Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   who is the texans most hated/rivaled team???? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283)

FOOTBALL1999 05-11-2004 04:23 PM

who is the texans most hated/rivaled team????

The cowboys maybe??? but do they even return the rival or care to dislike the texans??? after all they do still run the state of texas and are still somewhat americas team(i mean they texans dont own texas yet)

BuffSoldier 05-11-2004 04:26 PM

The Cowboys, hands down. I hate those guys. :mad: Every time we face them Im looking for a battle. :fight: :slap: And I hate that "Americas Team" thing. Houston should be "Americas Team" next time we play them im looking fir a blowout.

777texans 05-11-2004 04:28 PM

I'd say either the Jags. cause that sereis is tied 2-2 :fight: or it could be the Titans(former Oliers). Srry about a bit off topic Hey I wonder in our division is it:
Cots-Titans,

Titan's-Texans

Texans-Titans?

Scooter 05-11-2004 04:31 PM

i think we all hate dallas the most but since we'll rarely play them, i think/hope we build up a rivalry with the titans for the simple fact that there's so much history & bad blood (on our side atleast).

Section136#3 05-11-2004 04:41 PM

The "Flaming Meatballs" of course!

2nd the Cowgirls

3rd the Patriots and their Rude obnoxious Chowder Head Fans! :ninja:

Wolf 05-11-2004 05:00 PM

For the Texans.. I'd say the Jags.. mainly because they have beaten us and we have beaten them.

titans and colts.. possibly after this season..when we beat them and cost one of them a AFC south title ;)

As far as the Cowboys.. I think that one is the ones for the State of Texas fans,but we don't play them every year so it will take some time with the team to get a rivalry.

D-ReK 05-11-2004 05:06 PM

the titans are cowboys are definitley our biggest rivals...this is the year when the titans get their payback...

SheTexan 05-11-2004 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Section136#3
The "Flaming Meatballs" of course!

2nd the Cowgirls

3rd the Patriots and their Rude obnoxious Chowder Head Fans! :ninja:

DITTO!! Really, anyone in the AFC

Joe Texan 05-11-2004 06:22 PM

All in one catagory

Cowpies, Teetons Just because. Hatriots because of that ***** that took a bite out of my superbowl hat, hope he realizes what is actually in paint.

That about sums it up

Vinny 05-11-2004 06:26 PM

Cowboys? I just can't consider a team we play twice a decade a "heated rival". How can you have a big rivalry with a team you rarely play? Rivals are formed when you have something on the line and another team takes something important from you. This just isn't going to happen unless we meet in the Super Bowl.

Someone in our division will be our biggest rival in due time, and right now I consider the Titans one for obvious reasons.

281 05-11-2004 06:31 PM

I'm going to go with the Jag-offs... It's ALMOST always a close game every time we play, they are in the division, and they are a young, rising team like us. The series is tied 2-2.

Dilbert R. 05-11-2004 06:34 PM

The Titans! How crushing was that 4th down TD throw from McNair to Bennet? We have got to beat them. I'd say the Titans, J'ville, Colts, and then the Cowboys.

wags 05-11-2004 06:37 PM

That did hurt, but what was worse is that our cover man was flat on his face when Bennett caught that.

Dreadpiratebonzz 05-11-2004 07:03 PM

I don't really think you could include the Cowboys, hey at least they are in Texas. I would have to say the Titans. The fact that a lot of people look at the Texans as the "other" franchise to come from Houston really gets my goat. The Titans are, to me, the most hated team on the planet (aside from the ****ing Patriots).

TexansFanatic 05-11-2004 08:15 PM

How could the most hated rival be any team other than the Titans?

aj. 05-11-2004 08:35 PM

It takes time to develop rivalries and your biggest rivals are those teams, usually from your own division, that you find yourself with most often in important games (games played for a division title or playoff berth). Often times, your biggest rival is the team that beats you in those games more often than you beat them. Ask titans fans who their biggest rival is (at least was) and many of them will say the Ravens. Why? Because the Ravens beat them in a couple of very big games in recent years. They may start to develop the same "envy/hate" attitude toward Indy unless they can start beating them again.

As far as the Texans, it's too early to tell, but the Tennessee thing is big for many for obvious reasons. It's the team most Texans fans dearly want to beat. But it's more of a one-way rivalry (until we can start beating them in important games and getting them to hate us as well). Same with Indy. There's nothing there yet for the Texans in terms of rivalry - other than two losses per year. If there's been a rivalry in these first two seasons, it would have to be Jax since we were fighting with them to stay out of last place.

I see the AFC South changing a little in the coming years and there will likely be a more heated race between all four teams instead of just two. That's when some real rivalries will emerge.

As far as Dallas, your most heated or hated rival can't be a team that you play only once every four years.

beerlover 05-11-2004 09:32 PM

Hate is a little harsh, rivals all the above. The big trade with ex-oilers seems to suggest they are at least on speaking terms & helped each other in the process.

Jacksonville & the Texans are closley tracking each other & also consumated a major deal (expansion draft) for the betterment of both teams. I really like the make-up of both teams and these should be barnburners for years to come. A great rivalry.

The one team that doesn't fit at least not in the South is the New England Patriots. No help here, unless you consider the reason the Texans where promted to make the trade when they did for what they gave up was because they recieved sources indicating the Patriots wanted Babin to add to their already punishing defense. But we won't meet them unless its in the play-offs & at New England so thats really not a rivalry.

Guess its a toss up between the Titans & Jaguars. The Titans on the way down and the Jaguars on the way up. Only time will tell for sure :popcorn:

Fiddy 05-11-2004 09:57 PM

Titans (look up at the avatar :evilb:, got to love that moment) are the most hated with the Cowgirls a close 2nd and the Jags at 3.

texasduece 05-11-2004 10:21 PM

Living in MO I have learned to hate the Cheifs

Wolf 05-11-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wags
That did hurt, but what was worse is that our cover man was flat on his face when Bennett caught that.

To me what was worse was McNair having time to sit back and sign autographs before he threw the ball. I can't or don't expect ANY defensive back to be able to keep up with a reciever with THAT much time for an NFL MVP candidate to be given that much time to throw the ball