Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans bringing in RB Andre Brown for visit - signed. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104641)

_King_ 04-07-2014 08:58 AM

Texans bringing in RB Andre Brown for visit - signed.

Merge if needed.

Quote:

With Ben Tate leaving for the greener wallet and (perhaps) greener pastures of Cleveland, the Texans found themselves short in the backfield.

They’re going to look at a possible addition today.

A league source tells PFT that Giants running back Andre Brown will visit the Texans today. The Raiders had previously shown some interest.

Brown has played reasonably well in the times he was healthy, though that hasn’t been often. He missed eight games last year after a broken leg in the preseason, rushing for 492 yards in the half-season he played.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-texans-today/

ArlingtonTexan 04-07-2014 09:13 AM

Re: Texans bringing in RB Andre Brown for visit

Was pretty decent at times with the giants, but really has had trouble staying on the field.

steelbtexan 04-07-2014 09:22 AM

Brown is an upgrade talent wise. The guy is a complete RB. (Speed/vision/good hands/pass pro.

He needs to become a 3rd down/GL back who doesn't touch the ball more than 10-15 times a game. More than that and you can count on him getting hurt.

Foster/Brown/Johnson/UDFA. Not too bad, but I don't think either Foster or Brown will last a full season.

michaelm 04-07-2014 09:50 AM

Brown has a decent skill set, but I don't think he's ever played a full season in his career.
I won't hate it if he is signed, but would not have high expectations of him making any significant contribution.

infantrycak 04-07-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelm (Post 2323338)
Brown has a decent skill set, but I don't think he's ever played a full season in his career.
I won't hate it if he is signed, but would not have high expectations of him making any significant contribution.

He has had a ruptured achilles, 2 broken legs and a 4 game suspension for drugs (he said adderall) which was overturned on appeal.

Broken legs are not ordinarily connected nor make future injury more likely. Maybe Doc can dig up some more details an opine if he is unlucky or having problems which make injury prone a fair label.

thunderkyss 04-07-2014 09:58 AM

TexansSeminole 04-07-2014 10:49 AM

Really liked him up until that recent injury. I didn't get a chance to watch him a lot last year after the injury. If he healed well, I'm all for it at a low price.

CloakNNNdagger 04-07-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2323341)
He has had a ruptured achilles, 2 broken legs and a 4 game suspension for drugs (he said adderall) which was overturned on appeal.

Broken legs are not ordinarily connected nor make future injury more likely. Maybe Doc can dig up some more details an opine if he is unlucky or having problems which make injury prone a fair label.

All three of his leg injuries involved his left leg. The first fracture was a severe fibula fracture which required surgical plating. The last fracture, sustained after a direct helmet hit to the leg, was also of the left fibula, but was undisplaced and required no surgical intervention. The fracture site was evidently just outside of the bone's boundary with the plate. Just like Gronk's arm refracture, the plated bone is made very rigid, doesn't bend and is extremely unlikely to break again, but the areas adjacent to the plates now have to compensate for the rigidity of a large segment of the fibula, and bend more extremely to stress.........making those areas always at greater risk than normal to snap/fracture under stress. Opposing savvy Ds may just decide to target this area in the future. This having occurred at the end of the preseason. It may be somewhat telling that if he were considered that valuable, why did the Giants not decide to hang onto him (rather than IR him with designation to return) and bring him back 6-8 weeks later as is done with most fibula stress fractures, instead of after 10 weeks. I believe that they were concerned with dealing with yet another fracture occurring adjacent to the plate, especially if it were not given maximum time to heal and strengthen.

kingtexan 04-07-2014 11:02 AM

Just say no.

Playoffs 04-07-2014 11:15 AM

Andre Brown weathers countless obstacles in pursuit of another comeback
Quote:

Since being drafted in 2009, Brown has been involved in 19 transactions, including seven different cuts...

"Iím a fighter," Brown said, starting a General Patton quote relayed to him recently by Giants coach Tom Coughlin. "I fight where Iím told, and I win where I fight."
The definition of a journeyman.

infantrycak 04-07-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2323377)
The definition of a journeyman.

Seems like a cheaper Tate IMO.

PapaL 04-07-2014 12:55 PM

Andre Brown visiting the Texans today

Andre Brown visiting the Texans today; LINK

Quote:

With Ben Tate leaving for the greener wallet and (perhaps) greener pastures of Cleveland, the Texans found themselves short in the backfield.

They’re going to look at a possible addition today.

A league source tells PFT that Giants running back Andre Brown will visit the Texans today. The Raiders had previously shown some interest.

Brown has played reasonably well in the times he was healthy, though that hasn’t been often. He missed eight games last year after a broken leg in the preseason, rushing for 492 yards in the half-season he played.

He’d provide solid cover behind Arian Foster, assuming he can stay on the field.
When healthy last year, I thought he ran really well. At the right price he'd be a good fit for us IMO.

CloakNNNdagger 04-07-2014 01:16 PM

Re: Andre Brown visiting the Texans today

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2323430)
Andre Brown visiting the Texans today; LINK

Quote:

He’d provide solid cover behind Arian Foster, assuming he can stay on the field.

When healthy last year, I thought he ran really well. At the right price he'd be a good fit for us IMO.

At this point, I would have to ask which "he" is being referred to.:mcnugget:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104641

MODS: PLEASE MERGE

HOU-TEX 04-07-2014 03:08 PM

He's a Texan

Quote:

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL ∑ 3m
Texans agree with RB Andre Brown.

JCTexan 04-07-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2323507)
He's a Texan

Good move. Brown should be a solid backup at least.

htowntexans1985 04-07-2014 03:19 PM

Two injury riddled running backs. Yay!!!

_King_ 04-07-2014 03:19 PM

Well...We'll see what shakes loose...

HOU-TEX 04-07-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _King_ (Post 2323513)
Well...We'll see what shakes loose...

Or what tears loose. Ha

matts290 04-07-2014 03:22 PM

Curious to see what his contract looks like, but assuming we got him at a good price I like the signing. Andre is a very capable back in all aspects of the game, a 70/30 split with him and Foster could net a very productive backfield.

kingtexan 04-07-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2323507)
He's a Texan

Not real crazy about this signing, hopefully they know something that leads them to believe he wont get injured and just be on the books with no production.