Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Under Review?????? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2798)

Speedy 09-19-2004 04:04 PM

Under Review??????

I realize we gave the game away on turnovers AGAIN....but AJ was pushed out of bounds at the 1 and there was no review. What gives??? I mean it may have been too little too late, but we score from 1 yard out, you can at least try the onsides kick and if we got it, we still had 3 timeouts.

:mad:

rhc564 09-19-2004 04:06 PM

...get use to it, buddy, it's going to be a long year

ATX 09-19-2004 04:13 PM

i still don't get that call. it's under 2 minutes and a disputable play, where were the guys who make that decision. fire them now

Fiddy 09-19-2004 04:14 PM

there is no challenge for a force out call....

texasguy346 09-19-2004 04:22 PM

The ref blew the call, but like Fiddy said there is no review for a force out call. It's up to the referree on the field to judge. I don't understand the rule, but apparently thats how the NFL does it.

thetexanator 09-19-2004 04:23 PM

the texans should complain to the league

Speedy 09-19-2004 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy

Then it was a sorry ****ing call. :mad:

texansfan88 09-19-2004 04:33 PM

according to the self proclaimed experts on this board, we really suck so it wouldnt of mattered anyway.

Mistril48 09-19-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy

I thought this also, but at the end of the Tacks game, they reviewed a force of call on the 1 yrd line ... so I'm confused.

Vinny 09-19-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistril48
I thought this also, but at the end of the Tacks game, they reviewed a force of call on the 1 yrd line ... so I'm confused.

They were only looking at possession of the ball. They were not ruling on the judgement aspect of the force out.

Reddevil63 09-19-2004 04:39 PM

it was a good catch though idonno:

jacquescas 09-19-2004 05:04 PM

I'm happy Carr is making strides, if Davis can't control his fumbling we still have Hollings that is promising. I don't expect more than 5 wins this season.

rittenhouserobz 09-19-2004 05:07 PM

The guys upstairs should have challenged the catch not the push out of bounds, but in reality the premise of instant replay is too ensure that a bad play isn't called.

HJam72 09-19-2004 05:08 PM

That's It

OK, that's it. Fire the refs, Capers, Casserly, Palmer, the rest of the coaches, DD, Dunta, and anyone else who has an attitude. Nah, just fire that one ref and PUT DD ON THE FREAKING BENCH!

Mistril48 09-19-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
They were only looking at possession of the ball. They were not ruling on the judgement aspect of the force out.

Thanks. I had the sound down and didn't hear what they said. I just saw them reviewing something.

Jwwillis 09-19-2004 05:42 PM

The way I understood it the Texans couldnt challenge in the last 2 minuets only the officials could. The officials didnt challenge it because the force out rule in un-challengable.

bossbfan 09-19-2004 08:12 PM

As a Lions fan I actually felt a little dirty when the ref blew that call on Andre's catch. I want the Lions to win, but not on bad calls. You still would have had to get the onside kick, plus score another TD, but you should have had a shot at it. I also would have liked to have seen if the Lions could have stopped the Texans at the 1 YD line.

I think the worst play of the game was when the Texans went for 2 with like 15min left in the game. That was a BAD coaching decision. Very panicky.

wags 09-19-2004 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossbfan
I think the worst play of the game was when the Texans went for 2 with like 15min left in the game. That was a BAD coaching decision. Very panicky.

Yea, I have always heard that you never "chase" points. With 12 minutes left I was not happy to see them go for 2.

JustBonee 09-19-2004 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wags
Yea, I have always heard that you never "chase" points. With 12 minutes left I was not happy to see them go for 2.

In that instance, it wasn't a bad coaching decision, because if they had made the 2 points and then had gotten a field goal after that, the game would have been tied.
But other than that call ... the rest of the coaching decisions were the pits! :thumbdown

JDizzle 09-19-2004 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossbfan

That wasn't a "panicky" decision at all. Capers was just trying to get within a field goal from evening the score. If you look at the scenarios it makes sense.

A) Kick the PAT, you're down 4 points and need a touchdown to go ahead.
B) Go for 2, fail, you're down 5, yet you still need a touchdown to go ahead.
C) Go for 2, succeed, you're down 3 and within a field goal of evening things up.

In that case going for 2 isn't a very big risk, even in the 4th quarter.