Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   University of Texas (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1344)

hook'em07carter 07-21-2004 03:09 PM

University of Texas

Its about time the texans get some one from the university of texas. just to bad sloan thomas wont play much if at all this season.

MikeMc 07-21-2004 03:14 PM

I don't care if the Texans get a player from TSU, just so long as he plays well and contributes!

Who from UT would you like to see the Texans go after in the 2005 Draft (those UT players eligible, i.e. Seniors.... Juniors & RS Sophs are too hard to predict).

Shotgun30 07-21-2004 03:42 PM

five from nebraska :D

texans 07-21-2004 04:45 PM

i would love to get Derrick Johnson

TheOgre 07-21-2004 05:20 PM

I don't think we will be drafting high enough to get D.J.

hook'em07carter 07-21-2004 07:01 PM

i would love vincent young, cedric benson, or dj johnson... but seriously ya ryte that ait happenin. one of the defensive tackles rodrique wright would be good at nose if gary walker is not getting the job done this year. he is also a hometown guy from aleif hastings.

Fiddy 07-21-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hook'em07carter
one of the defensive tackles rodrique wright would be good at nose if gary walker is not getting the job done this year.

Walker is an end, Payne is the nose....

hook'em07carter 07-21-2004 08:58 PM

crud ya your ryte he does play end but still hes gettin to old. it should be same with payne if he does nothin this year put someone there maybe not to take the job ryte away but put pressure on him because compition brings out the best in us.

Fiddy 07-21-2004 10:34 PM

Quote:

it should be same with payne if he does nothin this year put someone there maybe not to take the job ryte away but put pressure on him because compition brings out the best in us.

Competition wouldnt affect Payne in anyway because he is one of the hardest workers on our team and gives 100% day in and day out, no matter the circumstances...

keyfro 07-22-2004 02:58 PM

you can't get too fixed on a certain school...otherwise everyone would just be aiming for miami's players

the only person from UT that i believe could come in and help this team now would wright...johnson is probably the best linebacker in college football ever...very few other linebackers i think could challenge that...but we won't be drafting that high again hopefully...but the 2005 draft is a year away and you never know what injuries could happen during the season so we'll just have to wait and see

texansfan88 07-25-2004 03:51 PM

It all depends...UT has very few great draft prospects coming out the next 2 years that the Texans would be interested in.

Seniors:

Derrick Johnson OLB rated #1 on my board

Juniors:
Rodrique Wright DT rated #1 DT on my board for juniors
Michael Huff CB rated #3 CB on my board for juniors
Jonathon Scott OT rated #1 OT on my board for juniors

thats about all the texans should have serious interest in right now.

Matt Jansen
NFLDraftBlitz.com

BuffSoldier 07-26-2004 11:46 AM

I could see us getting Micheal Huff because if Marcus Coleman isnt resigned we will need another FS. Huff plays FS and CB kinda like Coleman did comeing out of college.

But I would love it if we could get DJ though unless we have one of the top 3 picks thats not happening. And if we did have a top three pick I would probably go for Mike Williams.

texansfan88 07-26-2004 06:07 PM

eh, if we pick a wr and the big 3 juniors (williams, chris henry and martin nance) come out, I say we go with either Chris Henry or Martin Nance

They dont get as much attention as mike williams but they are studs, especially martin, great character guy to. I've talked to him a lot just about life and he's the kind of guy i'd be proud to see in a Texans Uni. if you dont kno who martin nance is, he was ben roethlisbergers main target last year and ammassed (SP) 95 catches and 1500 yards

Matt Jansen
NFLDraftBlitz.com

Panther5407 07-26-2004 06:46 PM

Does it really matter what school they came from anyways? I mean, what difference is a school if the kid is a playmaker constantly.

LiveForTheGame 07-27-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:

i would love vincent young, cedric benson, or dj johnson... but seriously ya ryte that ait happenin. one of the defensive tackles rodrique wright would be good at nose if gary walker is not getting the job done this year. he is also a hometown guy from aleif hastings.

You don't go after Vincent Young. David Carr is the QB they picked to build the team around. Besides, Young has to prove himself as an NFL quality passer before he'll be drafted to play QB...

texansfan88 07-27-2004 04:10 PM

dont worry, vince has been practicing on the accuracy all summer

Fiddy 07-27-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texansfan88
dont worry, vince has been practicing on the accuracy all summer

I hope so because I dont want Mack Brown alternating QBs again...

TheOgre 07-27-2004 05:04 PM

If we lose to OU and Ar-Kansas again then we might never have to worry about Mack Brown alternating Texas QB's again. The doctors are looking at Mack Brown and the diagnosis appears to be John Cooper Syndrome.

p.s. in case you don't know what I am talking about Mack Brown is in good physical health

Panther5407 07-27-2004 09:18 PM

I didn't see the story but the news said the Texas has someone challanging Young for starter.

LiveForTheGame 07-28-2004 05:36 PM

It doesn't really matter who is challenging him because Texas simply just doesn't have a great passing quarterback. It will be interesting to see how much Vince has improved if at all...but in my opinion he should have the job all out.