Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Stadium Smack (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3797)

TsJagman 10-28-2004 09:28 AM

Stadium Smack

Ok, listen up guys, and gals. It's Thursday morning about 10:30 or so. Although there has been some good smack, albeit few and far between, can we get past how 'loud' your stadium is? We know about loudness, heck we just got done beating a team in a 'loud' stadium.

So, unless you guys come up with something else, the Jag fans are gonna have to go back over to the tacks board to actually look for good smack.

gwallaia 10-28-2004 09:33 AM

The Raiders committed 7 or 8 false starts in the game they lost to the Texans here at Reliant Stadium. Unless your Gary Coleman look-a-like has a loud voice, he will not be heard either. I expect the Jags will have several false starts this Sunday.

Joe Texan 10-28-2004 09:35 AM

You haven't heard loud like Texan Loud. And You haven't seen our Sharper image yet. I did mention we would Peek in on Leftwich. And you think the Dolts can match us Decible for Decible, I doubt it. Go ahead, look beyond Sunday, We will enjoy that.

TsJagman 10-28-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia
The Raiders committed 7 or 8 false starts in the game they lost to the Texans here at Reliant Stadium. Unless your Gary Coleman look-a-like has a loud voice, he will not be heard either. I expect the Jags will have several false starts this Sunday.

Ok listen up, we have beat this subject to death too, just ask Grid, your ambassador. He was served a big piece of this pie, besides, the raiders team sucks, just ask Jerry Porter.

First, Gary plays in the shotgun formation, and looks to stay that way. Second, in the shotgun formation, it is all hand gestures, leg movements, and looks. If you think he is gonna bark out commands in the shotgun, you are crazier then I think. Won't happen.

Oh yeah, in that other loud stadium, the RCA dome, how many false starts did Gary have again?

Next

Joe Texan 10-28-2004 09:39 AM

Gary won't have false starts. It is his line that makes that happen after being intimidated by US, (the Crowd).

gwallaia 10-28-2004 09:39 AM

RCA Dome is like a shsshed golf crowd politely clapping when the time is right.
Reliant Stadium is migrane headache loud. While Gary may be signalling with his hands and feet, the offensive linemen will never know what is happening.

TsJagman 10-28-2004 09:43 AM

Come on guys, you did have a team, the Oilers remember, they were in a dome too, a dome so loud, Mark Brunell had to whisper (literally) the plays in the huddle, because that team was being beat so badly, this fan base had gone home midway thru the first quarter.

Blake 10-28-2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsJagman
can we get past how 'loud' your stadium is? We know about loudness, heck we just got done beating a team in a 'loud' stadium.

So, unless you guys come up with something else, the Jag fans are gonna have to go back over to the tacks board to actually look for good smack.

We will stop talking about how loud our stadium is when you stop talking about beating the colts. What? You dont want to stop talk about beating the colts? Well we dont want to stop talking about our stadium.

Deal with it, or go home to your board.

gwallaia 10-28-2004 09:46 AM

I bet the Jacksonville stadium is extremely quiet with the crowds ya'll get there.

TsJagman 10-28-2004 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
We will stop talking about how loud our stadium is when you stop talking about beating the colts. What? You dont want to stop talk about beating the colts? Well we dont want to stop talking about our stadium.

Deal with it, or go home to your board.

Well ok, if I hurt your feelings, I will just take my football home, and go play with real fans. idonno:

Joe Texan 10-28-2004 10:19 AM

Hey there kitty, you don't have to tuck your tail and run. I bet they won't black this Sellout out in Florida, Oh Yea it is an away game. It must be nice to get to see at least half of your games on TV in Jacksonvile.

Lucky 10-28-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia
I bet the Jacksonville stadium is extremely quiet with the crowds ya'll get there.

How embarrassing will it be if they can't sellout a playoff game?

Grid 10-28-2004 10:43 AM

I already tried logical arguements with them.. the fans over their are sensitive as hell. Trust me.. no matter what you say, they have some smart *** comment about how it doesnt apply.

just go to your own board :P.. your arguements are appreciated there.

TEXANS84 10-28-2004 12:25 PM

They are jealous...this is their capacity crowd.

http://www.craiggibbens.com/PhotoAlb...G_1181_jpg.jpg

Double Barrel 10-28-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Texan
Hey there kitty, you don't have to tuck your tail and run. I bet they won't black this Sellout out in Florida, Oh Yea it is an away game. It must be nice to get to see at least half of your games on TV in Jacksonvile.

:rofl: Classic!!

It's o.k. you played .500 ball against a first/second year expansion team, Jagfan. :hmmm:

SBTexans08 10-28-2004 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84
They are jealous...this is their capacity crowd.

http://www.craiggibbens.com/PhotoAlb...G_1181_jpg.jpg

Oh...****! Hahahahaaa!!! lol:

chuckm 10-28-2004 02:26 PM

Anyone ever heard (or read) anything about statistics being kept regarding crowd-induced penalties, fumbles (*Kerry Collins), burned timeouts, ......?

infantrycak 10-28-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckm
Anyone ever heard (or read) anything about statistics being kept regarding crowd-induced penalties, fumbles (*Kerry Collins), burned timeouts, ......?

The commentators were talking about it during the MN game. Through that point in the season opposing teams playing in Reliant had 12 false starts (they got 6 more that day)--the next nearest team at that point was 7.

done88 10-28-2004 03:09 PM

How bout this lets say ure rookie QB actually gets going without a false start. Can he hold onto the ball? While he is running around on the field confused because he can't hear himeself think, the Texans D will squash him and he will turn the ball over at least twice this weekend.

TexansTrueFan 10-28-2004 04:01 PM

Jags fan did we make u cry ?
do i need to sing you a lolabye ?
Ok lets get Bill Nye the science guy

He will tell you in Reliant sound does travel
I'm sorry YOUR stadium was built out of gravel

If i'm not mistaken your team does suck
you beat the colts and we dont give a fu**

Do i hear smack oh that was Byron going down
Ouch sorry R. Smith pounded him to the ground

I'm sorry were gonna beat you
yes its true
But you knew better than to mess with the Red White and Blue (TEXANS)