Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104430)

Texans Pride 03-16-2014 06:14 PM

Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/...r-matt-schaub/

HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans and Oakland Raiders have been in serious talks about a trade involving Matt Schaub heading to Oakland, a source has told SportsRadio 610.

SportsRadio 610 learned that the Texans are trying to make the deal and eventually want a quarterback that can step in an play right away in 2014, whether that is in the draft or in a trade.

The Texans are looking to ship out Matt Schaub and his $10.5 million in salary cap cost to the Raiders, who have $59.9 million in cap space, and free up more cap room for their own ability to grab someone else in free agency or via trade.

Showtime100 03-16-2014 06:18 PM

Re: Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub

I guess it's still where QB's careers go to die.

In all seriousness if this happens I wish him the best. I'd be interested to see what the Raiders will give in return.

Playoffs 03-16-2014 06:19 PM

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...99#post2312899

Nawzer 03-16-2014 06:52 PM

We'll probably get a 2024 conditional 8th round pick for Schaub.

mussop 03-16-2014 07:10 PM

Please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!please let this be true!!!!

gg no re 03-16-2014 07:17 PM

I'd settle for a straight-up swap of matt schaub for mark davis's hair stylist.

ObsiWan 03-16-2014 07:21 PM

So how many draft picks are we going to have to give up to get Oakland to take Matt S. off our hands?
:kitten:

...oh don't gimme that look; you know you were thinking it.
:D

False Start 03-16-2014 07:27 PM

Schaub for a pick in the 6th. :cool:

LikeMike 03-16-2014 07:30 PM

We basically have no leverage here. Everybody know that Schaub has played his last game for us. And so far no other team seems to be interested. It would be great, if we could get something in return. If it is anything more than a 4th rounder IŽd be shocked - and IŽd do that trade in a heartbeat.

_King_ 03-16-2014 07:32 PM

Mcgloin still under contract with the raiders? Any chance he's part of a trade?

Showtime100 03-16-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeMike (Post 2313021)
We basically have no leverage here. Everybody know that Schaub has played his last game for us. And so far no other team seems to be interested. It would be great, if we could get something in return. If it is anything more than a 4th rounder IŽd be shocked - and IŽd do that trade in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't go that far. It's clear we have a QB they want (if this story is true). He might be history here, but one man's garbage could be another man's gold.

_King_ 03-16-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

I don't know about no leverage. We have no idea who's interested and who not. Lite if discussions happen that we know nothing of. Often times moved happen seemingly out if nowhere. All you need is two teams to believe Schaub makes them better. Really just one.

I have no idea what well get if anything for Matt. But I'll pretty much take anything.

steelbtexan 03-16-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _King_ (Post 2313022)
Mcgloin still under contract with the raiders? Any chance he's part of a trade?

This is the question I asked in the other thread.

It looks like there could be a bidding was between the Raiders and the Browns. The Raiders are trying to make sure they get Schaub.

Good luck Matty Ice.

Doppelganger 03-16-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Actually Texans do have some leverage here.

If they cut him, he hits the open market. Reports suggest if he hits the open market, he will sign with his preferred spot: Cleveland where his old buddy Shanahan Jr is the OC. Oakland is NOT his preferred spot. Thus, if Oakland wants him, they gotta make a trade for him. By leaking this story it also potentially opens up the Browns as a trade partner if they feel that the Texans may trade him to Oakland they may feel they have to make the trade for him.

If they can get anything for him it would be fantastic.

DocBar 03-16-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2313023)
I wouldn't go that far. It's clear we have a QB they want (if this story is true). He might be history here, but one man's garbage could be another man's gold.

With Schaub under contract we have considerable leverage. I wonder if Schaub would rather play in Oakland or Cleveland. I also wonder if he'll aks to be cut instead of traded, ala Sproles.

_King_ 03-16-2014 07:47 PM

I'd love to get another first round somehow. Not very realistic, but nice to think about.

Goldensilence 03-16-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _King_ (Post 2313031)
I'd love to get another first round somehow. Not very realistic, but nice to think about.

What are you smoking? The state of Colorado has gotta be interested in getting it's hads on what you are.

Based on his contract alone i'd happily give a seventh round pick for taking him. Any picks the FO can get IF this happens is icing. Complete icing.

ObsiWan 03-16-2014 08:01 PM

This can't be happening. I mean it would take a GM with some modicum of intelligence and savvy to get one team (let alone two) remotely interested in a washed up guy "everyone knows" we're about to cut.

...and all we have is Rick Smith.

this cannot be happening.
:runaway:

Marshall 03-16-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 2313039)
This can't be happening. I mean it would take a GM with some modicum of intelligence and savvy to get one team (let alone two) remotely interested in a washed up guy "everyone knows" we're about to cut.

...and all we have is Rick Smith.

this cannot be happening.
:runaway:

Schaub is NOT the lost cause many think. He had a bad year and some teams realize that.

_King_ 03-16-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldensilence (Post 2313037)
What are you smoking? The state of Colorado has gotta be interested in getting it's hads on what you are.

Based on his contract alone i'd happily give a seventh round pick for taking him. Any picks the FO can get IF this happens is icing. Complete icing.

Can you read? Or do you just flash your head from side to Side and pick up on key words?

Btw, I wasn't saying get a first round pick for Schaub alone. You filled in the blanks how you wanted to but what I was thinking was Schaub and picks to get back into the first.

But again, i said I don't think it's realistic so not sure what the point of your post actually is.