Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   The Rate My Team 2014 thread (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105525)

Brandon420tx 07-13-2014 09:09 AM

The Rate My Team 2014 thread

Here are the results of my recent Dynasty League startup draft

12 team league, 1PPR, .5PPR for RBs. Starting Lineup 1QB, 2RBs, 3 WRs, 1TE, 1Flex 1K 1DST

QB: Nick Foles, Robert Griffin III, E.J. Manuel
RB: LeSean McCoy, Montee Ball, Trent Richardson, Lamar Miller, Darren Sproles
WR: Pierre Garcon, Mike Wallace, Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Marvin Jones, Robert Woods, Brandon LaFell, (and Harry Douglas pending waivers)
TE: Kyle Rudolph, CJ Fiedorowicz, Levine Toliolo
K: Robbie Gould
DST: Rams, (and bears pending waivers)

I'm pretty weak at WR, but I can use my firsts on some rookies next year. Also shopping the first round pick and will try to snag Golden Tate from his owner with it. I tried to get DeAndre Hopkins, but the guy who owns him wants a mega deal for LeSean McCoy. At least I got CJ to be my TE of the future

Heath Shuler 07-15-2014 04:13 PM

Re: The Rate My Team 2014 thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon420tx (Post 2357594)
Here are the results of my recent Dynasty League startup draft

12 team league, 1PPR, .5PPR for RBs. Starting Lineup 1QB, 2RBs, 3 WRs, 1TE, 1Flex 1K 1DST

QB: Nick Foles, Robert Griffin III, E.J. Manuel
RB: LeSean McCoy, Montee Ball, Trent Richardson, Lamar Miller, Darren Sproles
WR: Pierre Garcon, Mike Wallace, Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Marvin Jones, Robert Woods, Brandon LaFell, (and Harry Douglas pending waivers)
TE: Kyle Rudolph, CJ Fiedorowicz, Levine Toliolo
K: Robbie Gould
DST: Rams, (and bears pending waivers)

I'm pretty weak at WR, but I can use my firsts on some rookies next year. Also shopping the first round pick and will try to snag Golden Tate from his owner with it. I tried to get DeAndre Hopkins, but the guy who owns him wants a mega deal for LeSean McCoy. At least I got CJ to be my TE of the future

Wow, I've never drafted before training camps have begun. I noticed you said "start up draft", is this the first year of your dynasty league, (I'm not real familiar w dynasty leagues in general other than you keep a couple of players year to year).

Do you usually carry 3 QBs? (and 3 TEs)

Do you have to cut the Rams D/ST to pick up the Bears, because I would much rather have the Rams.

Brandon420tx 07-19-2014 04:11 AM

Re: The Rate My Team 2014 thread

Yeah, Startup means its the first year of a Dynasty or Keeper, and all players are available. We have 22 roster spots and I felt fine at RB so I went an extra QB w/ potential in Manuel just to monitor him at the beginning of the season, Plus it's a dynasty, so you keep all your players unless you cut or trade them, having a young QB stashed away isn't bad and just in case someone wants to trade for one of my QBs I still have a backup with some experience. In the last week of the season I'm going to drop someone to take either Savage or Mallet if Manuel struggles again this season.

I took Levine to be the backup for Rudolph this season, CJ for the future. I have flexibility to drop Levine, Lafell, Manuel, Harry Douglas, and either Defense for any waiver wire acquisitions. I might pick up a 6th RB if someone unexpected breaks out.

Also, no, did not have to cut the Rams. My last pick was accidentally auto-picked as Alex Smith because I had the Texans defense in that spot, but someone picked the texans and I didn't check back until after the draft was finished. So I dropped Smith and put in a claim for the Bears

Also plan on only using Reggie Wayne (and Toliolo + Sproles) for this season then using my first and second round rookie picks on WRs.