Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   look at the season (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355)

texans70 05-15-2004 03:03 PM

your choice of players

:spot: :spot: :spot: whos do you think going to win the battle at QB:

Banks or carr

Whos going to be the go to guy?????

Do think the draft picks made a mark on the team will they step up?:??????

i wont to here your opinoin!!!!!!!!!

Fiddy 05-15-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texans70
:spot: :spot: :spot: whos do you think going to win the battle at QB:

Banks or carr

Do think the draft picks made a mark on the team will they step up?

Are you serious about the Carr/Banks thing, Go-to guy is AJ, and I see Babin having a good year.

travfrancis 05-15-2004 03:54 PM

banks-carr??

there is no competition here, its carr's job no doubt about that

JDizzle 05-15-2004 04:26 PM

It seems the Carr / Banks dilemna is overshadowing the REAL question - Domanick Davis, or Jonathan Wells?

BuffSoldier 05-15-2004 04:52 PM

First of all there is no QB controversy, Carr will start.

DD and AJ will be the 2 go to guys.

Dunta will have his bumps just like any rookie CB but will play solid enough, and Babin will have a big impact on the pass rush(7 or more sacks).

Number19 05-15-2004 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackDizzle
...the REAL question - Domanick Davis, or Jonathan Wells?

No way! The RB battle/delema that might develope could be between Davis and Hollings. Davis is #1 going into training camp. But if Hollings can cure his fumblitis, and can learn to hit the holes, and find the running lanes, who do you start? I've never been a fan of rotating players, but this would probably be the short term solution for this upcoming season. But would Hollings' speed and break-away threat give him the long term advantage over Davis?

Grid 05-15-2004 05:45 PM

I think he was being sarcastic with the DD/Wells comment. As in, saying there is a QB controversy between Carr and Banks is like saying there is an RB controversy between DD and Wells.

wags 05-15-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texans70
:: whos do you think going to win the battle at QB:

Banks or carr

:crazy: Wow! :crazy: I mean wow. :um:

Joe Texan 05-15-2004 08:19 PM

Quote:

i wont to here your opinoin!!!!!!!!!
You wont get any reply but Carr is the Man :twocents:

TexasAggie 05-15-2004 09:37 PM

:crazy: On my roster Banks does not make the final cut. Most teams love having 2 quality RBs Davis & Hollings. Just think of what we have if Hollings was to beat out Davis. Will that happen probably not, but what if? :fight: :fight: JMO

Fiddy 05-15-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number19
No way! The RB battle/delema that might develope could be between Davis and Hollings. Davis is #1 going into training camp. But if Hollings can cure his fumblitis, and can learn to hit the holes, and find the running lanes, who do you start? I've never been a fan of rotating players, but this would probably be the short term solution for this upcoming season. But would Hollings' speed and break-away threat give him the long term advantage over Davis?

I love Hollings and his homerun threat speed, if he can stop fumbling he should atleast challenge for playing time (I have been a big Hollings supportor). Should be intresting to watch in camp :popcorn:

Westside 05-15-2004 10:19 PM

Banks will be the #2. Wells is probably history.

TexanExile 05-15-2004 10:26 PM

Banks will make this team. You can't have Ragone as the #2 because he played like "Number 2" last year when he stepped in. I don't expect Wells to be on the roster, but it will be interesting to see what happens to Symons in the midst of all this.

gwallaia 05-15-2004 11:33 PM

Banks or Carr??

Its going to be Carr, Bank on it. :dancing:

Fiddy 05-15-2004 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westside
Wells is probably history.

If he is gone (which he probably is), do we bring in a 3rd RB to put on the roster or keep 2 RBs (Davis, Hollings) and 2 FBs (Baxter, Norris) on the roster. I really like both Baxter and Norris. Should be a fun battle in camp at both back positions.

rittenhouserobz 05-16-2004 01:39 AM

Do any of you remember the battle for FS last year? :)

TERROR DOME 05-18-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Holling could out produce DD in preseason, but guess who will start? DD! Thats right. DD is a special runner, he runs with patience and that what separates him from Hollings.

Plus DD was the 2003 Rookie of the year w/ an O.K. front line. Now with the edition of wade I can only imagine what he will do with a full season,because he was injured for some part of last year.

SBTexans08 05-18-2004 12:33 PM

That isn't even a question....Carr is the Texans 1st string QB.

Go to man is A.J. of course.

Out of our draft picks....I say Babin will have a better year....not to say Robinson won't do so well. It's just that I think Babin will be slightly better with them having a good year.

Fiddy 05-18-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TERROR DOME
Plus DD was the 2003 Rookie of the year w/ an O.K. front line. Now with the edition of wade I can only imagine what he will do with a full season,because he was injured for some part of last year.

Dont forget that Olandis Gary won the ROY (I think), doesnt mean that you win the ROY you have your position back the next season. I really like Hollings and the speed he brings to the table.

TexansFanatic 05-18-2004 08:23 PM

Banks is the man! Go Tony, go! Carr simply can't compete with the prototypical field general that is Tony Banks.....