Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Hello from across the pond (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104769)

VIE-IAH 04-20-2014 05:07 AM

Hello from across the pond

Hey,

I'm a relatively new Texans fan from Europe. I have been following the NBA and NHL since my childhood (being a loyal fan of the Sacramento Kings and the Dallas Stars), but I really fell in love with football during my exchange semester at Boston. I went to a Pats-Jets game. However, I didn't like the Pats and their fans. I don't have a real connection to any other US city. So I watched a lot of football last season and even though the Texans weren't "that great", I really started to like that team and to cheer for them.

Nice to meet you guys and best wishes from across the pond! :)

Shezza 04-20-2014 05:47 AM

Hello from Brisbane Australia.

HJam72 04-20-2014 08:19 AM

Re: Hello from across the pond

Hello from Texas.

Yeah, last year was kind of pathetic, but it'll get better. :logo:

infantrycak 04-20-2014 08:53 AM

Welcome to the MB. Hopefully y'all will bring the Texans some better luck this year.

gwallaia 04-20-2014 08:55 AM

A Sacramento King fan??

Welcome to the board.

Playoffs 04-20-2014 09:50 AM

Welcome from the Bayou City to the City of Music -- any friend of Freud is a friend of mine. :handshake:

Its a good time to get on the Texans bandwagon as things can pretty much only go up from here after last year's debacle.

:logo:

VIE-IAH 04-20-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 2327692)
A Sacramento King fan??

Welcome to the board.

Haha, I don't even remember how I started rooting for them. I think I liked their trading cards when I was around 6 years old and I have stayed loyal since then. It hasn't been easy but better times are ahead^^.

PapaL 04-20-2014 10:24 AM

Welcome! Always nice to have new people around.

Playoffs 04-20-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shezza (Post 2327684)
Hello from Brisbane Australia.

And welcome to our new friend from Queensland, too.

Wow: Vienna & Brisbane are at the very top of my must visit cities in the world.

:worldpeace:

Showtime100 04-20-2014 11:28 AM

Another Dallas Stars fan too. Welcome! Please bring good luck!...lol.

SAMURAITEXAN 04-20-2014 05:09 PM

Hello from Tokyo, Japan and welcome to the TTC message board.

Texan_Bill 04-20-2014 08:29 PM

WOW!!! Welcome, all y'all!!!!! TEXAS IS WHAT Y'ALL heard about!!! Welcome in!!!!

Texan_Bill 04-20-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN (Post 2327790)
Hello from Tokyo, Japan and welcome to the TTC message board.

You don't count...... You've been here a long time mister!! ;)

Tailgate 04-20-2014 09:06 PM

Welcome aboard!! You have picked a classy organization and you get to enjoy JJ Watt as one of your own. Hard to find an easier player in the entire league to root for.

To be a fan of the Texans you should know the misery most of this fan base has had to endure over the past 50 yrs. We watched our team (when the previous team- the Oilers resided here) complete the biggest choke in NFL playoff history vs the Bills giving up a 35-3 3rd quarter lead with a very possible all Texas Super Bowl matchup vs the Dallas Cowboys looming had we won.

That would of been epic . Yet it was still epic history in the worst, a choke job so bad that it may never be topped. That loss was the beginning of the end as the Oilers ended up leaving the city and left us without a team for several yrs and ultimately delaying playoff football in this town for close to 20 yrs. Only a few cities have yet to have their team in a Super Bowl, and we are one of them. We are desperate for a winner and its going to be crazy when we finally get one. So enjoy the ride!

The great thing about this game is that you NEVER stop learning.

OzzO 04-20-2014 09:28 PM

Welcome to the Texans. Hopefully 3rd coach is the charm.

Dread-Head 04-21-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIE-IAH (Post 2327683)
Hey,

I'm a relatively new Texans fan from Europe. I have been following the NBA and NHL since my childhood (being a loyal fan of the Sacramento Kings and the Dallas Stars), but I really fell in love with football during my exchange semester at Boston. I went to a Pats-Jets game. However, I didn't like the Pats and their fans. I don't have a real connection to any other US city. So I watched a lot of football last season and even though the Texans weren't "that great", I really started to like that team and to cheer for them.

Nice to meet you guys and best wishes from across the pond! :)

Rep forthcoming for NOT liking the Patriots.

Dread-Head 04-21-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamuraiTexan
Hello from Tokyo, Japan and welcome to the TTC Message board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2327841)
You don't count...... You've been here a long time mister!! ;)

Hai hai.

sandman 04-21-2014 02:58 PM

Welcome from a Texan in London! We are lucky enough to get NFL games here a few times a year, even if it is the Jags. At least the Cowboys are coming this year. Have you had a chance to come over for any games?

Dread-Head 04-21-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman (Post 2328125)
Welcome from a Texan in London! We are lucky enough to get NFL games here a few times a year, even if it is the Jags. At least the Cowboys are coming this year. Have you had a chance to come over for any games?

Quote the Late Great James Brown:

"I wants revenge!"

VIE-IAH 04-21-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman (Post 2328125)

No, not yet. I was thinking about coming over for a game (probably Lions-Falcons) but I'm not too sure yet...