Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Collins in Oakland! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332)

MarleyFan 05-14-2004 01:41 AM

Collins in Oakland!

Kerry Collins has been in Oakland the last couple of days, maybe nothing but thought I would pass it along!

pittbull 05-14-2004 08:48 AM

Isn't Oakland close enough to San Fran also. Don't get the hopes too high!

TheOgre 05-14-2004 11:08 AM

Oakland seems like the perfect fit for Collins. He can caddy for Gannon for a year or two. With the additions on the line, the Raiders will make all of their QB's look good. Give Collins a good line and he can pick apart a defense.

edo783 05-14-2004 11:10 AM

May indicate Gannon isn't coming along from his injury as well as they would like.

TheOgre 05-14-2004 12:43 PM

I think it is more indicative of the fact that they do not have an eventual replacement for Gannon. The guy probably had only 1-2 years left in him.

edo783 05-14-2004 05:42 PM

Ya, I am sure that enters into it also. I would think they would try for a younger QB than Collins though. Isn't he like 29 or so? Certainly brings the experience, but you are then back in the same situation in a couple of years. Of course I have heard that Al Davis doesn't like younger guys, particularly at QB.

TheOgre 05-14-2004 05:49 PM

The Raiders and Davis have a way of taking a mediocre or over-the-hill player, particularly QB's, and making them look like gold.

dirty steve 05-14-2004 07:39 PM

Rattay is out for a substantial amount of time--might he be a suitable short term replacement?

Fiddy 05-14-2004 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty steve
Rattay is out for a substantial amount of time--might he be a suitable short term replacement?

Ken Dorsey is the replacement for Rattay. All Canes are winners.

beerlover 05-15-2004 10:03 AM

with or without Collins the black & silver are a much better team than 4-12 I'll bet beer on that. As a matter of fact it was brilliant move to tank after the Superbowl embarrasment now they have both Saap & Robert Gallery. I've seen some clips of Gallery in mini-camp moving smaller, weaker lineman around like rag dolls lol. :twocents:

Fiddy 05-15-2004 10:50 AM

No one will be able to run on the Raiders, IDK about the passing defense though.

texans 05-15-2004 02:09 PM

their good their too. They have two of the best DB in the league Charilers and rod woodson. :soldier:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 05-23-2004 01:19 PM

Gannon will likely be cut now. I wonder if Jon Gruden will want to reunite with him?

Carr Bombed 05-23-2004 04:49 PM

Wow! that leaves two former MVPs out of work and looking for a job has this ever happened before.

HoustonTexansAreTheBest 05-23-2004 05:52 PM

Do you really believe Gannon will be dropped. I highly doubt it. Gannon will either play and collins back up or he'll back up collins.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 05-23-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Do you really believe Gannon will be dropped. I highly doubt it. Gannon will either play and collins back up or he'll back up collins.

yes i do think he will be cut, for financial reasons of course. if gannon refuses to take a pay cut they wont have much of a choice but to cut him.

keyfro 05-23-2004 08:07 PM

you this is a what have you done for me lately league...gannon last year was just horrible his first few games...he couldn't really blame the line cause he had the same line the previous season...they all just looked old and tired...now though their o-line is younger but more inexperienced...wonder how this is going to play out for them

J-Man 05-24-2004 04:28 PM

Gannon won't drop his salary (much like Collins wouldn't)...he has said as much. He's 37 and Collins is not even 30 yet...still wet behind the ears as far as Al Davis is concerned.

Collins will sign and I think he will thrive their for a few seasons...he will have a solid line to protect him and he is as good as anyone in the NFL at the vertical passing game.

Gannon will won't be on the market long. Gruden will snap him up and Tampa will be his sunset gig for let's say about 2 seasons then he's playing shuffle board for a living.

Blake 05-24-2004 06:47 PM

Collins goes black.

Collins a Raider

scourge 05-24-2004 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Man
Gannon won't drop his salary (much like Collins wouldn't)...he has said as much. He's 37 and Collins is not even 30 yet...still wet behind the ears as far as Al Davis is concerned.

Actually, Gannon is 38 and Collins is 31...