Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Carr vs. Leftwich the numbers (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3876)

jacquescas 10-31-2004 03:42 PM

Carr vs. Leftwich the numbers

Leftwich---------------------Carr
24-39 ----------------------26-34
61.5% -----------------------76.5%
220 Yards----------------------286 Yards
9.2 Avg ------------------------11.0 Avg
0 TD ---------------------------1 TD
2 INT ---------------------------0 INT
55.5 QB Rating -------------------110.7 QB Rating

1 sack ----------------------------- 0 sacks

2 rushes ----------------------------- 3 rushes
4 yards --------------------------------14 yards

JDizzle 10-31-2004 03:48 PM

Carr played well today. If it weren't for that bonehead move by Gaff the score would have been a bit more in our favor. And I also can't believe that we didn't get a call on that obvious late takedown on Carr. But then again, we got away with a pretty big face mask, so it kind of evens out.

All in all I am pleased with the win. We have won 4 out of our last 5, and we have a super tough schedule coming up with road games in Indy and Denver.

jacquescas 10-31-2004 03:48 PM

Carr also did a great job from passing it to his wide outs to checking off to the backs, he didn't rely on Dominck Davis too much. Good job to both QBs for coming back from lower leg injuries.

phan1 10-31-2004 05:07 PM

Carr played great today! However, I still think it's a toss-up between who is the better QB. Numbers only tell half the story, plus, it is obvious who has the better supporting cast behind him. Whoever said that Jacksonville has a better recieving core is completely on crack. One thing that we do know for sure: Carr can do more things than Leftwich can. Either way, Leftwich is still a great QB.

I do think Carr might have a tendency to abandon the pocket too soon though. There were times when the pocket looked pretty comfy for him, but he decided to roll out anyway. Maybe because nobody was open? Anyway, you can't blame him too much as he's been running for his life a whole lot his 3-year NFL career. :)

jacquescas 10-31-2004 05:12 PM

ya, i'm just talking about the numbers in todays game, and they mean alot. Leftwich gave up the ball 2 times once to seal the game, while Carr threw for over 280 yards, another touchdown, no turnovers (one close call) and over 75% passing pct.

of course not a highlight filled game, and TO's Dance, the shootout in KC,and the Pats losing will all be bigger stories.

TexansTrueFan 10-31-2004 05:25 PM

I feel Carr showed today who truly is the best young QB !!! I mean loo at carrs numbers for the season and look at what a turn around we've had since our first 2 games ,,,gotta give a lot of tha credit to our defense though they have stepped it up lately !!!!!

Lucky 10-31-2004 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan1
I do think Carr might have a tendency to abandon the pocket too soon though. There were times when the pocket looked pretty comfy for him, but he decided to roll out anyway. Maybe because nobody was open?

If there is nothing there in the pocket, a QB can put pressure on the defense by scrambling. That's how Leftwich made the big play downfield to Jimmy Smith last week against Indy.

I will agree that Carr had a lot more time in the pocket today than usual. The Jags are in dire need of a pass rusher.

jags98 10-31-2004 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky
If there is nothing there in the pocket, a QB can put pressure on the defense by scrambling. That's how Leftwich made the big play downfield to Jimmy Smith last week against Indy.

I will agree that Carr had a lot more time in the pocket today than usual. The Jags are in dire need of a pass rusher.

Pass Rusher and another CB and we would be set :twocents:

Vinny 10-31-2004 05:40 PM

I thought you guys blew it when you passed on Dunta Robinson. There were exactly two elite corners in the draft last year and you take guys take a WR in a WR deep draft.

Txn_in_Oki 10-31-2004 05:53 PM

On top of all the stats, the one I really like to see is the "0 Sacks" for the game. That is awesome and is what we have been saying from the start. If the line can give Carr some time he will be awesome. He is really starting to show it. Carr and Johnson definitely have a big future together.

jags98 10-31-2004 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
I thought you guys blew it when you passed on Dunta Robinson. There were exactly two elite corners in the draft last year and you take guys take a WR in a WR deep draft.

The reason I believe they passed on him was because Jack likes the Bigger CB. Yea i would love to have DRob right now but atleast Reggie Williams was showing a little life. :twocents:

Vinny 10-31-2004 06:06 PM

How many elite CB's in the NFL have been large, physical CB bodytypes? Not too many. You need more speed and quickness and good hips to be a great corner. Bigger taller guys have a hard time turning and reacting. Williams couldn't beat Glenn on that jump ball and he is much larger than him.

When it all pans out Williams may prove to be a great pick and Dunta may turn out to be the bad selection, but I thought you guys shoud have went CB and took best available WR with your second pick. So far Dunta is having a solid rookie campain so I am glad you passed. I know our WR's thank you.

JDizzle 10-31-2004 06:12 PM

Does this look familiar?

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photo...img7845369.jpg

jags98 10-31-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackDizzle

Yes I remember that.... The ball went flying backwards...

edo783 10-31-2004 07:05 PM

Yup it did and it didn't matter.

ledzeppelin229 10-31-2004 07:49 PM

Ok I think I forgot how to do math or NFL.coms stats are messed up, I don't really know which, but can someone average the Jag game QB rating in with his other ratings this season and tell me what they get?

I keep getting numbers that are lower than what NFL.com has him at.

texasguy346 10-31-2004 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
How many elite CB's in the NFL have been large, physical CB bodytypes? Not too many. You need more speed and quickness and good hips to be a great corner. Bigger taller guys have a hard time turning and reacting. Williams couldn't beat Glenn on that jump ball and he is much larger than him.

When it all pans out Williams may prove to be a great pick and Dunta may turn out to be the bad selection, but I thought you guys shoud have went CB and took best available WR with your second pick. So far Dunta is having a solid rookie campain so I am glad you passed.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ans_htt111.jpg
Just a reminder for those who couldn't watch the game.

Fiddy 10-31-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jags98
Yea i would love to have DRob right now but atleast Reggie Williams was showing a little life. :twocents:

Showing life??? 5 catches for 27 yards, only 5.4 per reception today. And for the season he has 17 catches for 142 yards, a 8.3 yards per reception average. Rough. He has come up with a couple of nice 2-point coversion, though...

Corrosion 10-31-2004 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan1

I do think Carr might have a tendency to abandon the pocket too soon though. There were times when the pocket looked pretty comfy for him, but he decided to roll out anyway. Maybe because nobody was open? Anyway, you can't blame him too much as he's been running for his life a whole lot his 3-year NFL career. :)

76 sacks in year one of his carreer might have something to do with that .

When the QB breaks contain it forces the DB's to make a decision , stay w/ the reciever or come up to stop the QB . Facing a "mobile QB" makes for a long day for the D . Just ask Denver ..... Vick made them miserable. Some of the most effective plays today were when the play was designed for Carr to roll out . Just another weapon for Chris Palmer to work into the gameplan ...... Wish i had those kinda problems :cool:

JustBonee 10-31-2004 08:46 PM

Other picture of Carr looks very familiar
this one doesn't .. http://www.nfl.com/u/nfl/photos/nfl173c_lower.jpg ... he means business!