Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas High School Football (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   David Carrs little bro lights it up............ (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27475)

Hulk75 09-02-2006 11:36 AM

David Carrs little bro lights it up............
 
His little brother Derrick Carr is a sophmore at Clements and starts for the varsity, I heard he can ZING it!
12-22 1 int 3 tds and a win, not bad for a sophmores 1st game.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...h/4158819.html

texanfan2100 09-02-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk75
His little brother Derrick Carr is a sophmore at Clements and starts for the varsity, I heard he can ZING it!
12-22 1 int 3 tds and a win, not bad for a sophmores 1st game.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...h/4158819.html

They showed the highlights on one of the stations last night, and the numbers look better than some of the passes did. He's only a sophomore though, so he'll get better. They were also playing a school that was playing their first varsity game ever.

Also, the guy he beat out for the starting QB position is John Hoke's son.

texan279 09-02-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanfan2100
They showed the highlights on one of the stations last night, and the numbers look better than some of the passes did. He's only a sophomore though, so he'll get better. They were also playing a school that was playing their first varsity game ever.

Also, the guy he beat out for the starting QB position is John Hoke's son.

Sounds like his brother sometimes. :bananasplit:

HJam72 09-02-2006 12:04 PM

Maybe he can beat out David in a few years, lol.

Chato 09-04-2006 12:14 PM

Keep in mind too that was Seven Lakes first varsity game. They have no seniors and are 4A.

I hope Dulles and that Turner kid smoke their arses in district.

gg no re 09-04-2006 01:21 PM

Clements is yielding a competitive sports team?

News to me.

Chato 09-04-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg no re
Clements is yielding a competitive sports team?

News to me.


They are like queens of tennis, golf & succer I hear. All them manly activities.

kbourda 09-04-2006 05:00 PM

6-Man football doesn't count!*lol*

kbourda 09-04-2006 05:01 PM

Just kidding!

StarStruck 09-06-2006 12:20 AM

I thought that Clements had a decent team in the district last year. In the Fort Bend district it is usually an unknown from year to year which three teams that will make the playoffs only to lose in the first round.

BradK10 09-08-2006 07:30 PM

Clements might have been good in that shoddy district, but Katy put the whoopin' on them in the first round of the playoffs.

MikeMc 09-12-2006 02:59 PM

But the real question, how many times was he sacked!!

Boxscore 09-12-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg no re
Clements is yielding a competitive sports team?

News to me.

Clements always has better than average baseball teams

StarStruck 09-15-2006 11:27 PM

He didn't light it up tonight against Hightower. My best guess was perhaps 7 or 8 completions out of 18 or 19 attempts, 2 interceptions and a sack. Hightower made numerous mistakes, e.g., two safeties among other things, but managed to hold on an win 13-12.

Hulk75 09-27-2006 10:09 PM

Re: David Carrs little bro lights it up............
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LMBH (Post 440931)
He didn't light it up tonight against Hightower. My best guess was perhaps 7 or 8 completions out of 18 or 19 attempts, 2 interceptions and a sack. Hightower made numerous mistakes, e.g., two safeties among other things, but managed to hold on an win 13-12.

He is a sophmore old timer.

infantrycak 09-27-2006 10:13 PM

Re: David Carrs little bro lights it up............
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk75 (Post 454979)
He is a sophmore old timer.

Hey now--LMBH is a very nice person who is just calling it as she sees it. No need to go too far.

Hulk75 09-27-2006 10:18 PM

Re: David Carrs little bro lights it up............
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 454986)
Hey now--LMBH is a very nice person who is just calling it as she sees it. No need to go too far.

I apologize mam! Thought it was a guy, just poking fun.:D

edo783 09-27-2006 11:00 PM

Re: David Carrs little bro lights it up............
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk75 (Post 454993)
I apologize mam! Thought it was a guy, just poking fun.:D

And 58 isn't an oldtimer either!:francis:

StarStruck 09-28-2006 10:57 PM

Re: David Carrs little bro lights it up............
 
Lol, all is cool. However I was at the Hightower game and either he is a work in progress or HT's defence is well above average. I thought it was interesting that reports only showed DC's number of attempts, but excluded the completions, something like 19-7. I will agree though that as a sophmore the best could be yet to come.

TexansSeminole 10-03-2006 12:27 AM

Re: David Carrs little bro lights it up............
 
I played for Clements in '05. The running back Chris Lenoir is going to be a great player and he is only a junior. Another good player is Elliot Coffey, he is Derrick's #1 guy. He also plays defense, with two picks on the year. He played CB when I played with him, his sophomore year, but I think they may have moved him to safety(?)...he is pretty tall (6'1).

Derrick Carr's stats as of now through five games is as this:

Derek Carr 39 A for 79 C 5 INTS 627 YDS 9TDS

And on Clements' football team, they just got a new coach when I was a senior, in '05. Jeff Hulme. He is a good coach and brought in a whole new coaching staff. Our old coaching staff was so bad I quit playing football after my freshman year. When we got a new coaching staff I played for my senior year and we started getting better, finished 5-5. Last year they made the playoffs and this year it looks pretty good. The future looks pretty good too, as Chris Lenoir is seriously talented, and Derrick Carr is only a sophomore. John Hoke's son is only a sophomore too, he plays linebacker/safety and QB. He is actully a pretty good QB, but he is a better defender. He used to play safety, but from what I hear now, he plays linebacker.

Chris Lenoir's stats are as follows:

Chris Lenoir 155 A 968 YDS 6.2 YPC 10 TDS (LEADS CLASS 5A in YDS, ATTEMPTS, and TDS)
with: 39 A - 291 YDS and 3TDS vs. Elkins in their 4th game
and: 42 A - 245 YDS and 1 TD vs. Kempner in their last (5th) game (KYLE HOKE ALSO HAD AN INT TO SEAL THE GAME IN THIS ONE)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger