Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Your Favorite Moment of DC! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37235)

TexansFan4EvR 03-23-2007 06:42 AM

Your Favorite Moment of DC!

First off I just wanna say Thank You to DC for leading this team for ther first 5 years even after everything he went through. I will always keep my #8 jersey autographed by him ( even though its not worth much ).

My Favorite DC moment no doubt is when he leaped into the endzone on the goaline against the Jaguars our second season. Man I had chills when we went for it with no time left. Thank You David!:fans:

Goldeagle 03-23-2007 07:08 AM

Re: Your Favorite Moment of DC!

ANytime we beat the Jags

Beating the Cowboys

Coming off the bench with a hurt arm and leading the team to a win by running for a 30 yard scramble and not sliding (remember the Texans brought in Lance Berkman to teach him how to slide). Michael Vick was not starting for the Falcons due to an injury but he came off the bench and did nothing. ESPN showed Vick come off the bench and that was it.

HoustonTalk 03-23-2007 07:19 AM

I'd defintly have to say when he was on the bench with that soldier injury and Tony Banks led us to victory!!!!

joedinkle 03-23-2007 07:20 AM

Leaping over the Giants this season into the endzone

Malloy 03-23-2007 07:21 AM

To keep up with the anti-Carr posts, my favorite Carr moment is yet to come, that's when I see a thread here that confirms his trade with some other team.

Sorry David, you've let me down too many times, time to move on, bye bye.

ericdoesntcare 03-23-2007 07:23 AM

When he leaves for good... that's going to be my favorite moment.

Texan_Bill 03-23-2007 07:24 AM

Favorite moment?
His first completion ever... A 19 yard TD pass to Billy Miller on about the 4th play in Texans history - September 8, 2002 against the Cowgurls!

4Texans 03-23-2007 07:56 AM

Texans first game........... 19 to 10!:victory: :wild:

keyfro 03-23-2007 08:01 AM

there's been a couple that i've really enjoyed...the first game stands out the most with the billy miller TD throw

his dive over jacksonville to end the game

the miami game his second season he played a very good game

and when he juked out the new orleans defender to run into the endzone...that was just funny

Silver Oak 03-23-2007 08:04 AM

I forget who we were playing, but it was a long pass down the left sideline to Andre Johnson. A great pass and a great leaping catch by Johnson. At the time I thought that would be repeated many more times...

Good luck David. I know the majority of fans here in Houston appreciate your toughness these first years of the franchise even if the vocal minority drowns that out at times.

HuttoKarl 03-23-2007 08:07 AM

That HEB commercial where he carries loose groceries in because he doesn't like sacks.

TEXANS84 03-23-2007 08:10 AM

Coming off the bench against the Falcons. Their backup quarterback started that game, and Tony Banks started our game.
Tony Broke his hand just before halftime, and they came out with Vick starting the second half.

David then came in to people cheering despite being hurt on the shoulder injury. 1st snap he took off running 25 yards down the field. Got hurt on the play, but played like a man.

Texan_Bill 03-23-2007 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Oak (Post 637500)
I forget who we were playing, but it was a long pass down the left sideline to Andre Johnson. A great pass and a great leaping catch by Johnson. At the time I thought that would be repeated many more times...

Good luck David. I know the majority of fans here in Houston appreciate your toughness these first years of the franchise even if the vocal minority drowns that out at times.

"Vocal minority"???? How about "obnoxious few"....

:stirpot:

c5demon 03-23-2007 09:49 AM

Him packing his crap out of H-town for GOOD !!!!

Second Honeymoon 03-23-2007 09:53 AM

my favorite moment of DC will be the first time i see him playing for someone else. he's a bum and a crappy QB. he is now gonna be someone elses problem.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 03-23-2007 09:53 AM

In our first game against the Cowboys where he threw a perfect laser to Jermaine Lewis (went right through his hands though) about 50 yards down the middle of the field. I thought that was just a small preview of things to come.

Porky 03-23-2007 10:00 AM

My favorite Carr moment so far happened yesterday when the team admitted they were wrong, and I, and a whole bunch of other fans were right. That will soon be superseded by my all-time favorite Carr moment. That's the one where I see him on a plane moving on to ruin someone else's franchise. :dance2:

The Pencil Neck 03-23-2007 10:13 AM

The juke against the Saints defender was great.

Texan_Bill 03-23-2007 10:15 AM

Some people don't know or are too ignorant to the take the high road - even if the low road is a dead-end cliff....

HOU-TEX 03-23-2007 10:15 AM

When he was benched in the Tenn game this year. It was a sign of great things to come.:drool: