Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hall Of Famers (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1052)

texans 07-01-2004 11:58 AM

Hall Of Famers

which of the current player do you think will go into the hall of fame

El Tejano 07-01-2004 12:15 PM

I think Aaron Glenn. I believe he will have the Darryl Green longevity and his career will blossom in Houston.

Boris 07-01-2004 01:09 PM

Mr. Bob McNair - years from now, as he becomes more tenured, he will be a major player in shaping this leagues future. I guarantee he makes the Texas Sports Hall of Fame just by bringing pro-football back to Texas largest city.

gwallaia 07-01-2004 01:09 PM

Joe Texan is already in the Hall of Fame. :jumpbanan

texans 07-01-2004 01:14 PM

i did not mean on are team but in the hole nfl

777texans 07-01-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texans
i did not mean on are team but in the hole nfl

Tom Brady

Bret Farve

possible Mannin,Mcnair

and our team.............................................. .........................................
David Car, Andre Johnson, Davis

WWJD 07-01-2004 02:08 PM

Favre

McNair

Brady

Ray Lewis maybe

Marvin Harrison

Payton Manning

Dann 07-01-2004 03:25 PM

Tom Brady -- Two Super Bowl MVPs in his first four years bode pretty well for his chances. Win another one, and i'd say he'd be heavily considered to go.

Peyton Manning -- He has all the stats to compare to the greats. Win the big one, and I think he'll be a near lock.

WWJD 07-01-2004 03:29 PM

I forgot

Emmitt Smith. He's a no-brainer.

texans 07-01-2004 03:57 PM

dont forget
rod wodson
bruce smith
brett favare
jerry rice
straham
moss is on his way

StarStruck 07-01-2004 04:12 PM

My list of current players that should cover the next 25 years of HOFers.
Emmitt Smith, LaDainian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Roy Williams, Ray Lewis, Michael Strahan, Charles Woodson, Derrick Brooks, Payton Manning, Brett Farve, Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Steve McNair, Tom Brady, Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez

scourge 07-01-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia
Joe Texan is already in the Hall of Fame. :jumpbanan

Joe Texan is? Did i miss something?

infantrycak 07-01-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

Michael Vick
The rest of the folks you mentioned I think a very good case could be made that they have either already earned a certain spot (Emmitt Smith, Brett Favre) or are definitely on a path there (Tomlinson, Manning) but Vick has not played at a hall of fame level yet. He is exciting and a fantastic athlete with a huge upside, but that is the problem--at this point it is upside until he becomes not just an elite athlete but an elite QB.

StarStruck 07-01-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak
The rest of the folks you mentioned I think a very good case could be made that they have either already earned a certain spot (Emmitt Smith, Brett Favre) or are definitely on a path there (Tomlinson, Manning) but Vick has not played at a hall of fame level yet. He is exciting and a fantastic athlete with a huge upside, but that is the problem--at this point it is upside until he becomes not just an elite athlete but an elite QB.

I can see your point. In thinking through my list, I went with potential on Vick and though I would throw in his name as a can't miss if he lives up to his potential.

Ravens_52 07-01-2004 08:04 PM

Emmitt Smith
Brett Favare
Jerry Rice
Ray Lewis
Michael Strahan

Theres More, but there the ones that came into my head first.

gwallaia 07-01-2004 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scourge
Joe Texan is? Did i miss something?

Here's the man.

Hall of Fame

JustBonee 07-01-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by __V__
That's a pretty unique group there. Joetexan, the Texans first Hall of Famer. Whodathunkit.

LOL .. you shouldn't have said that... I got hit over the head for it.
First Texan Bust in Hall of Fans ... Chris Lockridge
Second will be Joe (in August)

scourge 07-01-2004 10:53 PM

awesome... learn something new everyday

Panther5407 07-02-2004 06:33 PM

Most likely to get on Hall of Fame from Texans...
Johnson
Carr
Sharper
Glenn

NFL...
Farve
Harrison
Manning
Dawkins
Ray Lewis

WWJD 07-02-2004 10:28 PM

Sharper certainly is a good player; Pro Bowl quality but I don't think he is a HOF player. Same for Glenn.