Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Thanks (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37951)

Errant Hothy 04-19-2007 12:00 PM

Thanks

To the members of teh old texanstalk.com forums...thanks! Thanks for giving this community a new home, thanks for not going nutty when the change over happened, thanks for volunteering to help make this new version of texanstalk better then ever, thanks for accepting alot of us in with the new board...just thank you!

I know the transition hasn't been the easiest for both parties, but I hope once we get past the initial problems this site becomes on of the net's best.

DiapHer 04-19-2007 12:26 PM

:grouphug: Nice, Hoth-Boy and very much appreciated!!!

:fieldgoal

Double Barrel 04-19-2007 12:30 PM

Here, here! Good thoughts, Hoth-Boy!

Big thanks to Hookem for giving Texans fans a place to hang out and chat about our team, as well as a chance to make new friends with those that share a common passion.

We stand united in our hatred of the Titans and Jags! Having common enemies is always a good way to bring people together. :texflag:

Texan_Bill 04-19-2007 12:30 PM

Thank you Hoth-Boy... Hopefully this will all work itself out!!

HARRYJ 04-19-2007 12:31 PM

Get a room!:shades:

Texan_Bill 04-19-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HARRYJ (Post 653982)
Get a room!:shades:

Typical Harry.... Jealous...lol!

gtexan02 04-19-2007 01:46 PM

I imagine it must be frustrating to be overrun by all these "old official boarders" and their new look and their rep points

We know what it feels like to lose a board

Texan_Bill 04-19-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 654032)
I imagine it must be frustrating to be overrun by all these "old official boarders" and their new look and their rep points

We know what it feels like to lose a board

If you notice, a lot of old TT people that are caught up in this were also members of the the old main board too... I wasn't exactly a wall flower over there, nor were others from TT. We just a lot more personalized relationship amongst the posters on TT. Heck, even folks like 1stDown (jags fan), Blazing Arrow (Titans Fan) and a couple of others all knew of each other...

For someone on the outside looking in, it would look like we hammered each other in the "smack talk" forum.. but what the outsider did not know, was that we actually got along and from time to time would PM each other and the like...

False Start 04-19-2007 02:56 PM

This is a cool place . I like the new/old look . The new BB over at the houstontexans.com was pretty bad . I have known about TT every since its been around , I just don't post much . The old Texans BB was cool , I just didn't post much there either . The mix of both is great . I'm glad I got to keep my old user name and all that stuff as well . Good job to everyone that put this place together . :cool:

Texan_Bill 04-19-2007 03:18 PM

Good job on the avatar and your sig to DD!!

False Start 04-19-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 654086)
Good job on the avatar and your sig to DD!!

Thanks man . :cool:

Double Barrel 04-19-2007 03:43 PM

Black Tooth Grins on the house!

Texan Bill a Pantera fan? :headbang: best.heavy metal.band.evar!

HARRYJ 04-19-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 654097)

Texan-Bill is in fact a metal-head!:shades:

Bradster592 04-19-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 654024)
Typical Harry.... Jealous...lol!

No doubt his campaign to up his post count is already underway!!

:joker:

Texan_Bill 04-19-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

As long as I dont have to pass through any cemetary gates!! lol...

I love the re-vamped version of this classic - now called "Texans from Hell"

Texan_Bill 04-19-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HARRYJ (Post 654157)
Texan-Bill is in fact a metal-head!:shades:

Harry, you know you really wanted to call me a "hard-head".

Texan_Bill 04-19-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradster592 (Post 654158)
No doubt his campaign to up his post count is already underway!!

:joker:

Easy Bradster, lets not let everyone in on Harry's MO...

TEXANS84 04-19-2007 05:52 PM

As an early 2002-2003 original TT member, and a HT message board member...its cool to finally get a board where everyone frequents. Heck, I've made tons of friends online from both boards (including most everyone from the blue-crew) and various other lots.

So hopefully everyone will come back and see that Hookem and everyone else involved is making this place as special and as fun as possible.

Thanks to all the contributors!! You guys are a big part in getting this thing rolling!

Texans_Chick 04-19-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84 (Post 654185)
As an early 2002-2003 original TT member, and a HT message board member...its cool to finally get a board where everyone frequents. Heck, I've made tons of friends online from both boards (including most everyone from the blue-crew) and various other lots.

So hopefully everyone will come back and see that Hookem and everyone else involved is making this place as special and as fun as possible.

Thanks to all the contributors!! You guys are a big part in getting this thing rolling!

Well said and agreed.

2005 was a hard year to be a Texans fan.

And then the 2006 draft year made it very isolating to be a Texans fan. That if you wanted to talk about the Texans, it was best to do it on a Texans MB unless you liked to get kicked in the teeth a bunch.

I have great optimism what we might be able to do here.

False Start 04-19-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

:headbang: best.heavy metal.band.evar!

Absolutely ! Their sound and intensity set the stage for many bands today . What those bands have done with it ...... is a sad situation unfortunately . All this Nu-Metal sounds the same to me , either sing like NSYNC or scream like a madman . The two sounds in the same song just don't mix . :slap:

A really good band to come along in the past 5 years that still have that real metal sound IMO , is Lamb Of God , their live show is unbelievable ! Ive been to many shows in my life and they are up there with Slayer and Pantera as far as live performances .