Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   No help for Vince Young (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38890)

Overalls 05-28-2007 11:46 AM

No help for Vince Young

Another sad story on the Titans:splits:

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/a...ung280507.html

Quote:

With all of the Titans' offensive losses in mind, it's clear entering the 2007 season that the franchise might be placing too much on Young's shoulders. The former national title-winning Texas QB is only 23, and the Titans have so far been less than eager to provide him the necessary help to take them to the Promised Land.

Without talent around Young, one has to wonder whether the team's 8-8 record of last year will be easy to eclipse, particularly in the difficult AFC South. Frankly, for the Titans to take any steps toward a playoff berth this season, Young might have to perform something just shy of a miracle. Over the course of a 16-game schedule, that is one tall order.

Texan_Bill 05-29-2007 02:39 PM

Re: No help for Vince Young

Where the heck is Blazing Arrow?? It seems he's been coming on less and less, with worse and worse smack... Work must have him pinned down lately.

Mr teX 05-29-2007 03:08 PM

Great for us!!!!!:splits: :splits: :splits:

Blazing Arrow 05-29-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 672952)
Where the heck is Blazing Arrow?? It seems he's been coming on less and less, with worse and worse smack... Work must have him pinned down lately.

With great power comes great responsability. The revolving door that seems to be our AR/AP position is creating way to much work for me right now.

If you dig harder there is a L White story where Bulluck and The Fish throw him under a bus basically calling him a fat slob with no work ethic. I am suprised it has not made it over here yet ....

Bipolar The Titan 06-18-2007 08:11 AM

two words: we'll see. :cool:

Mr. White 06-18-2007 08:20 AM

I think that all the talk of the loss to the receiver corps is overrated. He'll probably have some good chemistry with his receivers since he's working with them this offseason in Houston. I think that the Titans will probably have a pretty good passing game this year.

The RB's is another story.....

Bipolar The Titan 06-18-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. White (Post 681814)
I think that all the talk of the loss to the receiver corps is overrated. He'll probably have some good chemistry with his receivers since he's working with them this offseason in Houston.

thank you for adding validity to that point. I'm much inspired by his work ethic. One only needs to point to the past where he held unofficial practices. (the infamous "If you want to beat Ohio State" sign):throwball:

Specnatz 06-18-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan (Post 681891)
thank you for adding validity to that point. I'm much inspired by his work ethic. One only needs to point to the past where he held unofficial practices. (the infamous "If you want to beat Ohio State" sign):throwball:

There is just one problem with this theory, vy will have to throw the ball.

:fans:

Second Honeymoon 06-18-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan (Post 681808)
two words: we'll see. :cool:

two words: Titans Suck
three words: One Yard Short
four words: Bud Adams Is Fat

Blazing Arrow 06-18-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon (Post 681916)
two words: Titans Suck
three words: One Yard Short
four words: Bud Adams Is Fat

Five words: Texans never finish above .500
Six words: Texans have never made the playoffs

ChildressTitanMan 06-18-2007 01:01 PM

Seven words: Texans have no second pick in 2008
Eight words: Exactly who does Shammy have to throw to?

Tailgate 06-18-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 681933)
Five words: Texans never finish above .500
Six words: Texans have never made the playoffs

I guess thats what happens when you have to build a team from scratch. I would assume its a bit more difficult than being handed a Steve McNair, Bruce Matthews, Eddie George, Jeff Fisher, Floyd Reese ran type team.... basically the foundations to get you guys to the super bowl. MUST HAVE BEEN NICE.

Blazing Arrow 06-18-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 681944)
I guess thats what happens when you have to build a team from scratch. I would assume its a bit more difficult than being handed a Steve McNair, Bruce Matthews, Eddie George, Jeff Fisher, Floyd Reese ran type team.... basically the foundations to get you guys to the super bowl. MUST HAVE BEEN NICE.

I do not see how my team moving from one venue to another is me being handed something.

Specnatz 06-18-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan (Post 681943)
Seven words: Texans have no second pick in 2008
Eight words: Exactly who does Shammy have to throw to?

one hyphenated word and one name: Pro-bowler Andrea Johnson

If your going to talk smack at least know something about the subject. Now don't you look stupid for playing.

Texan_Bill 06-18-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan (Post 681943)
Eight words: Exactly who does Schaub have to throw to?

Andre Johnson, Ahman Green, Owen Daniels?

Who is that Young has to throw it to again? I guess the more important question is how is going to get it there??

Blazing Arrow 06-18-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 681956)

Who is that Young has to throw it to again? I guess the more important question is how is going to get it there??

Good choice, washed up, You give me to much credit :shades:

Givins, B Jones, troupe. I would imagine his arm in a throwing motions, but I am no expert.

ChildressTitanMan 06-18-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specnatz (Post 681953)
one hyphenated word and one name: Pro-bowler Andrea Johnson

If your going to talk smack at least know something about the subject. Now don't you look stupid for playing.

That's right ,AJ is all you have yet Carr got criticised for zoning in on him all the time.Go figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill

So that's two five yard dink & dunk players plus Johnson . Schammy can't take off & run so exactly how has your Offence improved?

I guess the more important question is how long will it be before you'll be calling for Schammy's head?

Specnatz 06-18-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan (Post 681967)
That's right ,AJ is all you have yet Carr got criticised for zoning in on him all the time.Go figure.

So that's two five yard dink & dunk players plus Johnson . Schammy can't take off & run so exactly how has your Offence improved?

I guess the more important question is how long will it be before you'll be calling for Schammy's head?

I just mentioned one player because you said who exactly does he have to throw to. Owen Daniels is not a dink and dunk pass catcher. He is donw the middle of the field TE but yet again you do not watch any Texans games so you come here to smack talk empty handed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 681963)
Good choice, washed up, You give me to much credit :shades: Givins, B Jones, troupe. I would imagine his arm in a throwing motions, but I am no expert.

How is he going to find Givens he is hurt, as you point out so elegantly to me, but I guess when you mention him it is ok even though he is hurt.

Yes his arm may get into a throwing motion but the pass will look more like a wounded duck and with his accuracy he may end up hitting the someone in the third row of the stands.

Second Honeymoon 06-18-2007 01:43 PM

when the Titans are circling the drain at 3-5 at the midway point, you can take solace that you trolled on the Texans board and got owned.

Blazing Arrow 06-18-2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon (Post 681971)
when the Titans are circling the drain at 3-5 at the midway point, you can take solace that you trolled on the Texans board and got owned.

I'll get you an umbrella then so our tears do not rain down to the cellar on the Texans.