Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   should dallas and houston be a regular thing (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24)

torro_1 04-29-2004 03:56 PM

should dallas and houston be a regular thing

simply put, dallas and houston exsist in the same state, when they come together it is a good game, I would like to see them play on a regular basis, do yall feel the same? If so how could it happen? If not why. :cool:

Carr Bombed 04-29-2004 04:02 PM

i grew up in houston and a couple of years ago i had to move just south of dallas and everytime i wore any texans jerseys i would hear alot of crap and how the cowboys were going to kick our ass , when the texans beat them i was in heaven , that was also the whole reason why their coach was fired
everybody in dallas was walking around like someone just peed in ther cereal
at work nobody talked to me for a week i had the biggest smile on my face i think they should at least play once every two years

Fertguy 04-29-2004 04:03 PM

It would be pretty cool, and create a rivalry where one really can't exist with annual preaseason and two games a decade. However, in order to do that the league would have to come up with a "rivalry" for 32 different teams. That just isn't possible and the 4 division, 2 conference scheduling system that they have now is very workable and makes sense. Don't get me wrong.. I would be all for it, but it can't work.

rittenhouserobz 04-29-2004 04:09 PM

I think it is a good idea. I am just not sure if it is a practical for the NFL. Then again Dallas is still in the NFC East.

TheOgre 04-29-2004 04:16 PM

Hmmm

It would be fun but not practical. Every team would have to have a rivalry game. Plus there are only 2 games in the schedule that are related to the previous season's rankings.

Exascor 04-29-2004 05:30 PM

It would be nice for every team to have a rivaly game each season. It couldn't happen until after the current schedule rotation is over in around 6 years, but it would be great for the areas where "cross town" rivals exist.

Giants/Jets
49ers/Raiders
Texans/Cowboys
Ravens/Redskins

The problem would be with teams that really don't have a natural rival, their rival is already in the division or there's more than one "natural" rival (Tampa Bay, Miami and Jacksonville).

BTW: I predict that :banana: will be the most used smilie. :)

done88 04-29-2004 09:06 PM

Yes

Of course. The Texans need a steady dose of cowgirl stomping to start every season.

gwallaia 04-30-2004 08:34 AM

Governor's Cup

Most likely the Governor's Cup pre-season series will resume.

66cobra 04-30-2004 09:05 AM

of course, both my dad and a coach here at the school where I work are Cowboy fans and I have to pick on them like I did when Houston won the very 1st game in Texans history.

Blake 04-30-2004 09:13 AM

I like the idea of playing Dallas every year. But I think the Titans will become our rivals.

El Tejano 04-30-2004 09:26 AM

I think it is good for the game itself and it would ensure a win for the Texans each year.

SBTexans08 04-30-2004 11:26 AM

I think it'd be great if we played them every other year. I love throwing our first win in their face! :D

Blake 04-30-2004 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano
I think it is good for the game itself and it would ensure a win for the Texans each year.

Im not sure if you noticed, but last season Dallas rocked, and we went home with a 5-11 record. Also the scorched us in preseason. Im not saying that this year we wouldnt give them a run for their money, but if we faced Dallas this year, my money would be on Dallas. Parcels has that team fireing on all cylinders.

If we played them this year I could see an outcome of a Dallas win. 27-17.

JMHO.

SBTexans08 04-30-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Im not sure if you noticed, but last season Dallas rocked, and we went home with a 5-11 record. Also the scorched us in preseason. Im not saying that this year we wouldnt give them a run for their money, but if we faced Dallas this year, my money would be on Dallas. Parcels has that team fireing on all cylinders.

JMHO.

Good point but we also took the Pats into overtime when the Crygirls got outplayed by Bellichek and Co in a blow out 12-0. We also beat the Panthers, Cowboys won one and got blown out in the last Panthers/ Cowboys game. We also beat Miami....Miami swamped Cowboys in an embarrasing loss on Thanksgiving. I think the victory would be up for grabs and even during the '03 season when we played very competetively having several on IR. I think we would beat them in a blow out if we were playing this year, just by the way things have gone for Houston in the off-season...JMHO as well.

V Man 04-30-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_ROCK

JMHO.

Yeah, but if look back two years ago, I bet the Cowgirls had a better record than us when it was all said in done. But who won the match-up. :banana: Some teams just beat other teams no matter what their records are.

OzzO 04-30-2004 01:22 PM

Nah. I think it'll be better when we smoke 'em in the first ever All Texas superbowl. Between Houston and Dallas (eventually) most likely going into the superbowl rotation, we can even time it so we play it in our state.

Heck, we're big enough to support the tv revenue, right? :D

BigTex 04-30-2004 01:30 PM

Hey, I wouldn't mind beating up on the CowGirls everyear. I think we need to play them every opening day for a few seasons. I think it could give us some momentum and a good start to the season.

keyfro 04-30-2004 02:04 PM

it should be a yearly thing because it's big texas rivalry game...everyone in the state wants to watch it...it's good for the fans and the teams...and come on...what's better than seeing g-funk yell at jerry jones :D

SBTexans08 04-30-2004 02:09 PM

I think once every 4 years bulids up a lot of hype....makes it more exciting when the time finally comes for the game. If it were to be every year, it would lose it's vibrancy IMHO. It would still be exciting but not as much...know what I mean? ;)

keyfro 04-30-2004 02:14 PM

yeah i do...but that's a regular season game...we can still play pre-season games against each other and not take anything away from that...the pre-season games are like teasers...they show you for like 20 mins what the game could be like then the second and third teamers go out