Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   super bowl (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338)

FOOTBALL1999 05-14-2004 04:02 PM

super bowl

if you had to pick the 2 teams that would play in the jacksonville superbowl thats not the texans who do u pick and which teams do u have winning each division

im a big peter king fan so i go with his prediction seahawks =jags superbowl in jagsonville, but i would really like to see the eagles coming out of the nfc

for the divisions
afc east:new england

afc north:baltimore

afc south: jacksonville

afc west : oakland

nfc east:philly

north:minnesota
south:atlanta

west:seattle

Carr Bombed 05-14-2004 04:07 PM

if I had to say id guess the patriots just because they have a 1st class organization and the whole team is comming back and they had a really good draft plus they know how to win

Out of the nfc im kinda split between the seahawks and the redskins (joe gibbs factor) i think the window has closed on the eagles

wags 05-14-2004 04:07 PM

Vikes vs Pats.

Carr Bombed 05-14-2004 04:10 PM

The vikings were my pick at the beginning of the season last year but there defense was really exposed

wags 05-14-2004 04:18 PM

Yep. That's why in the offseason they got Winfield and drafted Udeze and Thomas. They improved their secondary and strengthed their D-line. They also have E.J. Henderson playing MLB now, and he was a stud in college. They will be good this year.

Carr Bombed 05-14-2004 04:33 PM

One thing is for sure the cowboys will definitly not make the playoffs again because every team in thier division has been upgraded and they will be in a qb controvesy by the middle of the season

MarleyFan 05-14-2004 07:46 PM

RAIDERS 63 49ers 0

Fiddy 05-14-2004 09:06 PM

Colts vs. Eagles

Carr Bombed 05-14-2004 09:13 PM

The eagles arent going to make it they will be playing in one of the toughes divisions in the league next year

Carr Bombed 05-14-2004 09:13 PM

there will be no 4th and 26 next year

Scooter 05-15-2004 02:42 AM

favre's finger heals and he quits throwing it backwards ...

packers & patriots

WWJD 05-15-2004 02:48 AM

I think you have to go with the Patriots until somebody beats them. They're solid on both sides of the ball and have excellent, skilled coaches.

I disagree about the Cowboys. I think the Parcells factor matters enough that they make the playoffs. I'm not so sure the Redskins will be so great, the Giants are rebuilding and look to have to have a rookie QB in there and the Eagles, while very good, seem to have problems getting to the SB.

Depends on team's injuries of course too. Everybody will be gunning for the Pats. Should be an interesting AFC this year.

rittenhouserobz 05-15-2004 03:45 AM

I will pick teams that are sleepers.
Baltimore vs. Atlanta

We'll have to wait and see.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 05-15-2004 08:44 AM

i wanna see Baltimore vs. Atlanta too. the Ravens were the ones that injured Vick last season so i wanna see how he responds to their defense the second time around.

AJDavis 05-15-2004 03:47 PM

Sb

Packers and Eagles

Fiddy 05-15-2004 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJD
I think you have to go with the Patriots until somebody beats them. They're solid on both sides of the ball and have excellent, skilled coaches.

If you think about it, the Patriots arent as dominant as everyone makes them out to be. Dont get me wrong they are a great team, but they never really blewout teams:

They beat the Titans in the regular season by 8, and by only 3 in the playoffs
They only beat the Colts by 10 in the playoffs and 4 in the regular season
They beat the Panthers by 3 and those 3 could have been avoided if Kasey kicks the ball inbounds
They beat the Jets by 7 and 5
Miami by 12 and 6(OT)
Beat us by 3 and were helped out by a holding penalty that never happened
Denver by 4
the Browns by 6
Skins by 3
Giants by 11

They are an excellent team, but I think people make too much out of them. They are beatable.

One storyline to follow for the Pats is Roosevelt Colvin (yeah, you forgot about him), they defense can be even better this year.

Carr Bombed 05-15-2004 04:09 PM

That just proves that they know how to win the close games. Teams that win close games are very good teams look at the panthers how many OT games did they have last year. I dont think it was a coincidence that both these teams made it to the superbowl