Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Dump Palmer NOW!!! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2089)

BigDTexansFan 08-21-2004 07:10 PM

Dump Palmer NOW!!!

He calls 2 running plays which don't work, so in 3rd and loooong (which anyone knows is a passing down)..he throws. I mean if he is no smarter than that maybe we need to let David call his own plays, you can't keep calling conservative football take some chances Palmer or let QB call his game we might lose but we sure won't lose games like we have trying to play it SAFE...he did that last week instead of going for end zone when we had ball on 6 he called running plays......I know I saw several times last season where Carr would come off field and talk on phone and then in frustration throw it down... :twocents:

TexSon 08-21-2004 07:25 PM

It's the PRESEASON. :twocents:

Fiddy 08-21-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexSon
It's the PRESEASON. :twocents:

Excatly, there was no game plan for this game. Calm down...

utahmark 08-21-2004 07:47 PM

who cares its preseason. hes not trying to confuse anyone, he's evaluating players.

Huge 08-21-2004 07:53 PM

Yep, it's preseason but it looks as if some are already in mid-season form. :rofl:

OzzO 08-21-2004 08:14 PM

Ummm... maybe it's to see what Hollings and our O-line can do on a run play? Noticed there were no issues on the Dallas game. Welcome to preseason.

Dump i d i o t ic posts NOW!!!! (Gotta put the spaces in to get a point across.)

Hervoyel 08-21-2004 08:16 PM

Damn that was quick. Not even halftime of the second preseason game and someone is already calling for Palmers head. Anyone around here know if that was a record or not?

Huge 08-21-2004 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
No kidding dude! Remind me of the games last season when we go 3rd and out for 3 series in a row and in 9 plays we don't attemp a pass > than 10 yards.
:headbang:

Palmer bashing is also in mis season form also. Who can blame them though... we seen this thing happen so many times.

Actually it was the Palmer bashers I was referring to.

swisher 08-21-2004 08:33 PM

I thought this thread was someone being sarcastic.....wow. :thumbdown

DR#1 08-21-2004 08:45 PM

in my opinion i don't think it's Palmer, but i'm not seeing anything from Tony Hollings

Fiddy 08-21-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR#1
in my opinion i don't think it's Palmer, but i'm not seeing anything from Tony Hollings

Have you seen how bad the offensive line has looked?!?!?!?!? They are opening no holes for Hollings to run through...

OzzO 08-21-2004 08:57 PM

Dang... so THAT'S where our playbook ended up before it was found!!!

Hervoyel 08-21-2004 08:57 PM

Capers wanted consistency this week and I guess he got it. The team is consistently bad. It's no big deal at this point. The starters came in and were stuck in neutral the first couple of series. They seemed to be putting it together and getting on track just about the time they were done for the night.

Fiddy 08-21-2004 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caddy
At least our offence and defence are on the same page.Too
bad the steeler read that page also.

Yeah maybe the Steelers are reading Peek's playbook...

DR#1 08-21-2004 08:57 PM

yea i just hope we learn from our mistakes and don't make the same ones during the regular season cuz this score looks bad, but we are also away

:boxing:

gwallaia 08-21-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Damn that was quick. Not even halftime of the second preseason game and someone is already calling for Palmers head. Anyone around here know if that was a record or not?

Sadly, it is not the record for this message board.

mulpwr 08-21-2004 09:28 PM

I am sure he is a better offensive cordinator then he was a head coach.

texasguy346 08-21-2004 09:37 PM

What? No love for Palmer? I say blame the waterboy. He didn't have that water & gatorade there fast enough for the players. How can they perform if they aren't properly hydrated? FIRE THE WATERBOY!!!!! :hehe:

mes311 08-21-2004 09:38 PM

I didn't realize they had found that playbook.

Hervoyel 08-21-2004 09:42 PM

Well, New England got the snot stomped out of them by the Bengals so we're in good company. For the record I'd like to say that IMO there are only two kinds of teams that dominate preseason games. One type is good plain and simple. They're so good and so deep that they're going to win more often than not whether it's preseason or the regular season. The other kind are your bad teams trying to build momentum. I'm not saying the Steelers fall into this catagory at all. If you take it that way you miss my point. I'm talking about the Texans here. The Texans aren't trying to win out in preseason. They're going about their business trying to work on their execution (didn't do very well tonight) and evaluate their players. They're looking at things and of course trying to win but the victory is secondary to the work and avoiding injury as much as possible. Patriots fans aren't coming unglued asking for the head of their offensive coordinator over a preseason game because they know it doesn't count and they know the teams coaches know it doesn't count.

Apparently at least one Texans fan does not know how to properly appreciate an NFL preseason game.

I like to see the Texans look good. I like to see them win. I'd rather see them work out the kinks in preseason and lose bad but squeak by someone two months from now than see them win all four of their preseason games but still stink it up in the regular season when everyone else starts trying.