Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   How are the Titans going to be? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37938)

imatexan 04-18-2007 08:54 PM

How are the Titans going to be?

We all know the Titans will not be in the playoffs again this year, but what will their record be?
I say 7-9

Errant Hothy 04-18-2007 08:57 PM

5-11, last in the AFC South.

No pac-man, Lendale eating his way through several buffets, no #1 or #2 receiver, and who knows if Haynesworth will explode again this year.

Kaiser Toro 04-18-2007 08:58 PM

6-10. To many personnel losses and a locker room that could go south quick.

Runner 04-18-2007 09:09 PM

Hard to say. A couple of bad attitudes - one of which the league took care of this year. They didn't do much in free agency although they have a lot of draft picks.

But - they have a winning mentality and are coming off of a lot of success in the latter part of last season when they finished 6-1. They have a very experienced coaching staff that has had success of its own.

Success breeds success. 10-6.

Overalls 04-18-2007 09:21 PM

They have Vince. He is ten wins by himself. I expect the Titans to go 15-1.

UTVinceYoung 04-18-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imatexan (Post 653727)
We all know the Titans will not be in the playoffs again this year, but what will their record be?
I say 7-9

:rolleyes: when will teh Texans ever make it to a playoff game?

Hervoyel 04-18-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overalls (Post 653740)

Did they move them to ConferenceUSA or something? District 17-5A?

The only way Vince Young is worth ten wins by himself to the Titans is if they're playing teams from VFW Post 177, St. Pius Orphanage, and Our Lady of Extreme Gastric Disorder Charity Hospital.

In the NFL Vince Young is not worth ten wins by himself. He's not worth 5 wins by himself. In fact I'm pretty sure that Vince Young all by himself is 0-16 on the year and picking first in next years draft.

I think he should take a defensive end too. Offense is thin but he doesn't have anybody at all on defense.

Overalls 04-18-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung (Post 653746)
:rolleyes: when will teh Texans ever make it to a playoff game?

Never Vince will not allow it.

Blazing Arrow 04-19-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overalls (Post 653740)

I knew you liked Young. I think you are over estimating our # of wins though.

Bradster592 04-19-2007 05:36 PM

I reckon they'll win 8 or 9.........

..........then they'll be overcome by the urge to 'kick back and whittle some..'

:joker:

Overalls 04-19-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 654069)
I knew you liked Young. I think you are over estimating our # of wins though.

Well I didn't take into account the playoffs. So let me revise my guess to a masterful 18-1.

Blazing Arrow 04-19-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overalls (Post 654188)
Well I didn't take into account the playoffs. So let me revise my guess to a masterful 18-1.

Optimistic, I like it. How many yards do you think L White will rack up for us? I say 1250, but I would like to hear your opinion on the matter.

Overalls 04-19-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 654212)
Optimistic, I like it. How many yards do you think L White will rack up for us? I say 1250, but I would like to hear your opinion on the matter.

Oh Lendale, the reincarnation, of The Bus. He should get at least 20 TDs and more yards than Henry did last season. Vince wouldn't have him do any less.

Blazing Arrow 04-19-2007 07:56 PM

Do you feel it will all be on Young or do you think that Fisher will get the recognition he deserves?

Overalls 04-19-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 654217)
Do you feel it will all be on Young or do you think that Fisher will get the recognition he deserves?

I believe that when they receive the trophy for winning the Super Bowl it will be the first time that a player (Vince) demands that he share the game MVP trophy with his coach (Fisher).

Shortly afterwards Mr. Adams will give Jeff the largest contract ever for a head football coach.

Blazing Arrow 04-19-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overalls (Post 654221)
I believe that when they receive the trophy for winning the Super Bowl it will be the first time that a player (Vince) demands that he share the game MVP trophy with his coach (Fisher).

Shortly afterwards Mr. Adams will give Jeff the largest contract ever for a head football coach.

Which brings up my next topic, what are your feelings on Mr. Adams? I know in the past you had a real hatred for the guy.

Overalls 04-19-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 654225)
Which brings up my next topic, what are your feelings on Mr. Adams? I know in the past you had a real hatred for the guy.

He is a SAINT of a guy. He was right to move HIS team from Houston. The fans here betrayed his trust and refused to provide this AFL patriarc with a decent place to play.

Andrew6 04-19-2007 09:14 PM

Sounds like some people in this thread have been letting ole Vince Young teabag (potatoe sack) them for far to long. Can't see the sun with that big ole sack covering their eyes

Specnatz 04-19-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overalls (Post 654241)
He is a SAINT of a guy. He was right to move HIS team from Houston. The fans here betrayed his trust and refused to provide this AFL patriarc with a decent place to play.

I hope that was sarcastic. Bud Adams is a dingle berry. He asked for the Dome to renivated and it was, and while that was not yet paid off he said build me a new stadium and I am not putting one dime into it but I will make all the money from it I can. That possum that he calls his hair is about as classy as he is.

Blazing Arrow 04-19-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overalls (Post 654241)

What should this "saint" do about Mr. Jones? Is he guilty or innocent? Does the punishment fit the "crimes"?