Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38746)

Texans_Chick 05-21-2007 06:51 PM

Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
For those of us on the Bull Pen side of the stadium, the Texans are talking about redoing the Bull Pen Pub. They want fan feedback.

I know some of you come direct to the MB, and not to the front page, but I have an Ask TC blog post about this subject, and I would like for you to put the comments there, and not here.

Here's the link:

What's Up at the Bull Pen Pub?

Remember, you can't beyotch, if you are offered an opportunity for feedback and pass it up. They have someone new handling this stuff, and she seems very interested in making the fans happy--so it's important to say stuff about little things that are helpful, so that they might ask for our feedback on things that we care more about.

hollywood_texan 05-21-2007 07:33 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Is this the place between the bathrooms and the smoking area?

Not sure why this place is that important, with all my drinking the night before the game, drinking in the morning, eating during tailgating, the last thing I want to do is hang out at some pub. But then again, I don't make it to every game, so you guys probably have a different appreciation.

Still would like to know where this place is though...

I don't recall seeing it, but usually only one eye is working when I am in Reliant, and that is fuzzy at best.

Texans_Chick 05-21-2007 07:44 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood_texan (Post 669577)
Is this the place between the bathrooms and the smoking area?

Not sure why this place is that important, with all my drinking the night before the game, drinking in the morning, eating during tailgating, the last thing I want to do is hang out at some pub. But then again, I don't make it to every game, so you guys probably have a different appreciation.

Still would like to know where this place is though...

I don't recall seeing it, but usually only one eye is working when I am in Reliant, and that is fuzzy at best.

It is relatively new. And it is where you said. Last year, they added a small shack sort of thing and have different beers available back there.

For those of us who don't drink much, but like to drink quality, it was worth checking out. But there isn't much there, so it isn't much of a place to hang out. Maybe if there was something cool there, it could be a meet up place for folks coming from different tailages.

Yankee_In_TX 05-22-2007 02:23 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Positives: Selection of beer, pictures on the wall
Negatives: Selection of beer, and, ummmm, it's really just a concession window


If they want to have a "Bullpen Pub," they need to make a "pub." Mark off an area, slide some tables and chairs together, add servers, and make the bar bigger (stretch it out and add more beer selection and bartenders)...for starters.


Food would also be nice there. Right now, it's honestly a concession window with a tiny shack built around it, IMO.

If something in the NFL or TABC laws prevent actual servers, then they really need to make the bar a lot bigger with more taps and bartenders.

TEXANS84 05-22-2007 04:00 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
I wrote a whole list of possible upgrades after logging into the front page on the blog. Hit enter and it dissapeared somewhere.

I just wish it would at least rival the "south side's" bar area. It actually needs to be better than the Cantina.

Texan_Bill 05-22-2007 04:57 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
I asked for some dancin girls, but alas they won't comply..... :hides:

Andrew6 05-22-2007 05:24 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 669820)
Positives: Selection of beer, pictures on the wall
Negatives: Selection of beer, and, ummmm, it's really just a concession window


If they want to have a "Bullpen Pub," they need to make a "pub." Mark off an area, slide some tables and chairs together, add servers, and make the bar bigger (stretch it out and add more beer selection and bartenders)...for starters.


Food would also be nice there. Right now, it's honestly a concession window with a tiny shack built around it, IMO.

If something in the NFL or TABC laws prevent actual servers, then they really need to make the bar a lot bigger with more taps and bartenders.

forgot to add in drop the price of the beers... or hell even have 1 dollar beers and 2 dollars you call its... that would be wonderful:splits:

texanmojo 05-22-2007 05:47 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 669820)
If they want to have a "Bullpen Pub," they need to make a "pub." Mark off an area, slide some tables and chairs together, add servers, and make the bar bigger (stretch it out and add more beer selection and bartenders)...for starters.

They have this at the stadium already...its called 'The Club Level' :user:

Tedc 05-22-2007 06:26 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by texanmojo.com (Post 669975)
They have this at the stadium already...its called 'The Club Level' :user:


Nice!

Yankee_In_TX 05-22-2007 06:27 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
That's my $.02 if they want something that attracts people, and gets them to walk past the other stands to to hidden "Bullpen Pub."

TxDavid 05-22-2007 06:39 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Discounted beer for Bull Pen members

TEXANS84 05-22-2007 06:56 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 670024)
Discounted beer for Bull Pen members

Um no. That'll only quadruple our ticket prices to make up for lost revenue.

But if they can do it without raising, then yes.

Texans_Chick 05-25-2007 12:40 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Hey guys, I'm fixing to send the link to the Texans. Is it possible to cut and paste some of the good comments here for the original blog post???

I'd do it, but I think it has more pull if it comes from different folks.

texanmojo 05-26-2007 10:14 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 671607)
Hey guys, I'm fixing to send the link to the Texans. Is it possible to cut and paste some of the good comments here for the original blog post???

I'd do it, but I think it has more pull if it comes from different folks.

Feel free to use my quote! :doot:

NitroGSXR 05-27-2007 06:02 AM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 669552)
For those of us on the Bull Pen side of the stadium, the Texans are talking about redoing the Bull Pen Pub. They want fan feedback.

I know some of you come direct to the MB, and not to the front page, but I have an Ask TC blog post about this subject, and I would like for you to put the comments there, and not here.

Here's the link:

What's Up at the Bull Pen Pub?

Remember, you can't beyotch, if you are offered an opportunity for feedback and pass it up. They have someone new handling this stuff, and she seems very interested in making the fans happy--so it's important to say stuff about little things that are helpful, so that they might ask for our feedback on things that we care more about.

I'll tell you what. Closed captioning on all sides of the stadium should be done. Especially in the bullpen. I'm not a season ticket holder just yet but the bullpen has always been an area that I try to visit everytime I'm at the stadium. It's famous and a place that I'd want every visitor to remember.

The bullpen is supposed to be reowned for their thunder, i.e. LOUD FANS. It just immediately makes sense to caption whatever TVs they add into that section.

Yes, I'm a Deaf fan but I'm a beloved fan first and foremost. I love my Houston Texans. I just hope they hear my comments here. Caption the stadium. If not all but at least a fourth. Especially that 'LOUD' bullpen.

:texan:

Shaft75 05-29-2007 05:04 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
You should come down to my endzone. We have good shade on sunny days and an awesome soundstage and bar area. SOUTHSIIIIIIIDE!:fans:

Texan_Lee 05-30-2007 12:10 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
Adding my comment here, we hardly visit the pub anyways, so whatever direction they take it is good with me...

However, I don't see them dropping the price of beers for anyone, and in doing so, they would create a chaotic place for all the other areas on that level selling beer. It is a nice dream, but will never happen...

I do like the idea about "Closed Caption" for areas around the stadium, especially this year while we are screaming our heads off on the way to the Playoffs!!!

Texans Pride 06-03-2007 12:12 PM

Re: Attn: Bull Pen Members and other field level northstadium-siders
 
I would love to see a whataburger very close to it!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger