Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Avatar Bet, Inspired by HowBoutThemCowboys (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1922)

Ihategeeks 08-15-2004 10:35 PM

The Avatar Bet, Inspired by HowBoutThemCowboys

Week Two the Lions Face off vs your Texans

Anyone want to wager regular season avatars on it?

I bet you my avatar the Lions win that Game. Any takers?

Hervoyel 08-16-2004 12:36 PM

Re: The Avatar Bet, Inspired by HowBoutThemCowboys

I will take that action provided that we're talking about a change of avatar's for the week following the game and not the entire season. I'd get sick of it long before the end of the season if I lost (but I don't think I need to worry about that one, I've got some confidence in my guys).

Avatar change for one week? If so count me in.

Ediddy73 08-16-2004 12:47 PM

same here Herv. I'll take it for a week. Feel free to browse our avatars and find the Texans one that you like best, Ihategeeks.

Panther5407 08-16-2004 07:54 PM

Umm, I guess i will be in the group but someone will have to remind me cause after football practice everyday my mind goes blank.

Ihategeeks 08-16-2004 08:13 PM

No shy stuff, the entire Regular Season.

:boxing:
Isn't anyone confident enough to make this bet ?

Hervoyel 08-16-2004 09:25 PM

It's not a question of confidence IHG. It's a question of simply not wanting to get locked into a Lion avatar for an entire season. What happens the following week or a month later when someone wants to throw that bet out again over Titans avatars or Colts avatars? What if I want to take that bet but I'm already locked into a Lion avatar for the rest of the year. It's one game in a long season and winning it (or losing it) isn't going to make or break the year.

I'll wear your Lion for a week if you win and only ask you to wear my Bull for a week if you lose. After that I'm on to division opponents. Out of 16 games the Lions only get my attention for one week. After that they won't be on my radar again unless we're playing in the Super Bowl and they're on the opposite side (A sweet mental picture if I do say so myself)

That's plenty fair enough. Believe me I don't relish the idea of having to wear that blue blob you call a Lion for an hour, much less a week. Thing is I know I won't have to. You're going to enjoy the pride that comes with wearing the Bull though.

Ihategeeks 08-16-2004 09:47 PM

Sorry, but it's the season or nothing at all for me. If you don't believe in your team enough to take a bigger risk. I don't want hear about it.

Where are the real Texans fans? :boxing:

Ihategeeks 08-17-2004 12:40 AM

Bah, cowards the whole lot of ya. :boxing: :cool: :boxing:

D-ReK 08-17-2004 01:10 AM

LET'S GO, PLAYBOY...I'LL PUT MY AVY UP AGAINST YA...YOU BETTER HOPE HARRINGTON WILL RAISE HIS QB RATING OVER 64 THIS YEAR... :boxing:

TexansCanes 08-17-2004 01:45 AM

i'm down for that just remind me about it the week before or something, i usually forget stuff.

Ihategeeks 08-17-2004 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-ReK
LET'S GO, PLAYBOY...I'LL PUT MY AVY UP AGAINST YA...YOU BETTER HOPE HARRINGTON WILL RAISE HIS QB RATING OVER 64 THIS YEAR... :boxing:

We have a winner.

:headbang:

I am sure Carr and his 69 rate will come out and shock the world :crazy:

(I love being a homer)

Ihategeeks 09-13-2004 09:45 AM

Anymore Takers now that the Lions Lost thier #1 Offensive and Defensive players for the game?

:crazy: :thumbdown

pv1999 09-13-2004 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansCanes
i'm down for that just remind me about it the week before or something, i usually forget stuff.

Can I have you avitar if you lose? We can't lose a good one like that.

TheOgre 09-13-2004 12:37 PM

Pretty easy there IHG's. You lose you don't come back to the board. If we lose we are forced to have a Lion's icon on a TEXANS MG. Hardly seems like an even bet.

TheOgre 09-13-2004 12:38 PM

Oh almost forgot to mention. Harrington is a self-proclaimed geek. I saw an interview with him where teammates were making fun of him for it.

TexanDave 09-13-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOgre
Pretty easy there IHG's. You lose you don't come back to the board. If we lose we are forced to have a Lion's icon on a TEXANS MG. Hardly seems like an even bet.

I agree with Ogre. If IHG loses he will never be seen again.

brickmantexanfan 09-14-2004 06:37 AM

me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Anymore Takers now that the Lions Lost thier #1 Offensive and Defensive players for the game?

:crazy: :thumbdown

I want some count me in.I heard Lions taste like chicken :boxing:
We must win,You must loose

Ihategeeks 09-14-2004 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOgre
Oh almost forgot to mention. Harrington is a self-proclaimed geek. I saw an interview with him where teammates were making fun of him for it.

He clearly said he was a dork :rofl:

texasguy346 09-14-2004 07:44 PM

I remember him claiming to be a dork too. Wasn't it part of a MNF piece on him and some other NFL players who could play instruments?

Diehardtexan 09-15-2004 04:43 PM

Who the hell is Harrington? :hmmm: