Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Roy Williams is an Animal! Be Afraid...Very Afraid! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2698)

Kingzofthejungle 09-15-2004 09:59 AM

Roy Williams is an Animal! Be Afraid...Very Afraid!

http://www.freep.com/sports/lions/lions15e_20040915.htm lol:

Tailgate 09-15-2004 10:40 AM

Don't forget where Roy Williams came from.

JustBonee 09-15-2004 10:45 AM

Don't need to read up on Williams to know who he is!
People in Texas know what he's about .. after all, he's a Texas boy.
Texas and Odessa Permian.

DetroitLions 09-15-2004 11:02 AM

Andre is a WR...

Kingzofthejungle 09-15-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SassyTexan
Don't need to read up on Williams to know who he is!
People in Texas know what he's about .. after all, he's a Texas boy.
Texas and Odessa Permian.

We all know he came from Texas. My wife is from Longview. I just thought you might be interested in reading a local story about him. I am sure he will be amped to put on a show for the local viewers in Texas. :boxing:

jacquescas 09-15-2004 12:23 PM

unfortuneatly we have a weapon to stop Roy. Aaron Glenn. Say what you want, but a rookie WR starting his 2nd game of the season is going to have trouble matched up against an all-pro multiple probowl corner all night. Glenn will shut down Williams and leave Dunta to hand Tai Streets.

Roy Williams will have a tough time making an impact this week. As for the rest of the season, i think he will be a stud, this week he will learn alot since he will be the key focus of the defense.

texasguy346 09-15-2004 12:28 PM

Roy is a very talented WR, and I expect him to have a very good NFL career. I just hope he doesn't have the hammy problems that plagued him at Texas. Still I'd take AJ over Roy, and that's not just 'homerism'. AJ is a TO type of receiver without the big mouth or ego. He's a down to earth and quiet WR. I must admit I was a bit surprised at the intensity he showed against the Chargers. He slammed the Chargers safety to the field after he got in his face after the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

SBTexans08 09-15-2004 12:33 PM

That guy asked for it though....he kept on pushing A.J. well after the play and A.J. just needed to show him there's none of that going on while he's on the field! :boxing:

TheOgre 09-15-2004 12:36 PM

I'd take Roy over C Rogers or AJ. Detroit got a steal when they traded down ONE SLOT and got Roy plus a 2nd rounder.

I think it was Roy who played the Midland Lee Coach (Odessa Permain's big rival) in that upcoming movie Friday Night Lights.

texasguy346 09-15-2004 12:38 PM

That's why I enjoyed the play so much. AJ manhandled him almost like Turley manhandled that Jets DB when he was still with the Saints. Never a bad thing when a WR's strength reminds you of a OLineman. It's when a WR's speed reminds you of a OLineman that you're in trouble (Keyshawn). Only kidding.

TexansTrueFan 09-15-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasguy346
Roy is a very talented WR, and I expect him to have a very good NFL career. I just hope he doesn't have the hammy problems that plagued him at Texas. Still I'd take AJ over Roy, and that's not just 'homerism'. AJ is a TO type of receiver without the big mouth or ego. He's a down to earth and quiet WR. I must admit I was a bit surprised at the intensity he showed against the Chargers. He slammed the Chargers safety to the field after he got in his face after the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Yeah you see where that CB put up his hand for AJ to help him up and AJ slapped his hand away ....

DetroitLions 09-15-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
haha sorry buddy, you didnt outsmart me :) i know the members of our team. dom implemented puttin andre on roy, dont be scared or nervous though.....hes only 6-2 230 runs under a 4.4 and has 40 inch vert.

numbers mean nothing... unless he played CB in college, AJ wouldnt be a good corner... Corner is a technique position, and it would be stupid to put a WR at the DB position... as far as Aaron Glenn... he got smoked by Gates, who hasnt played football in 4 years...

SBTexans08 09-15-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitLions
Corner is a technique position, and it would be stupid to put a WR at the DB position... as far as Aaron Glenn... he got smoked by Gates, who hasnt played football in 4 years...

...so much for technique huh? :hehe:

[/JOKE!!]

mes311 09-15-2004 02:18 PM

I think that was Eric Brown that kept getting burned by Gates.

DetroitLions 09-15-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBTexans08
...so much for technique huh? :hehe:

[/JOKE!!]

huh? did i miss something?

Vinny 09-15-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

numbers mean nothing... unless he played CB in college, AJ wouldnt be a good corner... Corner is a technique position, and it would be stupid to put a WR at the DB position... as far as Aaron Glenn... he got smoked by Gates, who hasnt played football in 4 years...

Actually Glenn had the short zone and the FS Coleman was the one smoked by Parker and Brees. Parker was Coleman's resposibility on that play. Brees looked Coleman off and he bit hard.

DetroitLions 09-15-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mes311
I think that was Eric Brown that kept getting burned by Gates.

i dunno who was covering the whole game, but on the NFL network they said Gates was stepping up earlier then expected, and he did so well the Texans had to put Aaron Glenn on him, and then it showed a replay Glenn getting burned by Gates 1 time...

SBTexans08 09-15-2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

huh? did i miss something?

*sighs*

You said that corner is a technique position yet a guy that hadn't played football in 4 years burned a guy that is recognized as being one of the best at his positions in the NFL......so much for technique.

Did you miss something.....yeah, it's long gone too....went way over your head. :hehe:

SBTexans08 09-15-2004 02:28 PM

I did hear something about Glenn covering Gates a couple of times but for the most part it was Eric Brown getting burned (covering) Antonio Gates.

DetroitLions 09-15-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBTexans08
*sighs*

You said that corner is a technique position yet a guy that hadn't played football in 4 years burned a guy that is recognized as being one of the best at his positions in the NFL......so much for technique.

Did you miss something.....yeah, it's long gone too....went way over your head. :hehe:

i said cornerback is a techniqe position, not WR... so i think my point is the one that is long gone...