Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas High School Football (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   The 2006 High School Football Thread (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25661)

StarStruck 07-27-2006 11:42 AM

The 2006 High School Football Thread

Personally, I am as excited about the beginning of football season from high school all the way through the pros.

I especially enjoy cheering, encouraging and congratulating the high school kids including the dance teams, cheerleaders and band on their accomplishments. I applaud those who put forth the effort that could include serious injury, to provide entertainment in their respective communities at affordable prices.

2005 HS football thread

flylikeaneagle 07-31-2006 09:18 PM

I need to catch some games down here. One thing I miss about PA is football season up there. The state is High School football crazy -- almost like Texas. I still like to think about the USA TODAY National Championship years.... three times. Good ol days.

aj. 07-31-2006 09:48 PM

What part of town are you in?

In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough. Ft. Bend Marshall is also a fast rising power. Look for the good matchups -- try to hit the nice stadiums like Cy Fair, Galena Park, Katy and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.

flylikeaneagle 07-31-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj.
What part of town are you in?

In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough. Ft. Bend Marshall is also a fast rising power. Look for the good matchups -- try to hit the nice stadiums like Cy Fair, Galena Park, Katy and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.

I live in Atascocita but I am sure I am going to hit up a Katy and a Woodlands game this year.

aj. 07-31-2006 10:12 PM

You're very close to North Shore as well. Pick one of their more competitive games at Galena Park Stadium. They have some weak sisters in their District so be careful of the opponent - otherwise you'll see their second string in the second quarter. LaPorte is probably going to be the next best team in that District this year.

flylikeaneagle 07-31-2006 10:26 PM

Okay... will check them out. Thanks.

BradK10 07-31-2006 11:51 PM

Katy plays there first two games, @ Klein and @ The Woodlands. Make the drive up to Conroe for the Katy/Woodlands game, but find a way to get tickets early. It's an hour+ drive for Katy fans, but they'll approach selling out the visitor side of that stadium.

HoustonFan 08-01-2006 12:02 AM

Go Klein Forest!!!!! They've been in the mix quite a bit these past couple of seasons. Hoping that they get over that hump, though.

TexanSam 08-01-2006 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonFan
Go Klein Forest!!!!! They've been in the mix quite a bit these past couple of seasons. Hoping that they get over that hump, though.

I hope Klein kick their butt. Not likely seeing as Klein is only good in soccer and baseball, but I can always hope.

YoungTexanFan 08-01-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

That seems odd coming from you, since you have the Katy Mustang in your avatar.

StarStruck 08-01-2006 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan

It's been a while since Taylor has had a standout program.

Lufkin will travel to Houston this year to play Aldine Eisenhower which should be a good game, probably moreso for Lufkin. LaMarque also usually fields a good team, and they will play at Reliant Stadium 9/1.

I need to fill in my football calendar before I miss a game that I will regret.

swtbound07 08-01-2006 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMBH
It's been a while since Taylor has had a standout program.

Lufkin will travel to Houston this year to play Aldine Eisenhower which should be a good game, probably moreso for Lufkin. LaMarque also usually fields a good team, and they will play at Reliant Stadium 9/1.

I need to fill in my football calendar before I miss a game that I will regret.

Im from La Marque...have been watching some of the practices and such. They are going to be a VERY strong team this year.....like playing for state strong. I haven't seen a team this good since the 95 squad

aj. 08-01-2006 06:47 AM

LaMarque is loaded again and should take 23-4A. They have an offensive lineman who's all-everything and has already pledged to UT. They also have a Top 100 DB. Friendswood has one of the best LB corps in the state, 4A at least, so it will be fun to watch those two square off in District. I will see Friendswood early in the season.

Speaking of Conroe, Moorhead Stadium is another one of those older but nice stadiums to watch a game. I think I read somewhere that they are getting approval to build a new one.

HoustonFan 08-01-2006 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan

Actually that avatar is the logo for the SMU Mustangs.

HoustonFan 08-01-2006 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam
I hope Klein kick their butt. Not likely seeing as Klein is only good in soccer and baseball, but I can always hope.

Unlikely that Klein gets KFin football, but I agree w/ you on the soccer. Klein and Kingwood were awesome in soccer. Much like you hope for Klein to beat KF in football, I hope for KF to beat Klein in soccer.

But anyway, go KF!!!

bigtex77 08-04-2006 08:18 AM

I am looking forward to watching Barbers Hill play after moving up to 4-A, it will be interesting to see how they compete.

real 08-04-2006 08:33 AM

Watch out for those Elsik RAMS!!!!

aj. 08-04-2006 06:56 PM

Re-posting the link to the board on Rivals for Greater Houston.

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/foru...id=797&style=2

Boxscore 08-05-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
I need to catch some games down here. One thing I miss about PA is football season up there. The state is High School football crazy -- almost like Texas. I still like to think about the USA TODAY National Championship years.... three times. Good ol days.

Where in PA Flylikeaneagle? Are you referring to Central Bucks West HS in Doylestown?

TexanSam 08-07-2006 01:18 AM

Quote:

Unlikely that Klein gets KFin football, but I agree w/ you on the soccer. Klein and Kingwood were awesome in soccer. Much like you hope for Klein to beat KF in football, I hope for KF to beat Klein in soccer.

But anyway, go KF!!!

Klein never seems to get the good players. Last year, had we beaten you guys, we would have made the state playoffs for the first time in close to a decade. I think you won by making an interception. Klein just has bad luck or no talent in football. And when we do have talent, it's not utilized properly. For example, in 2001 or 2002 (can't remember) we had Robert Killebrew (LB for UT) and Ashton Youbouty (drafted by the Bills in the 3rd round, starter at Ohio St.) on defense. We had an awesome running back named Treeo Gibson. Our coach was terrible. He quit or was fired a few years ago and is the head coach at Magnolia High School. I don't think they won a game his first two years there.