Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Holy Schmokes!! Ricky Williams Retired (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1424)

Vinny 07-25-2004 12:05 AM

Holy Schmokes!! Ricky Williams Retired

Just reported on ESPN. Unreal. I hope you havn't drafted in your FFL's yet.

scourge 07-25-2004 12:06 AM

I just was coming here to post that! I wish he'd change his mind, he had a promising future...

Nawzer 07-25-2004 12:15 AM

I won't believe it until I see it coming from Ricky Williams' mouth. But it's still very strange that he would consider doing something like this.

RTP2110 07-25-2004 12:16 AM

Ricky Williams as in Miami Dolphins/Texas Longhorns Ricky Williams??

Fiddy 07-25-2004 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTP2110
Ricky Williams as in Miami Dolphins/Texas Longhorns Ricky Williams??

Yep!!!! And they could have gotten Steven Jackson, Chris Perry, Kevin Jones, etc. in the draft if he would have told them sooner!!!! The Dolphins are screwed...

keyfro 07-25-2004 12:21 AM

this makes absolutely no sense what so ever...why retire after only 5 years...he has no bad injuries that come to mind...he's in miami of all places...why retire...there must be more to this story

Nawzer 07-25-2004 12:21 AM

I guess Ricky couldn't stand Shaq getting all the attention there so he had go make a bigger splash! hehe..

keyfro 07-25-2004 12:23 AM

espn's website says they wonder if it's like robert smith and drugs being the reason...it doesn't seem like ricky to be into drugs but who knows

RTP2110 07-25-2004 12:24 AM

Unbelieveable!!!

I thought this was a prank thread, and that it was Indianapolis Colts/Texas Tech Red Raiders Ricky Williams. I wonder what made him decide to retire?

scourge 07-25-2004 12:26 AM

This article is the most i have found...

Fiddy 07-25-2004 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTP2110
I wonder what made him decide to retire?

He said he didnt want to play anymore, wasnt in his heart and he felt he would hurt the team if he went out there and didnt give it his all...

RTP2110 07-25-2004 12:31 AM

I think he's hurting the team more by retiring. LoL

ArlingtonTexan 07-25-2004 12:32 AM

Ricky has always been a different kinda of dude. Of the guys in the league that would wake one morning and not want to play anymore; he tops the list of person who would join the Barry sanders and Robert Smith fraternity of I am just quitting.

Williams carried the ball a ton at UT and in his years in the pros. I respect guys who quit early(even at the wrong time) more than those who hang collecting paychecks and destroying thier bodies when the player does not have the heart to compete.

HowBoutThemCowboys! 07-25-2004 12:40 AM

All the draft picks they wasted and all the money. Ricky, Ricky, Ricky. I thought he was going to be big. Dang, they could of grabbed some awesome rb in the draft. Such a bad time to retire. Phins are done for this season. Feel sorry for the fans. the season ended early for them today. Good luck in 06' and let the rebuilding begin

ccdude730 07-25-2004 12:44 AM

just heard that he is gonna retire to "travel the world"

scourge 07-25-2004 12:46 AM

this is a reply on the Miami Herald web page... made me laugh, i feel for the guy.

Quote:

need help, what the hell are we going to do, minor is good but not ricky. I am in serious shock and are season just took a turn toward another non playoff season. and i am sure glad that the one jersey i could afford to save up and get was ricky's. Have fun in asia or jamaca and leave us all hanging. you could have told us this months ago. we could have drafted a RUNNING BACK THANK YOU, SELFISH ASSH@LE.. ANYONE HAVE THOUGHTS.
Maybe since there was some previous talk that the Vikes were looking to trade M. Bennett for some defence, the Fins will look to grab him...

Fiddy 07-25-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scourge
Maybe since there was some previous talk that the Vikes were looking to trade M. Bennett for some defence, the Fins will look grab him...

Adewale Ogunleye for Bennett??? Saying that is a longshot would be an understatement though...

scourge 07-25-2004 12:56 AM

yeah, but it would benefit both parties involved...

drdjsmm 07-25-2004 12:59 AM

Butkiss and a wedding dress...

Ricky probably retiring so he can smoke pot 24-7. What a doosh bag! He should stay away from the miami clubs! Man, if i was a maimi fan.....

tacoman_j 07-25-2004 01:03 AM

Stacy Mack to the RESCUE

Stacy MAck just got a JOB. He's the only free agent back remaining. Good Luck with the MACK lol: