Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bang the table (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104938)

mussop 05-05-2014 09:00 PM

Bang the table

Ok three days before the draft. Here is your chance to "bang the table" for your guyS. I'll get as many as I can in.

Jared Abbrederis WR
Best route runner in this draft. Gets incredible separation. If he would have had a better QB his stats would have been unbelievable. In the game against Ohio ST, against one of the top corners in the Draft (Roby) He dominated that game. Abbrederis caught 10 passes for a career-best 207 yards and a score. He was open all day and really could have had 2 or three more TDís and 7 or eight more catches if not for some horrible throws. Iím scared to death that The Colts are going to get this guy and heís going to be the next Reggie Wayne. Yes thatís how much I like him. I really want him in the 4th but I would consider the 3rd round, depending on who's left.

leebigeztx 05-05-2014 10:30 PM

Re: Bang the table

He looks like a possession wr. When he was running vs man,he didn't create seperation. 4th or 5 rd for me. Tbh, I've never liked roby. He doesn't play to his measurables.

Trap_Star 05-05-2014 10:33 PM

Sophie Dee...and not just on the table.

steelbtexan 05-05-2014 10:40 PM

Matt Patchan

McCullers

Jerick McKinnon

Mike Campanaro

John Halapio

Beau Allen

leebigeztx 05-05-2014 10:53 PM

TB
Marcus Smith
Keith McGill
Kelcy Quarles
Tiny Richardson

steelbtexan 05-05-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leebigeztx (Post 2333231)
TB
Marcus Smith
Keith McGill
Kelcy Quarles
Tiny Richardson

Good list.

I like all of those guys. Even TB, just not at 1-1.

thunderkyss 05-05-2014 10:57 PM

Aj McCarron. Changed Alabama's run offense to one of the most balanced & prolific offenses in the league. He reads defenses, makes good decisions with the ball, leads his team on the field. He's not flashy, but he can & does make plays when needed. He's got that fire to be better, always pushing himself, always raising his level of play.

Corrosion 05-05-2014 11:23 PM

CJ Mosley

Best football player in this draft.

If he's still around in the 22-25 range , I'd like to see them move up from #33 and grab him.

mussop 05-05-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leebigeztx (Post 2333224)
He looks like a possession wr. When he was running vs man,he didn't create seperation. 4th or 5 rd for me. Tbh, I've never liked roby. He doesn't play to his measurables.

Didn't really start this to discuss our evaluations. This is a chance for everyone to point out who they think are good prospects and have reference to it without having to search entire board. Kinda a reference to your final thoughts On prospects in this draft.

But ok. Yes I also said I really want him in the 4th but I would consider him in the third depending on who's there. So I think we are close on where he should go. Now, possession WR, yes I guess you could call him that. It's not like that is a bad thing. He would be great in the slot playing the Welker role. He's quicker than fast, runs better routes than anyone in this draft. Not worried about him getting jammed. Is shifty enough to get by most jams. Like I said he reminds me of Wayne when he came out.

mussop 05-05-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2333234)
Aj McCarron. Changed Alabama's run offense to one of the most balanced & prolific offenses in the league. He reads defenses, makes good decisions with the ball, leads his team on the field. He's not flashy, but he can & does make plays when needed. He's got that fire to be better, always pushing himself, always raising his level of play.

Really? What's next, Texian banging on Bortles? :cowboy1:

How about someone not so obvious.

coon 05-05-2014 11:45 PM

1. Christian Jones, I know he failed a drug test but damn can he play.
2. Allen Robinson. 3rd best Wr in my book.
3. Deone Buchannon. I love this dude. If we don't take a Qb at 33 give me him.
4. Kelcy Quarles

thunderkyss 05-06-2014 12:35 AM

Andre Williams.

Talk about Luv Ya Blue, this guy can bring it back to Houston. Tough, tough runner. Big time yards after contact. Not flashy, but you want to watch him run just the same.

Those are the two guys I think we've got to come away with in this draft. McCarron & Williams. I'm open on other positions of need, but I'll bang the table for McCarron & Williams.

leebigeztx 05-06-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coon (Post 2333245)
1. Christian Jones, I know he failed a drug test but damn can he play.
2. Allen Robinson. 3rd best Wr in my book.
3. Deone Buchannon. I love this dude. If we don't take a Qb at 33 give me him.
4. Kelcy Quarles

Buchannon is the best safety in the draft to me. He can play deep middle,hash,in the box. He forces fumbles and he has more ints than any db in the draft. Like him a lot.

beerlover 05-06-2014 01:09 AM

Any or as many of these dudes would really make this draft for me.

Aaron Donald - upgrade Antonio Smith who can kick inside
Anthony Barr - OLB high ceiling who kicks Brooks inside
Deone Bucannon - takes over secondary
Jordan Matthews - looks like a #1 to recharge Andre
Bishop Sankey - dynamic rb with a great future
Joel Bitonio - not pretty but effective & reliable
Ja'Waun James - franchise RT without the price tag
CJ Fiedorowicz - bigger, bader than Owen Daniels
Tajh Boyd - looks like playmaker to me, hook him back up w/DeAndre
Yawin Smallwood - length, size in a mans league

leebigeztx 05-06-2014 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 2333241)
Didn't really start this to discuss our evaluations. This is a chance for everyone to point out who they think are good prospects and have reference to it without having to search entire board. Kinda a reference to your final thoughts On prospects in this draft.

But ok. Yes I also said I really want him in the 4th but I would consider him in the third depending on who's there. So I think we are close on where he should go. Now, possession WR, yes I guess you could call him that. It's not like that is a bad thing. He would be great in the slot playing the Welker role. He's quicker than fast, runs better routes than anyone in this draft. Not worried about him getting jammed. Is shifty enough to get by most jams. Like I said he reminds me of Wayne when he came out.

I never said there was anything wrong with him. If he was there in the 4th,that's a value pick. I don't know about the reggie wayne part,but that's cool.

Scooter 05-06-2014 01:23 AM

Stanley Jean-Baptiste

i have a very strong Nnamdi Asomugha feel about him. zone defenses arent having the effect they used do, you need a great pass rush paired with corners who can play on the line of scrimmage. jean-baptiste i believe is one of those guys.

edit: i would be banging the table if he were still there in the 3rd or late second. there are enough risks that i'd not want to reach at 2-1.

leebigeztx 05-06-2014 01:41 AM

Charles Sims.

TheMatrix31 05-06-2014 02:19 AM

Anyone with a relentless motor. I don't know these players specifically but that's my only requirement. We need to build an entire ****ing team of JJ Watts and Brian Cushings.

Wolf6151 05-06-2014 02:22 AM

1. Christian Jones-OLB, great size, athleticism, and he'd be great if moved inside.
2. Telvin Smith-OLB, he and Jones can actually play both ILB and OLB, great speed and tenacity.
3. JaWaun James-OT, best RT in this draft and could anchor the right side for the next 10+ yrs.
4. Jared Abbrederis-WR, he'd look really good in the slot for the Texans.
5. Teddy Bridgewater-QB, I don't buy all the media driven BS, 2 yrs. of great game film trump a very average Pro Day. Reads a defense, call his own plays, calls audibils at LOS, athletic, smart, he's got it all.
6. Keith McGill-CB, tall very athletic CB with good hips and good speed.
7. Deandre Coleman-DT, great size but not alot on pass rush but holds the LOS and plays the run well. Quality DT in the later rounds.

bah007 05-06-2014 08:25 AM

Guys that I like way more than the consensus. Would love to have any of them on the Texans.

QB - Keith Wenning
RB - Charles Sims
WR - Donte Moncrief
TE - C.J. Fiedorowicz
OT - Billy Turner
DE - Stephon Tuitt
DE - DeAndre Coleman
OLB - Chris Smith
CB - E.J. Gaines
S - Deone Bucannon