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
I have parked on grass and concrete.......
Grass is better I think for a couple of reasons.....
1. There are no stripes on grass.....you get more tailgate area when parked there....
2. Not as hot on feet if a hot day in grass lot......
:texflag: :texflag:

Yankee_In_TX 08-30-2007 04:10 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 (Post 676502)
I thought platinum lot was covered in silstone?

LMFAO, that was really funny for some reason. Rep.

hollywood_texan 08-30-2007 05:08 PM

Re: Grass or Concrete????
 
I really don't care for the following reasons:

1. I am hung over from the night before,
2. I'm downing a Bloody to get things started,
3. Now I am ready to get my drink on,
4. The pit is rolling,
5. The tunes are rolling,
4. I am haning out with guys I don't see enough of in the first place, and
5. Since I live in LA, I don't get to go to all the games.

Point is, I am happy to be there.

Concrete or grass, it really doesn't matter to me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger