Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Tennessee Titans over/under, 7 wins (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105182)

thunderkyss 05-27-2014 06:46 AM

Tennessee Titans over/under, 7 wins

That's what Odds makers says the PFT crew disagrees.

What do you think?

Playoffs 05-27-2014 08:29 AM

Re: Tennessee Titans over/under, 7 wins

PFT crew... lol.

What do TMZ think? :truck:

Coolhandsluke2 08-11-2014 10:56 AM

Titans fan watches preseason opener under a stadium waterfall

http://i.imgur.com/IknpmgZ.jpg

Playoffs 08-11-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke2 (Post 2366331)
Titans fan watches preseason opener under a stadium waterfall

Now this is a real football fan... too much beer too fast, but he stays in his seat and just pees over the railing so he can continue cheering on his Tacks.

:ahhaha:

DBCooper 08-12-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2366343)
Now this is a real football fan... too much beer too fast, but he stays in his seat and just pees over the railing so he can continue cheering on his Tacks.

Jeez, can he play RT?

Thorn 08-18-2014 10:44 PM

http://lunafutura.com/galciv/haildapossum.jpg

toronto 08-22-2014 02:30 PM

Over but barely. team wreaks of 8-8 and another wasted season to me. Not bad enough to get top draft pick, not good enough to be relevant.

mattieuk 08-22-2014 02:44 PM

I'm going to say they get the 7 wins.

The I think that Sankey can help take some of the focus off of Locker, and help him settle into the starting role (hoping there are no injuries).

I think the AFC South is going to be a very competitive, yet utterly mediocre division this year. I have the win spread for 4th to 1st being in the 6-10 wins per team range.

brakos82 08-22-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toronto (Post 2371262)
Over but barely. team wreaks of 8-8 and another wasted season to me. Not bad enough to get top draft pick, not good enough to be relevant.

Sounds about right to me.

Now if only I had a hunch as to what we'll do... I wouldn't be surprised with 12-4 or 4-12.... though I expect somewhere right in the middle as well.

toronto 08-22-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattieuk (Post 2371269)
I'm going to say they get the 7 wins.

The I think that Sankey can help take some of the focus off of Locker, and help him settle into the starting role (hoping there are no injuries).

I think the AFC South is going to be a very competitive, yet utterly mediocre division this year. I have the win spread for 4th to 1st being in the 6-10 wins per team range.

Titans are one of several teams where I have seen a range of 5 to 11 wins predicted by rags. Its that impossible to figure out. The one player I believe they absolutely will miss and never should have let go was Verner. Their replacements within are nowhere near his level and makes them even more vulnerable against good QBs.

mattieuk 08-22-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toronto (Post 2371273)
Titans are one of several teams where I have seen a range of 5 to 11 wins predicted by rags. Its that impossible to figure out. The one player I believe they absolutely will miss and never should have let go was Verner. Their replacements within are nowhere near his level and makes them even more vulnerable against good QBs.

I think 11 wins might be a stretch, but I'm with you they are one of those teams where there are a few question-marks (mostly due to the rookie/players coming back from injury factor).

Kind of applies for every team, but a lot of the Titan's success is going to depend on how they succeed in keeping their defense off the field. I know there is a bit of buzz about fumbles from Sankey, but he only put it on the floor 3 times last year in 300+ carries, and never really struck me as the fumblitus type. If he can make the starting role his own, I think Locker can make use of the weapons that he does have.

Luckily for the D they have the Texans and Jags twice, so that helps their exposure issues.

toronto 08-22-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattieuk (Post 2371274)
I think 11 wins might be a stretch, but I'm with you they are one of those teams where there are a few question-marks (mostly due to the rookie/players coming back from injury factor).

Kind of applies for every team, but a lot of the Titan's success is going to depend on how they succeed in keeping their defense off the field. I know there is a bit of buzz about fumbles from Sankey, but he only put it on the floor 3 times last year in 300+ carries, and never really struck me as the fumblitus type. If he can make the starting role his own, I think Locker can make use of the weapons that he does have.

Luckily for the D they have the Texans and Jags twice, so that helps their exposure issues.

Titans fans are too smart to pencil in Ws against teams like the Jags. Last year when they lost at home to them I hit my wall on Munchak and got my wish. Just a bad frigging HC.

gwallaia 09-03-2014 03:13 PM

Titans to start itsy-bitsy linebacker.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...adden.cnn.html

b0ng 09-05-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2366343)

That's one hell of a pee.

I think the Titans get their 8 wins but not much more than that. Locker really needs to play the whole season (And at least be mediocre or serviceable) for them to be in the race to win the division. I like their defense and they have a couple of good WR's, but QB woes seem to have really sank them the past few years, and I see that they are still putting their eggs into the Jake Locker basket. As bad as Fitzpatrick is/was, I don't think Whitehurst or Mettenberger will make Titans fans forget the Amish Rifle if Locker goes down again.

Dread-Head 09-05-2014 03:42 PM

Now that I know Bud will never get his greasy fingers on the Lombardi trophy, I can/will route for them whenever they play any teams but the Texans and Steelers. :tiphat:

toronto 09-07-2014 09:47 PM

Obviously one game, but they looked pretty solid today. amazing what competent coaching can do.

Kaiser Toro 09-07-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toronto (Post 2380996)
Obviously one game, but they looked pretty solid today. amazing what competent coaching can do.

How did Locker look?

toronto 09-07-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 2380999)
How did Locker look?

Like a player that finally had a QB mentor coaching him. Still erratic and he panics in the pocket a few times, but I could see what a difference Whisenhunt is for him.

toronto 10-05-2014 10:57 PM

I will go on a limb and say under. Titans become part of the Mariotta et al sweepstakes. Way too many bad players drafted by a very bad GM that has been around way too long.

Thankfully I am used to this franchise blowing seemingly insurmountable leads.

thunderkyss 10-06-2014 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toronto (Post 2396875)
I will go on a limb and say under. Titans become part of the Mariotta et al sweepstakes. Way too many bad players drafted by a very bad GM that has been around way too long.

Is it that bad?

Their last four games (the four they lost) were Dallas, @ Cincy, @ Indy, & Cleveland. We'll probably lose those same four games & our GM is the greatest.