Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Platinum & Blue Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Anybody heard from gr8fan? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38513)

BigWig 05-10-2007 09:09 AM

Anybody heard from gr8fan?
 
I just realised that I havent seen Pete around, anybody know where he went?
Does he have a new user name?:mail:

infantrycak 05-10-2007 09:15 AM

Pete asked to be removed from the MB and said he was going to some alternate site that some folks had been hanging out on already. If I knew which one I would give it to you, but he never said.

Texan_Bill 05-10-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 664571)
Pete asked to be removed from the MB and said he was going to some alternate site that some folks had been hanging out on already. If I knew which one I would give it to you, but he never said.

Wig.... It's true about GR8 being removed form here and it's true about him hanging out on another board. Someone from this board emailed me that hangs out there also, but didn't mention which board it was either..

BigWig 05-10-2007 04:54 PM

I am kind of surprised, but not that surprised. I have his home email, and phone number I will catch up with him that way, thanks y'all!

Texan_Bill 05-10-2007 05:18 PM

No worries!

Hookem Horns 05-10-2007 05:51 PM

Pete and Vinny had some friction going on. It's just one of those things. Pete tends to clash with certain personalities however he is a geniune good guy (those that know him personally know that). I talked to Pete a few weeks ago and he was fine. He told me that he prefers just to not hang out here anymore to avoid any problems. I really like Pete and hated to lose him from the board however it's not my place to tell him where to spend his online time. This place is meant to be fun and if it is not for some reason then what's the point. He asked to be deleted from here however I didn't do that (maybe Vinny did, I haven't checked). I still plan on hooking up with him at tailgates and didn't take anything personally. Pete and aj are amongst my favorite fans to tailgate with.

V Man 05-18-2007 05:20 PM

That is a shame, though I didn't know him personally, I did enjoy reading many of his posts.

mexican_texan 05-18-2007 06:33 PM

That stinks....he sold me tickets to my first Texans game.

Vinny 06-23-2007 04:04 PM

Re: Anybody heard from gr8fan?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 664879)
Pete and Vinny had some friction going on. It's just one of those things. Pete tends to clash with certain personalities however he is a geniune good guy (those that know him personally know that). I talked to Pete a few weeks ago and he was fine. He told me that he prefers just to not hang out here anymore to avoid any problems. I really like Pete and hated to lose him from the board however it's not my place to tell him where to spend his online time. This place is meant to be fun and if it is not for some reason then what's the point. He asked to be deleted from here however I didn't do that (maybe Vinny did, I haven't checked). I still plan on hooking up with him at tailgates and didn't take anything personally. Pete and aj are amongst my favorite fans to tailgate with.

I never deleted him and I told everyone in the mod forum that I wouldn't delete him just because he doesn't like me (Pete requested an account deletion). I have nothing against Pete although I get plenty of unkind words my way from him on an ongoing basis over the years. I'm certainly not perfect and I've tried to take some responsibility for anything in the past (this all started around 2002-2003).

Pete jammed up his account by inserting a bogus email address (thegr8fan@screwyou.com) that can't be verified when he got mad (the system will not allow unverified email account changes - it takes your account into a pending user group....he is the one who made his account unaccessible - nobody here did). He is not banned (never was)...and he isn't unwelcome here as far as I'm concerned. All he needs to do to post is change his email address to something the system can verify.

BigWig 07-19-2007 08:44 AM

Re: Anybody heard from gr8fan?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 684094)
I never deleted him and I told everyone in the mod forum that I wouldn't delete him just because he doesn't like me (Pete requested an account deletion). I have nothing against Pete although I get plenty of unkind words my way from him on an ongoing basis over the years. I'm certainly not perfect and I've tried to take some responsibility for anything in the past (this all started around 2002-2003).

Pete jammed up his account by inserting a bogus email address (thegr8fan@screwyou.com) that can't be verified when he got mad (the system will not allow unverified email account changes - it takes your account into a pending user group....he is the one who made his account unaccessible - nobody here did). He is not banned (never was)...and he isn't unwelcome here as far as I'm concerned. All he needs to do to post is change his email address to something the system can verify.

Now that you mention it I kinda miss him!

Chance_C 08-03-2007 04:03 PM

Re: Anybody heard from gr8fan?
 
I went to my second Texans game with Pete. It was a great experience to sit with him on game day. Him and his "hat", that got stolen....

Kaiser Toro 08-05-2007 07:05 PM

Re: Anybody heard from gr8fan?
 
I was not aboard on Pete's way of thinking most of the time, but anyone that takes the time to post something on the Texans needs to be part of the largest online Texan community that he was once part of.

The energy that we are feeding off this year is something quite different and it would be a shame not to finally experience some good dialogue with fellow fans that felt the pain mutually, but were emotional just on the ways they thought it came to pass.

We are the wretched refuse and we are ripe to show our collective fanaticism towards the opposition, rather than ourselves. :texflag:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger