Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans' progress pleases McNair (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1191)

aj. 07-13-2004 06:29 AM

Owner takes low key approach to talk of playoffs

Quote:

Nearly every seat is sold for the 2004 season at Reliant Stadium, and (senior VP Jamie) Rootes has just informed McNair that the Aug. 7 scrimmage against the Miami Dolphins will be an even bigger draw than the 2002 scrimmage against the Dallas Cowboys.

nunusguy 07-13-2004 08:01 AM

Shrewd, bright but at the same time understated, even humble. We're so lucky
to have this guy ! It took someone really special to pull off what he did.
Cut his eye teeth negotiating with the sharks at Enron for the sale of his cogeneration business, and not only lived to tell about it, but walked away a very, very wealthy man. After that, it was probably a snap convincing the NFL to grant Houston the new franchise. That's not true of course - took a lot of hard work, thoght process, and perseverance. But we really are lucky to have
McNair as our owner and CEO.

TexasAggie 07-13-2004 08:26 AM

Class act all the way from Top to bottom.

Thank You Mr. McNair and the whole Texans Org.

El Tejano 07-13-2004 08:41 AM

This man needs to be ordained as a saint. St Bob McNair - Saint of restoration.

Vinny 07-13-2004 11:07 AM

We are very lucky indeed. I've been a Houston sports fan for many decades and McNair has pretty much exceeded my expectations as an owner of a sports franchise. He makes it very easy to root for this team. Great organizations start from the Owner and trickle down to the lowest paid personnel to the volunteers, to the core fans for the team. We have one of the elite organizations in all of sports right here in Houston.

chicagotexan 07-13-2004 11:10 AM

It made it so much easier to swallow losing the Oilers when we got this team. I'd like to extend my thanks to Bud's ego-mania and greed. Same goes for little Danny Snyder. I get to follow this team from it's birth. I can tell my kids that. That's pretty cool, not to get all sappy.

done88 07-13-2004 12:13 PM

all houston owners

I have to say this maybe one of the greatest sports years any one city can have. Everyone of the owners are trying to step up and provide a class act this year. The city did its part by providing the stadiums. However the owners have stepped up also. The Astros may not be winning but man we have watched Roger Clemons pitch great for the home team. The record may not shw it but I have enjoyed some Astros games this year. The Rockets have gone after T-mac. They may or may not contend for a championship next year but there will be some exciting games for sure. FINALLY there mr Mcnair. I mean he has stepped up since day one. The o-line there original weakest link may now be there stong suit. They have attempted to address there biggest problems last year and landed some fairly lofty free agents. They may not make the playoffs but it will be fun.

TexansFanatic 07-13-2004 12:56 PM

Glad to see the unanimous enthusiasm for Mr. Robert McNair. After the decades of grief this city has tolerated with its various sports franchise owners, finally we are blessed with this gentleman and the team created in his own image. Hallelujah!

edo783 07-13-2004 03:22 PM

And everyone said....AMEN

OzzO 07-13-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano
This man needs to be ordained as a saint. St Bob McNair - Saint of restoration.

El Tejano... I like that quote.

Porky 07-13-2004 05:54 PM

I agree with everyone else here, short of saint hood! Close, how about Mayor?

Class acts are easy to root for, and we have them in spades with the Texans from the owner, gm, coaching staff, down to the vast majority of the players. All in all, I couldn't think of a better time to be in Houston and a football fan then now.

TheTim5125 07-13-2004 09:04 PM

McNair Says we'll be better!!!

Texans | McNair Says Team Will Be Better in 2004 - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:13:55 -0700

Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans owner Bob McNair says the Texans will be a better team in 2004. "We should be a much improved team," said McNair. "I'm excited and looking forward to the start of training camp. I really believe we can beat any team we play. That being the case, there's no telling what you can do. Certainly, we want to be in the playoffs, and this team is certainly capable. So much of it depends on injuries to us and to the teams we're playing. That's the unpredictable part. I think without a doubt we'll be a better team."

Thats good that McNair thinks we'll be better...

Kimmy 12-27-2010 06:06 PM

Re: McNair Says we'll be better!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTim5125 (Post 13437)
Texans | McNair Says Team Will Be Better in 2004 - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:13:55 -0700

Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans owner Bob McNair says the Texans will be a better team in 2004. "We should be a much improved team," said McNair. "I'm excited and looking forward to the start of training camp. I really believe we can beat any team we play. That being the case, there's no telling what you can do. Certainly, we want to be in the playoffs, and this team is certainly capable. So much of it depends on injuries to us and to the teams we're playing. That's the unpredictable part. I think without a doubt we'll be a better team."

Thats good that McNair thinks we'll be better...

Wonder how much of this will be repeated THIS year?

kiwitexansfan 12-27-2010 06:10 PM

Re: Texans' progress pleases McNair

http://i.pbase.com/o6/10/445810/1/73...readomancy.jpg

Ryan 12-27-2010 06:12 PM

this thread brings out the :lol:

Wolf 12-27-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

So much of it depends on injuries to us and to the teams we're playing
I have grown to hate this mentality (even thought that was 2004 in the article).. I don't like the excuses that the strength of schedule was hard or whatnot. I seriously doubt you hear the New Englands, the pittsbugh's, the Ravens or wondering about strength of schedule. (fans or the team). NFL is parity (for the most part). To be the best, you got to beat the best. The Texans got off the porch early in the season stating that they have to take the division and no one is going to give it to them, well they got back on the porch quickly. I hope Bob still doesn't have that mentality

Double Barrel 12-27-2010 06:19 PM

Some things never change. Hopefully, the Texans are not one of those things.

Kimmy 12-27-2010 06:20 PM

My point for bumping this thread is things seem to be the exact same today as it was six years ago;

1) Seats are sold out (and will continue to be no matter who let's their season tickets go)
2) You still have injury, suspension, etc to blame for NOT winning

Sadly ... I see more of the same coming next year as well. Emperors New Clothes

J_R 12-27-2010 06:45 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RnB6zCpc18.../bobmcnair.jpg

Hookem Horns 12-27-2010 07:07 PM

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...a93e34dc3a.gif