Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Does anyone else HATE the Jags as much as I do? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1304)

H-TownRules 07-19-2004 03:16 PM

Does anyone else HATE the Jags as much as I do?

Over the past two seasons I have taken a dislikening to some teams, but the one I just can't stand are the Jaguars. The fact that we have a lot of their past players, our games are close, and we play them twice a year sets the stage for a rivalry. And I feel that stage is now in use. My turning point from not liking the Jags to hating them came during last season's home game in which Jimmy Redmond clobbered a fair catch-calling J.J. Moses...someone the fans liked and who is known as a "little guy". But now I find myself circling Haloween on my calendar in anitcipation of once again "hosting" all those Jags fans who make the trip out to Reliant. I think the Texans office caught onto this developing rivalry as well because they have scheduled "Battle Red Day" as the day we play the Jags.

P.S.- Did anyone else notice that J.J. Moses would only get tackled directly after breaking a tackle with some kind of deathdefying spin move/stutter step? It almost got to the point where it was comical between me and my bro up in the stands, we'd just wait for something amazing and then sure enough he'd get the crud knocked out of him.

Nawzer 07-19-2004 03:18 PM

I also dislike the Jags a lot. I don't hate them but I dislike them the most I think. We should have a long and interesting rivalry with them.

TEXANS84 07-19-2004 04:14 PM

I cannot stand the Jags and their fans....we all remember the bone crunching cheap hit that Jimmy Redmond put on an innocent fair catching JJ Moses.

But I will NEVER forget the cheap shot below:
http://www.jaguars.com/mb/uavatar.aspx?ImageID=362

texansfan4life 07-19-2004 05:03 PM

i hate the jags all so

El Tejano 07-19-2004 05:57 PM

I believe this will be our Pittsburgh Steelers rivalry the Oilers once had. Except we will be on the winning end of this rivalry.

keyfro 07-19-2004 05:59 PM

i don't know if i hate the jags themselves..but i seriously hate their coach, their fans, and their front office with a passion...jack del rio is one of the worst head coaches i've ever seen...he calls for cheap shots and it trying to make the jags into the raiders of the 70's...sorry jack but your team doesn't have the talent nor the ability to become the raiders...better find another tree stump to chomp at

H-TownRules 07-19-2004 07:37 PM

Anyone a Texans fan should read this about our Divisional Buddy.

Why hate the Jags?....Read this. *Language*

BigBang 07-19-2004 08:02 PM

:headbang: It's about time there was a sportswriter that didn't give a rat's can about what people have to think. I actually agree with EVERY WORD HE SAID. Before 1994, I had never heard of Jacksonville, Florida. Since then, they've been a bunch of underachieving, cheap playing, heartless losers that nobody gives a monkey's right ear about ("ear is not the three-letter word I want to use). I dare a Jags fan to come here starting mess.

bad 07-19-2004 08:41 PM

I couldn't care less about the Jags. They don't seem to be a very well run organization (no discipline) and some of their fans seem a bit slow...a lot of them seem to be in denial.

They have drafted well in the last two years; I personally had Leftwich as my highest rated player coming into the 2003 Draft and I stand by that opinion. This year they landed a punishing runner in Greg Jones and one of the Genetic Freak Receivers in Reggie Williams. On paper they look dangerous.

History says they'll still suck.

http://www.rocketpillow.com/bs/img/jagsmack.jpg

Doom Capers 07-19-2004 10:58 PM

I agree, I hate them. Of all the teams, I hate them the most. Their fans are cocky and think Leftwich is so amazing. Wait until the end of this season and we will comapir Letfwich and Carr's stats, and we will be the ones laughing.

Hervoyel 07-19-2004 11:59 PM

I have no feel whatsoever for the Jags. I don't hate them, I don't like them. It's just hard for me to get a good hate on for them. I hate the Titans but the Jags and Colts are kind of my new Browns/Bengals. In the AFC Central days I got up for playing the Steelers and the four games against the Browns/Bengals were just weeks we played "one of those orange teams".

I feel the same way about the Jags and Colts. They're secondary to me. I'm not too impressed with the vaunted Indy offense. So far we've played them tough and nearly beaten them in our early years a couple of times. I think they're overrated. The Jags never seem to be totally ready to play when they line up against us. The only time they ever looked good to me we were starting Ragone. Against our "A" game they're beatable every time. Nothing to get excited about there.

dalemurphy 07-20-2004 12:10 AM

Hate them? heck no!

No way do I hate them. Jacksonville is the only team in the league that we've beaten more than once.

Tennessee and Indianapolis I don't like (0-8)
Dallas I don't like (Cowboy fans!! and Phyllis Diller? aka Jerry Jones)

TheOgre 07-20-2004 10:48 AM

I have to admit, I like Leftwich. It was amazing the way he played at Marshall with that injury. His lineman had to carry him between plays he was so hurt. Yet he still had a hell of a day passing.

It is a shame that Jacksonville ended up in our division because I really like the team they are building. DT's John Henderson and Marcus Stroud make one of the best DT duos in the league. HB Fred Taylor is a top five back when he is healthy (a big if though). They added Leftwich and some targets, who should help open up even more holes for Taylor.

I am really starting to hate them though now. I would have never guessed that they would be turning out to be our biggest rivals when this division was created.

TexansFanatic 07-20-2004 12:30 PM

Hating a team means actually showing them some degree of respect. I don't hate the Jags because I couldn't care less about them....

Panther5407 07-21-2004 01:48 PM

I can't stand the Jags. They have layed some many cheap shots (mainly against the Texans) that I can't see a reason not to hate them.

beerlover 07-21-2004 02:39 PM

HATE is destructive, negative and a waste of energy. Its fine not to LIKE anything, not to support or even ignore that entity, rather say The Jaguars SUCK, their sportsmanship is poor and their a dirty team. I don't happen to share those viewpoints but I do recognize a budding rivalry.

The game on October 31st Halloween should be the most amped up, bizare crowd of the regular season. I think the Jaguars will be a very dynamic offense and it will be a joy to revel in the effectiveness of our re-vamped defense holding them in check and winning. I only hope there is no retailation, no cheap shots or brawls, just a ***** stomping at the OK Corral.

rittenhouserobz 07-24-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover
HATE is destructive, negative and a waste of energy. Its fine not to LIKE anything, not to support or even ignore that entity, rather say The Jaguars SUCK, their sportsmanship is poor and their a dirty team. I don't happen to share those viewpoints but I do recognize a budding rivalry.

The game on October 31st Halloween should be the most amped up, bizare crowd of the regular season. I think the Jaguars will be a very dynamic offense and it will be a joy to revel in the effectiveness of our re-vamped defense holding them in check and winning. I only hope there is no retailation, no cheap shots or brawls, just a ***** stomping at the OK Corral.

I would have to disagree at the moment about their offense. Leftwich is slow and inaccurate. One step below Michael Vick if you ask me who I believe is inaccurate. The one area of strength for Leftwich may be neutralized this year. I am sure defenses were playing their base defenses to feel him out last year. This year they have plenty of video to break the kid down. With him being so slow they could play more coverage and not worry about him scrambling as much.

Vinny 07-24-2004 01:18 PM

Leftwich had a higher completion % in his first year than Carr has had in either of his first two years. Slow is not bad in a QB. Dan Marino is probably the slowest QB ever. That really didn't hurt him much.

Jagsbch 07-24-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doom Capers
Wait until the end of this season and we will comapir Letfwich and Carr's stats, and we will be the ones laughing.

Jags are a much better team than they were this time last season. This is going to be the Jags coming like a bat out of Cap Hell season. I love the Jags and am looking forward to see what you all will be laughing at. I can assure you it won't be Byron:popcorn:

Fiddy 07-24-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Jags are a much better team than they were this time last season.

And so are we, we have Glenn back, got Smith, Walker and Payne should be back. Picked up the best cover corner in the draft. Got a good OLB in Babin.

I will say, however, that you guys may have the best defensive line in the entire league....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagsbch
I love the Jags and am looking forward to see what you all will be laughing at. I can assure you it won't be Byron

I have already laughed at Cryin' Byron

http://www.nfl.com/u/nfl/photos/nfl890_lower.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/u/nfl/photos/nfl891_lower.jpg