Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   prior to kickoff.... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2568)

jacquescas 09-11-2004 06:04 PM

prior to kickoff....
 
I'm gonna be watching the game on TV from home...

its 18 hours from kickoff and these are the thoughts going through my mind...

Do i have enough food to last the whole game?

Should i go out tonight, risk the chance of getting too drunk and sleeping through the first half?

what am i going to do the hour prior to kickoff?

do i need more beer?

SDBoltz 09-11-2004 09:03 PM

chargers win
 
I am thinking the same especially since it starts at 10:00 SD time. But more along the lines of will i miss L.T.'s first 50 yard run of the season. Will i miss Antonio Gates abusing the Texan secondary in the first quarter. Will i miss the first 5 sacks on david carr

HoustonTexans4Life 09-11-2004 09:11 PM

Na how can ya miss it when it wont happen ,,,thats crazy dont worry you WONT miss none of that i mean you will never see any of that tomorrow. so chill SDboltz

SDBoltz 09-11-2004 09:18 PM

chargers win
 
i will bet you money tomlinson has at least 85 yards by half time

Reddevil63 09-11-2004 09:22 PM

TOTAL yards, ya probably, but San Diego as a team will only have 100. :crazy:

thetexanator 09-11-2004 09:36 PM

im guessing the d will be focusing on the run tommorow. SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!

SDBoltz 09-11-2004 09:54 PM

chargers win
 
Go ahead focus on the run. We expect you to do that, it's only going to help our playaction fakes. especially if you leave anyone in single coverage on erik Parker

Low Life 09-11-2004 09:54 PM

i hear you...
 
i'm way too excited. well i guess you can't be too excited but i don't think i can sleep tonight. i'm getting that warm feeling. 13 hours away :headbang:

TEXANS84 09-11-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDBoltz
Will i miss the first 5 sacks on david carr

SDBoltz...go home troll.

This isn't 2002.

SDBoltz 09-11-2004 09:57 PM

chargers win
 
:headbang: I think everyone is excited. Not just to watch their team but the fact that you can watch NFL football for 4 qtrs for the first time since january. Yep Football all day and night tomorrow. Get to watch the Chargers romp early then watch the afternoon games :headbang:

Reddevil63 09-11-2004 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDBoltz
Go ahead focus on the run. We expect you to do that, it's only going to help our playaction fakes. especially if you leave anyone in single coverage on erik Parker

I think we have 4 corners who can shut down Erik Parker (whoever that is) in single coverage..

Aaron Glenn - without a doubt
Dunta Robinson - going to suprise alot of people
Demarcus Faggins - shut down Marvin Harrison for an entire game
Kenny Wright - stepped in when Glenn went down last year and played well

... try again

thetexanator 09-11-2004 10:17 PM

ahahahhaaha, brees negates the playaction. my left arm has more strength than brees........im righthanded. ERIK PARKER??????? the only thing hes gunna do tommorrow is make dunta look like champ bailey. SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT!

SDBoltz 09-11-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddevil63
I think we have 4 corners who can shut down Erik Parker (whoever that is) in single coverage..

Aaron Glenn - without a doubt
Dunta Robinson - going to suprise alot of people
Demarcus Faggins - shut down Marvin Harrison for an entire game
Kenny Wright - stepped in when Glenn went down last year and played well

... try again

Glenn is a damn good player. So is Parker I just wished he hadn't got hurt early last year so i would have numbers to back up my claims.... and i'm not worried about anybody named faggins covering parker although if I were him i would watch my butt... literally. It takes a full season for a CB to get acclimated to the NFL. Unless they are Charles Woodson or even Quentin Jammer to an extent. But 1 on 1 anyone can get beat especially the way brees fakes and if there isnt a whole lot of pressure on the play which is bound to happen at some point in the game. Erik Parker does not drop passes. I'm a Charger fan I have seen a ton of dropped passes. He is a playmaker. but lets say someone does have him covered. Who is going to cover antonio gates 1 on 1??? He doesnt drop passes either. He is the reason we cut Josh Norman. Norman was a great route runner and could get open but he couldnt catch that was the one knock on him, as much as I liked him.

DominatorDavis 09-11-2004 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDBoltz
i will bet you money tomlinson has at least 85 yards by half time

whats your credit card number...

Who the hell is Josh Norman? "The Chargers front office cut the soda pop machine guy because the drinks weren't cold..."

texasguy346 09-11-2004 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DominatorDavis
whats your credit card number...

You'll probably have to rephrase that question or else he may not understand it and give you his Social Security number. Try and be specific like "Whats the numbers on that plastic colored card in your wallet that feels all bumpy". Gotta speak slowly and use small words with some of these Chargers fans.

DominatorDavis 09-11-2004 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasguy346
You'll probably have to rephrase that question or else he may not understand it and give you his Social Security number. Try and be specific like "Whats the numbers on that plastic colored card in your wallet that feels all bumpy". Gotta speak slowly and use small words with some of these Chargers fans.


lol :thumbup

I am jacked for tomorrow - i cant sleep

texasguy346 09-11-2004 11:52 PM

I'll be able to sleep, but I'll probably wake up early and count the minutes till game time while I'm stuck listening to the talking heads. Oh well. Got a few friends coming over to watch the game, some pizza, some beer, and the Texans playing. Can't get much better than that.

HoustonTexans4Life 09-11-2004 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDBoltz
Glenn is a damn good player. So is Parker I just wished he hadn't got hurt early last year so i would have numbers to back up my claims.... and i'm not worried about anybody named faggins covering parker although if I were him i would watch my butt... literally. It takes a full season for a CB to get acclimated to the NFL. Unless they are Charles Woodson or even Quentin Jammer to an extent. But 1 on 1 anyone can get beat especially the way brees fakes and if there isnt a whole lot of pressure on the play which is bound to happen at some point in the game. Erik Parker does not drop passes. I'm a Charger fan I have seen a ton of dropped passes. He is a playmaker. but lets say someone does have him covered. Who is going to cover antonio gates 1 on 1??? He doesnt drop passes either. He is the reason we cut Josh Norman. Norman was a great route runner and could get open but he couldnt catch that was the one knock on him, as much as I liked him.

MAN come on what are ya thinking about i never even heard of these damn recievers you making up names ???? well how bout this i bet L.T dont get 85 yards the whole game,,,,and brees throws at least 2 picks and one will be by Marcus Coleman "ever heard of him" ,,,,,,man come on this is a little one sided how come none of ur little san diego friends are here to back you up ??? maybe cause they've already faced the facts. But ur one of those positive thinkers "thats good" but leaves ya open for disapointment. Sorry pal !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger