Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I hope we win VS San Diego (I know/ have confidence) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1121)

777texans 07-06-2004 11:14 PM

I hope we win VS San Diego (I know/ have confidence)

OK, the first time they met (we all want to forget) I made a bet with my pool mamager that if the Texans win then he has to do 50 pushups. Now I made a bet with another this time for 200 butterflys

Go Texans!!!!

RTP2110 07-06-2004 11:28 PM

This looks like a winnable game for us at this point. BUT, we all know what happened the last 2 opening games. Both of those games we were supposed to lose.

BuffSoldier 07-06-2004 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTP2110
This looks like a winnable game for us at this point. BUT, we all know what happened the last 2 opening games. Both of those games we were supposed to lose.

Hey maybe its just that Texan luck, we win every opening game and start the season off right. :jam:

done88 07-07-2004 12:37 AM

maybe we should try a change lose the first game and go to the playoffs.

On second thought just win them all.

GunnerAU 07-07-2004 12:46 AM

I like the Win them all idea, much better.

777texans 07-07-2004 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnerAU
I like the Win them all idea, much better.

lol so do i

Doug 07-07-2004 07:58 AM

Sounds good to me! lol I can't wait till we get our first two in a row and it will happen this year, just a matter of when. When do ya'll think it'll happen? I think our first two of the season San Diego and Detroit....start the season on the right foot!

777texans 07-07-2004 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
Sounds good to me! lol I can't wait till we get our first two in a row and it will happen this year, just a matter of when. When do ya'll think it'll happen? I think our first two of the season San Diego and Detroit....start the season on the right foot!

Yup!!!! :ninja: :jumpbanan :soldier: Then we at least win games against the Colts, Titans.(maybe both)

Panther5407 07-07-2004 12:42 PM

I think we'll beat the Titans. They've lost to much and not gained enough to be as strong. We were almost able to beat them last year with all of our injuries. Same with the Colts for me. They didn't make a big enough move in the offseason to be nearly as strong. Watch out NFL, here comes the Texans!!!

edo783 07-07-2004 03:04 PM

I think we will split with both of them.

powda 07-08-2004 11:43 PM

man i hope your right b.o. bud. that stomping was right up there with what we got from the bengals.

this year i think we'll sweep the jags (though they wont be a bad team), we'll finally steal one from the titans, and be swept one more time by the colts.

keyfro 07-09-2004 02:04 PM

well let's look at what we're up against with san diego

qb: more than likely they will be starting rivers...a rookie's first game...defense should be licking their chomps

rb: LT...nuff said...defense will be on their toes all game with him

wr: who is there main reciever anyone know?

o-line: their o-line is about as good as their receiver corp...oben will be good at tackle but it's still a very young line

defense

d-line: the lose of marcus wiley is going to hurt them for awhile

lb: their real strong point...godfrey, edwards, foley, and moreno

db: quenton jammer was supposed to be the next champ bailey...sammy davis is still very young...and their safties are keil and lassiter...young and old

overall...the texans match up very good against them...but on any given sunday you can win or you can lose...nothing is given in the nfl

Vinny 07-09-2004 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keyfro
well let's look at what we're up against with san diego

qb: more than likely they will be starting rivers...a rookie's first game...defense should be licking their chomps

I wouldn't bet on that. I think we see Flutie
Quote:

wr: who is there main reciever anyone know?
After I stopped my laughter I typed in Kevin Dyson and Tim Dwight

scourge 07-09-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

who is there main reciever anyone know?
LT is their main receiver... afterall, he did have 100 receptions last year

astrofan 07-12-2004 01:11 PM

let's not forget that they picked up the best player in college football

I love the Texans, but if LT and the Natural are on the field at the same time, we couldn't stop them with 18 guys on the field

it is unfortunate that we have to be the first team to get a dose of #16

I pray that they wait to turn him lose against NYJ, but just in case I hope Stanley spends his reps (if that is what punters call practice) punting the ball far out of bounds, and Brown the Slugger is putting every kick through the back of the endzone, if not 9/12 could be a day that lives in infamy

Lucky 07-12-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrofan
it is unfortunate that we have to be the first team to get a dose of #16

It can't be true? Is Ryan Leaf back in San Diego? eek:

astrofan 07-12-2004 01:41 PM

http://www.chargers.com/team/roster.cfm

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp...Type=Printable