Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Can you believe... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317)

66cobra 05-13-2004 02:45 PM

Can you believe...

that someone already has a mock draft for next year!!! draftshowcase.com has Oakland and Chicago going 1 & 2 and the mock has Matt Leinart, QB @ USC and Derrick Johnson, OLB, UT going 1, 2.

Blake 05-13-2004 03:04 PM

The Titans #32? What??!

66cobra 05-13-2004 03:11 PM

To the uninformed, in reply to DC Rock, The Titans selected Cedric Benson, RB @ UT (in the mock draft 2005).

gwallaia 05-13-2004 03:13 PM

These experts can't even get close on drafts for the current season, they sure as heck will have no clue about next season already. :soldier:

Fiddy 05-13-2004 03:18 PM

I dont go to any draft sites until the college season is half way done, I find it pointless to scout a draft one year ahead of time.

Blake 05-13-2004 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66cobra
To the uninformed, in reply to DC Rock, The Titans selected Cedric Benson, RB @ UT (in the mock draft 2005).

Thanks cobra. But I was just saying that he is predicting the titans to win the SB. So thats why I said that.

Peace

El Tejano 05-13-2004 04:10 PM

Well if they pick Benson, they aint going nowhere. They might as well just keep George. Ha! Cedric Benson a first rounder. Cedric Bench'em is more like it.

TheOgre 05-13-2004 04:36 PM

I disagree ET. I think the Longhorns O-line has been the major culprit the last couple of years. That line is so inconsistent it makes the 2002 Texans line look competent. I take that back. Nothing can actually do that.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I still laugh when I think of that ESPN commercial with Carr and no line

infantrycak 05-13-2004 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOgre
I don't know about the rest of you, but I still laugh when I think of that ESPN commercial with Carr and no line

I thought that was hilarious as well. Was waiting for a commercial before this year's draft showing just Jamie Sharper and Marcus Coleman out there and then the pictured panning back and it was the rest of the Texans' D watching the game from a hospital ward.

edo783 05-13-2004 04:43 PM

NOW THAT would have been funny!

kgmvp 05-14-2004 08:12 PM

First off I think the 9ers get the first pick
Second I dont see how the titans get pick 32
and Third I dont see how a great running back like cedric benson gets drafted that late in the draft
May I ask which running back is ahead of Cedric???? :crazy:

MoBlack 05-14-2004 09:24 PM

i personally don't think benson is that great of a back. he doesn't have that gamebreaking speed. you didn't hear this from me but i know someone who plays for the team and ceddy has a lil line problem...shhhh.....

wags 05-15-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgmvp
and Third I dont see how a great running back like cedric benson gets drafted that late in the draft
May I ask which running back is ahead of Cedric???? :crazy:

IMO I think that Darren Sproles(KSU), Cadillac Williams(AUB), and Anthony Davis(WIS) are better backs than Benson. However, Cedric may light it up this year and go high. Oh sorry, bad choice of words. :sumo:

BuffSoldier 05-15-2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano
Well if they pick Benson, they aint going nowhere. They might as well just keep George. Ha! Cedric Benson a first rounder. Cedric Bench'em is more like it.

Are you seriouse?? :crazy: Benson is a pre-season all-american and one of the top prospects for the Heisman. He is the top RB in college this year IMO. Only Sproles could be put ahead of him.What are you talking about?

281 05-15-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wags
IMO I think that Darren Sproles(KSU), Cadillac Williams(AUB), and Anthony Davis(WIS) are better backs than Benson. However, Cedric may light it up this year and go high. Oh sorry, bad choice of words. :sumo:

Sproles is only 5'7, but he is amazing... Similar to Barry Sanders.

Fiddy 05-15-2004 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan281
Sproles is only 5'7, but he is amazing... Similar to Barry Sanders.

He killed OU, it was great