Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   No Cheese, Just the Whine, Thanks (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3902)

Vinny 11-01-2004 12:42 AM

No Cheese, Just the Whine, Thanks
 
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin..._freeman.shtml

Quote:

Texans' dirty tricks pull Jaguars down
By MIKE FREEMAN, Times-Union columnist

The Jaguars were involved in a number of scuffles, including a massive shoving match at the end of the game on the Jaguars sidelines. They were penalized a season-high 11 times for 80 yards. "This game was not one of our better moments," said tight end Kyle Brady.

Some half-dozen Jaguars players said in interviews that the Texans were utilizing some of the dirtiest tricks in the book. Questionable low blocking. Kicking in the groin (hate when that happens). Throwing punches when the official wasn't looking. And perhaps the most egregious foul of all, they said, was that Houston players at times put on some of the worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk. In other words, the Texans played like devils, and then when the refs awoke from their catnaps to see what a scuffle was about, the Houston players shrugged and made like angels. "Who," they would say innocently, "little old me?"

That's all true.

Here's the problem.

When the dirty stuff happens, no matter how egregious, a player really has only one choice.

"You have to walk away," said Stroud, "and we didn't do that. The stuff [the Texans] were doing was crazy. They would pull some questionable stuff, and we would get called for the penalty."

texman8 11-01-2004 12:51 AM

Man, who are they kidding? That doesn't sound like our Texans. Sour grapes/ Crybabies! The better team won today!

jnhcarrfans 11-01-2004 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny

i think both teams had some issues jags lost.deal with it.

Vinny 11-01-2004 12:58 AM

Deal with what? We won!

jnhcarrfans 11-01-2004 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
Deal with what? We won!


yeah. i know :headbang:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 11-01-2004 01:13 AM

screw the Jag-offs

Ibar_Harry 11-01-2004 01:46 AM

Capers needs to hang this one up in the locker room for the next go around. I would say it gets awfully rough in any pile of tacklers. I noticed Capers said to be smart in the locker room and "be careful what you say". I assume he ment don't antagonize the opposition whomever they may be. I suspect if we did play dirty this time we could really show them what it can be like next time. I would, however, hope that that's not how we win ball games.

Corrosion 11-01-2004 01:50 AM

Its only a penalty if you get caught , seems to me the jag's were the ones being hit with the penalties :whistle: ....... who me ?

Vinny 11-01-2004 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Capers needs to hang this one up in the locker room for the next go around.

I e-mailed it to them about an hour ago.
:whoohoo:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 11-01-2004 03:04 AM

Stroud must be referring to the "Jedi mind tricks" the Texans were using that forced Leftwich to throw the INT to Faggins. lol

aj. 11-01-2004 05:53 AM

The irony of these goons whining about dirty play is overwhelming, funny, and very satisfying.

GeauxTexans 11-01-2004 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
Some half-dozen Jaguars players said in interviews that the Texans were utilizing some of the dirtiest tricks in the book. Questionable low blocking. Kicking in the groin (hate when that happens). Throwing punches when the official wasn't looking. And perhaps the most egregious foul of all, they said, was that Houston players at times put on some of the worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk. In other words, the Texans played like devils, and then when the refs awoke from their catnaps to see what a scuffle was about, the Houston players shrugged and made like angels. "Who," they would say innocently, "little old me?"

http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/d/edilleaux/images/nopity.gif

Chance_C 11-01-2004 07:10 AM

A nice little rivalry budding, that's for sure!! I did notice on the 15 yard penalty at the end of the first half a little acting on our part, but I loved it!!

JDizzle 11-01-2004 07:10 AM

You've got to be frickin' kidding. The Jags calling the Texans dirty? That's like R. Kelly calling Michael Jackson a pervert! Aren't John Henderson and Marcus Stroud supposed to be TOUGH!?! Give me break guys. We beat you on a day that we didn't play too well, and we outperformed you on both sides of the ball. Have a nice day!

Henderson98 11-01-2004 07:20 AM

One of the unspoken rules of football... the guy that reacts to dirty play is the guy that gets caught...

Grid 11-01-2004 07:23 AM

It wouldnt surprise me one bit if the Texans did everything that the jags say they did.. and I hope that its true. The jags have been playing dirty against us since day one.. the clothesline to David Carr by Stroud.. the late hit on Moses..

if we went out there and got aggressive..and showed them that they cant push us around.. then thats awesome :).. I was really worried that we didnt have a mean streak.. the way that we didnt retaliate when moses got hit late and such. But its good to see that we do have one and that we are smart enough to use it in a way that doesnt get us penalized :)

SportsLover83 11-01-2004 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grid
It wouldnt surprise me one bit if the Texans did everything that the jags say they did.. and I hope that its true. The jags have been playing dirty against us since day one.. the clothesline to David Carr by Stroud.. the late hit on Moses..

if we went out there and got aggressive..and showed them that they cant push us around.. then thats awesome :).. I was really worried that we didnt have a mean streak.. the way that we didnt retaliate when moses got hit late and such. But its good to see that we do have one and that we are smart enough to use it in a way that doesnt get us penalized :)

I agree 100%

V Man 11-01-2004 09:18 AM

Maybe I'm just over reacting, but they want to call someone dirty, how about the DT (I think Henderson) who hit Carr late (no penalty) then to top it off, he dives at his legs, I'm sure knowing that Carr has had ankle problems this year. To me that was playing dirty. :twocents:

|The.Brand0n| 11-01-2004 09:21 AM

Lmfao
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance_C
A nice little rivalry budding, that's for sure!! I did notice on the 15 yard penalty at the end of the first half a little acting on our part, but I loved it!!

I saw #48 Pittman on that play too ... falling all the way back, then rolling backwards over his head. Then when the ref threw the flag, he immediately got up clapping feverishly. Between that, and Chad Stanley's shaking defenders... I am positive I lost 12 pounds from laughing so hard. :rofl:

cuppacoffee 11-01-2004 09:38 AM

Turnabout is fair play
 
"You have to walk away," said Stroud, "and we didn't do that. The stuff [the Texans] were doing was crazy. They would pull some questionable stuff, and we would get called for the penalty."

This is for you Stroud and the rest of you crybaby jag fans. Don't like it when you get a dose of your own medicine? :baby:

CAC :coffee:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger